Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Something within Helper recruitment should change.

• Yes (comment what)

Votes: 36 92.3%
  • No (comment why not

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I'm not sure yet (comment why)

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
d2ba85f39aa52c987151ed459ec70fde.png

I recently came across some discussions about Helper recruitment. Everyone had its own opinion, which is why I will share my opinion & others opinions. I know this thread might get some hate, but I think something has to change. I hope this thread will get some attention, and won't be ignored by people who have the power to change stuff.

76c1744b5296d4ee8b4dfcc93ff4ea58.png
According to a lot of people, something within the Helper recruitment has to change. There are a lot of members, who have potential to be a great Helper, but the staff recruitment team still denies them. People keep complaining to CubeCraft about the lack of Moderators, which causes a lack of moderation ingame. Cube's reply is most of the times: " It's hard to find members, who could become good Moderators". And that circle keeps repeating. The problem is that CubeCraft is too strict when it comes to accepting Helpers.

76dceff21482ce7a7355bb1cc5318a79.png
There's a (simple) solution to this problem. Making Helper a learning trial instead of considering a Helper a fully experienced staff member. Right now, only the best have a chance in becoming Helper. There isn't much wrong with that, aside the people who might not be the best - but certainly are good enough to be a Helper - , do not have a chance to become a Helper. This causes a lack of staff members. There are two ways to fix this (there are probably more, but these are the ones I came up with) :
  1. Making Helper a learning trial instead of considering a Helper a fully experienced staff member. This includes hiring more Helpers. If it's a learning trial, it also means that mistakes will be made. There will be people among the hired Helpers, who aren't capable of being Helper. But there will mostly be people, who are ready to be trained for Moderator. These people might not be perfect Moderators yet, but that's 50% of the Helper rank imo. Finding out if the person is capable of being a Moderator. If they aren't, they could be demoted. If they are, they can be promoted to Moderator. This system would at least give more Helpers, which would cause more connection with the community, more moderation etc.
  2. Making the Helper role a rank, instead of a trial. This might be the opposite of my first point, but this does help against the lack of staff members. Right now, the Helper role is a trial, to become Moderator (at least it's supposed to be). Like I said, CubeCraft considers a Helper a fully experienced staff member. But, there are currently only 3 Helpers. So I came up with an idea. What if we made the Helpers take over some tasks of Moderators. Moderators are quite busy overall, so Helpers could do some stuff for them. Like moderating Ingame, and in Discord. This would give more use to the Helper role. Ofcourse Helpers won't be able to answer all questions, which is why Moderators should assist & watch over them. Moderators would have more time for /report reports, which will reduce the amount of automatically closed reports.
Both these systems will cause more work for Animal. And I know she's a volunteer, and that she won't be able to handle more work like this. Which is why we should maybe have two Admins. I know that two staff managers won't work, which is why I think one Admin should be Staff Manager over the Moderators, and the other Admin should manage over the Helpers. This is so they can focus on one thing, and so that they will have more time for it. Since Admins are volunteers, I don't think this would harm CubeCraft.
If there are two Admins, one dedicated to Helpers (reviewing applications included), maybe that Staff Manager could also give feedback to applicants. I know this isn't possible right now, as it's too much work. But if the person who gives feedback doesn't have to do manage Moderators, it should be able to give feedback to applications. Ofcourse, reacting to every application won't work. But, reacting to the ones that stand above the others would be useful. These people didn't make it, but they were close. If they were told what they had to change, it would improve their next application.

I'm sure there are some flaws in these systems. But I think we can work that out as a community.

5a8418299b36e6c09578d6b8f003a95a.png
In my opinion something within the Helper recruitment has to change. I think we have a lack in staff members. So I also think that we need more Moderators. This can be done by hiring more Helpers. I think CubeCraft is way to strict when it comes to accepting applications. The Helper role is supposed to be a trial. Which means people shouldn't always be promoted from Helper to Moderator, it means that there will be people who won't be able to be a Moderator. But the majority of the hired people, will be able to become a Moderator. The people that become Helper nowadays, could be promoted to Moderator instantly, they won't have to learn anything (aside from some technical stuff). But I think that people who do have to learn some things, would become even better Moderators. They have to work with the Moderators in order to learn. Which means they improve themselves, which is really important in my opinion.

I've asked others for their opinions. Everyone has it's own opinion, but we basically all agreed on one thing: something within the Helper recruitment has to change. There were also people who did think it should stay like this, just saying. But, since this is a critical thread, I decided to only quote the ones who had some improvements for the Helper recruitment. Know that we all have respect for the current system, this is not hate or something like that, these are just some improvements (according to us):

Helper recruitment has been made too difficult. Members basically have to be fit for moderator already, even before becoming a helper. When Tacos lowered the requirements about two years ago, I basically didn’t see the reason why. People with a couple forums messages (under 500) shouldn’t be accepted, but at the same time they shouldn’t be too harsh. Some people are very qualified for the Helper rank. It’s for a reason a trail before becoming Moderator. People that definitely should get a chance of becoming helper in my opinions are the ones with:
- Five months forums activity. The activity is important. Almost every day online.
- 300 reports at least.
- Properly speaking English
- Posts on the forums have to be mature. Having a childish discussion can happen, but constantly fighting with others is a no-go.
- According to the chat filter hasn’t been swearing for 4-6 months. Filtering out the ones that the chat filter registered but aren’t swearwords
- Last punishment more than 6 months ago. If there are more than 5 punishments it’ll have to be 1 year (not counting the warnings).

One thing that is also important. If these members do not apply for helper, helper recruitment-team or Animal should ask them personally to come join the team.

Recruitment team has the wrong attitude. If I recall correctly, StorySays (or an other member of staff) said (somewhere, im not too sure where) that the recruitment team pretty much has the opinion literally every hired Helper must become mod otherwise they'd fail. In my opinion, this is sort of nonsense. Even if it takes 6 months before a Helper is Mod, a staffer is a staffer. Next to this, I think they're being to strict. Me and some other people could be a good staff member (and I'm sure some of us applied) yet we have not received anything. They should either become less strict or give feedback instead of ignoring the application; this could come over as demotivating; ''why would I waste my time on a server if they don't care about what I do".

I think they need to ask certain players if they would be interested in joining the staff team. Another possibility is recruiting more helpers to see if they would be a good staff member. Nobody is perfect and I think more players deserve the chance to prove that they are worthy the job. It is okey to make mistakes as a Helper. That's why we have this rank. I did make some mistakes and I learned from those. So I believe in the process of improvement and I hope that the recruitment team follows my idea.

We all know that CubeCraft is understaffed. They lowered the requirements, but are still searching for too much quality. They should see helper as a testing period/role. If you are suitable, you should get promoted to moderator. If not, you get demoted to member. As it is now, they search for "perfect" members, which is really hard to find. Of course, it needs to be a reliable member. Basically, no one is perfect from the start. I'm pretty sure someone who's not "perfect" from the start, can reach the same level as someone who is. We all learn new things every day.

Yeah they could be less strict, as I have said in the forums already, helper doesn't have any real power, so giving more people helper wouldn't hurt much, and if they misbehave they can just be demoted

Yes, Cube is looking for too much quality right now, I think they shouldn't be doing that and be a bit more open. Choose people who fit the requirements and then they can learn the stuff from a Mod who do knows the stuff. Keeping the quality this high, will probably result in a longer period of a low amount of staffs. Let people learn from other people and the mistakes they make, that's the key to succes.

I think that Cubecraft is a little bit too strict in recruiting new helpers Wit the current application form which is in my opinion only statistic-based, I think that you can't really see if someone is suited for the helper function or not. I think Cubecraft should invite almost every application that meets the minimum requirements, except if there is something that disqualifies them from becoming a helper so you can have a better look at the applicant's personality and their abilities to perform the function as a helper. I also think that if you are not sure about an applicant, you can ask them they would do in certain situations or give them a chance as a helper. I understand that you are mostly searching for helper/moderators that speak languages that or not currently in the staff team, but if you look at the Dutch moderators, we currently have 5 dutch moderators and 1 helper. If I submit a Dutch report, it takes 1-7 days to get these reports handled (Yes, it did happen that it took a week to get a Dutch report handled). If I'm playing on Cubecraft, at least 40% of the players seem to be Dutch so I think that Cubecraft should also recruit more helpers in the languages that play a lot on Cubecraft, this also applies to Spanish and Swedish I think.

There were some more people, who wanted to share their opinion, but I think this would be enough of a statement. Leave your opinion in the comments please.

Please do remember, this is anything but hate. The staff team of CubeCraft is doing an amazing job. Especially to AnimalTamer1, this is anything but hate to you. You're doing an amazing job, we couldn't have done it better.

I'll be tagging the people, who I think, are able to change stuff, and I'd like to hear the opinion of you guys. @AnimalTamer1 @Younisco @Camezonda @Capitan

Big thanks to @FranKEANUstein for helping me with some stuff, and a big thanks to @Marieke2001 , @SpookyMan13 , @Fisktratt , @Waterguy_12 , @Ducky Jr and Anonymous1 for sharing your opinion.

Let me know what your opinion about this subject is. Both negative and positive comments are appreciated!

Last edited:

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
If there are two Admins, one dedicated to Helpers (reviewing applications included), maybe that Staff Manager could also give feedback to applicants.
I vote for cluke. Even though his admin position was retreated because he had to focus on the building team, this man is a living legend and one of the nicest people with “power” i’ve met in that staffteam.

Option 1 seems like the best option in my opinion. We’ve had helpers who abused their rank (people like Jackelele) who DDOSed others and such. I feel like we don’t want to give helpers that much power and especially not if it’s easier to become a helper.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
d2ba85f39aa52c987151ed459ec70fde.png

I recently came across some discussions about Helper recruitment. Everyone had its own opinion, which is why I will share my opinion & others opinions. I know this thread might get some hate, but I think something has to change. I hope this thread will get some attention, and won't be ignored by people who have the power to change stuff.

76c1744b5296d4ee8b4dfcc93ff4ea58.png
According to a lot of people, something within the Helper recruitment has to change. There are a lot of members, who have potential to be a great Helper, but the staff recruitment team still denies them. People keep complaining to CubeCraft about the lack of Moderators, which causes a lack of moderation ingame. Cube's reply is most of the times: " It's hard to find members, who could become good Moderators". And that circle keeps repeating. The problem is that CubeCraft is too strict when it comes to accepting Helpers.

76dceff21482ce7a7355bb1cc5318a79.png
There's a (simple) solution to this problem. Making Helper a learning trial instead of considering a Helper a fully experienced staff member. Right now, only the best have a chance in becoming Helper. There isn't much wrong with that, aside the people who might not be the best - but certainly are good enough to be a Helper - , do not have a chance to become a Helper. This causes a lack of staff members. There are two ways to fix this (there are probably more, but these are the ones I came up with) :
  1. Making Helper a learning trial instead of considering a Helper a fully experienced staff member. This includes hiring more Helpers. If it's a learning trial, it also means that mistakes will be made. There will be people among the hired Helpers, who aren't capable of being Helper. But there will mostly be people, who are ready to be trained for Moderator. These people might not be perfect Moderators yet, but that's 50% of the Helper rank imo. Finding out if the person is capable of being a Moderator. If they aren't, they could be demoted. If they are, they can be promoted to Moderator. This system would at least give more Helpers, which would cause more connection with the community, more moderation etc.
  2. Making the Helper role a rank, instead of a trial. This might be the opposite of my first point, but this does help against the lack of staff members. Right now, the Helper role is a trial, to become Moderator (at least it's supposed to be). Like I said, CubeCraft considers a Helper a fully experienced staff member. But, there are currently only 3 Helpers. So I came up with an idea. What if we made the Helpers take over some tasks of Moderators. Moderators are quite busy overall, so Helpers could do some stuff for them. Like moderating Ingame, and in Discord. This would give more use to the Helper role. Ofcourse Helpers won't be able to answer all questions, which is why Moderators should assist & watch over them. Moderators would have more time for /report reports, which will reduce the amount of automatically closed reports.
Both these systems will cause more work for Animal. And I know she's a volunteer, and that she won't be able to handle more work like this. Which is why we should maybe have two Admins. I know that two staff managers won't work, which is why I think one Admin should be Staff Manager over the Moderators, and the other Admin should manage over the Helpers. This is so they can focus on one thing, and so that they will have more time for it. Since Admins are volunteers, I don't think this would harm CubeCraft.
If there are two Admins, one dedicated to Helpers (reviewing applications included), maybe that Staff Manager could also give feedback to applicants. I know this isn't possible right now, as it's too much work. But if the person who gives feedback doesn't have to do manage Moderators, it should be able to give feedback to applications. Ofcourse, reacting to every application won't work. But, reacting to the ones that stand above the others would be useful. These people didn't make it, but they were close. If they were told what they had to change, it would improve their next application.

I'm sure there are some flaws in these systems. But I think we can work that out as a community.

5a8418299b36e6c09578d6b8f003a95a.png
In my opinion something within the Helper recruitment has to change. I think we have a lack in staff members. So I also think that we need more Moderators. This can be done by hiring more Helpers. I think CubeCraft is way to strict when it comes to accepting applications. The Helper role is supposed to be a trial. Which means people shouldn't always be promoted from Helper to Moderator, it means that there will be people who won't be able to be a Moderator. But the majority of the hired people, will be able to become a Moderator. The people that become Helper nowadays, could be promoted to Moderator instantly, they won't have to learn anything (aside from some technical stuff). But I think that people who do have to learn some things, would become even better Moderators. They have to work with the Moderators in order to learn. Which means they improve themselves, which is really important in my opinion.

I've asked others for their opinions. Everyone has it's own opinion, but we basically all agreed on one thing: something within the Helper recruitment has to change. There were also people who did think it should stay like this, just saying. But, since this is a critical thread, I decided to only quote the ones who had some improvements for the Helper recruitment. Know that we all have respect for the current system, this is not hate or something like that, these are just some improvements (according to us):

Helper recruitment has been made too difficult. Members basically have to be fit for moderator already, even before becoming a helper. When Tacos lowered the requirements about two years ago, I basically didn’t see the reason why. People with a couple forums messages (under 500) shouldn’t be accepted, but at the same time they shouldn’t be too harsh. Some people are very qualified for the Helper rank. It’s for a reason a trail before becoming Moderator. People that definitely should get a chance of becoming helper in my opinions are the ones with:
- Five months forums activity. The activity is important. Almost every day online.
- 300 reports at least.
- Properly speaking English
- Posts on the forums have to be mature. Having a childish discussion can happen, but constantly fighting with others is a no-go.
- According to the chat filter hasn’t been swearing for 4-6 months. Filtering out the ones that the chat filter registered but aren’t swearwords
- Last punishment more than 6 months ago. If there are more than 5 punishments it’ll have to be 1 year (not counting the warnings).

One thing that is also important. If these members do not apply for helper, helper recruitment-team or Animal should ask them personally to come join the team.

Recruitment team has the wrong attitude. If I recall correctly, StorySays (or an other member of staff) said (somewhere, im not too sure where) that the recruitment team pretty much has the opinion literally every hired Helper must become mod otherwise they'd fail. In my opinion, this is sort of nonsense. Even if it takes 6 months before a Helper is Mod, a staffer is a staffer. Next to this, I think they're being to strict. Me and some other people could be a good staff member (and I'm sure some of us applied) yet we have not received anything. They should either become less strict or give feedback instead of ignoring the application; this could come over as demotivating; ''why would I waste my time on a server if they don't care about what I do".

I think they need to ask certain players if they would be interested in joining the staff team. Another possibility is recruiting more helpers to see if they would be a good staff member. Nobody is perfect and I think more players deserve the chance to prove that they are worthy the job. It is okey to make mistakes as a Helper. That's why we have this rank. I did make some mistakes and I learned from those. So I believe in the process of improvement and I hope that the recruitment team follows my idea.

We all know that CubeCraft is understaffed. They lowered the requirements, but are still searching for too much quality. They should see helper as a testing period/role. If you are suitable, you should get promoted to moderator. If not, you get demoted to member. As it is now, they search for "perfect" members, which is really hard to find. Of course, it needs to be a reliable member. Basically, no one is perfect from the start. I'm pretty sure someone who's not "perfect" from the start, can reach the same level as someone who is. We all learn new things every day.

Yeah they could be less strict, as I have said in the forums already, helper doesn't have any real power, so giving more people helper wouldn't hurt much, and if they misbehave they can just be demoted

I think that Cubecraft is a little bit too strict in recruiting new helpers Wit the current application form which is in my opinion only statistic-based, I think that you can't really see if someone is suited for the helper function or not. I think Cubecraft should invite almost every application that meets the minimum requirements, except if there is something that disqualifies them from becoming a helper so you can have a better look at the applicant's personality and their abilities to perform the function as a helper. I also think that if you are not sure about an applicant, you can ask them they would do in certain situations or give them a chance as a helper. I understand that you are mostly searching for helper/moderators that speak languages that or not currently in the staff team, but if you look at the Dutch moderators, we currently have 5 dutch moderators and 1 helper. If I submit a Dutch report, it takes 1-7 days to get these reports handled (Yes, it did happen that it took a week to get a Dutch report handled). If I'm playing on Cubecraft, at least 40% of the players seem to be Dutch so I think that Cubecraft should also recruit more helpers in the languages that play a lot on Cubecraft, this also applies to Spanish and Swedish I think.

Yes, Cube is looking for too much quality right now, I think they shouldn't be doing that and be a bit more open. Choose people who fit the requirements and then they can learn the stuff from a Mod who do knows the stuff. Keeping the quality this high, will probably result in a longer period of a low amount of staffs. Let people learn from other people and the mistakes they make, that's the key to succes.

There were some more people, who wanted to share their opinion, but I think this would be enough of a statement. Leave your opinion in the comments please.

Please do remember, this is anything but hate. The staff team of CubeCraft is doing an amazing job. Especially to AnimalTamer1, this is anything but hate to you. You're doing an amazing job, we couldn't have done it better.

I'll be tagging the people, who I think, are able to change stuff, and I'd like to hear the opinion of you guys. @AnimalTamer1 @Younisco @Camezonda @Capitan

Big thanks to @FranKEANUstein for helping me with some stuff, and a big thanks to @Marieke2001 , @SpookyMan13 , @Fisktratt , @Waterguy_12 , Anonymous1 and Anonymous2 for sharing your opinion.

Let me know what your opinion about this subject is. Both negative and positive comments are appreciated!
I agree that perhaps helper recruitment is too strict, and they should be more open minded with who they accept. For example, someone isn't accepted as helper because they have made rude/bad comments in the past (I'm making this up). Should that be a reason not to let them in? I certainly do not know what exactly a player needs to be a good staff member, but what I do know is that when people face responsibilities they either have two ways of going about it. They face it, change something within themselves to improve. Or they ignore it/decide not to do much about it. Same should go with Helpers. Demoting shouldn't be so rare, it's part of finding suitable people. As I once said before, I'm sure that people in the spirit of commitment, will improve themselves if they're given a Helper rank.

Your second solution would end up being problematic if they decide to implement the first one. You cannot be more open with who you accept, therefore taking more risks of something going wrong. And then giving those people more responsibility. How I understand Helper roles work, it seems that they are in charge in very few, but important tasks. Mostly of which if they mess up it won't be such a big deal. And it should stay like that, I wouldn't like to have 10 unexperienced moderators checking my reports.

I agree with giving some feedback to applications, it would most definitely be useful for members trying to get accepted. I think applying and never getting a response is just discouraging, and if you've given a few reasons why (if your application was somewhat good) then that might keep you motivated to apply in the next cycle.

I do think that although most of us have this notion of the recruitment team being "too strict" but I invite you to see how many members are active on the forums/somewhat represents the desired qualities of a staff member.

Now my opinions on Marieke's suggestions. About the 300 hundred reports, I think that's just excessive. Especially because hackers aren't really that abundant, in many of the cases your report gets denied because Sentinel already punished them, and the only reports you could get a lot of are chat infractions. But do they say much about your criterion? Don't think so. The chat filter idea seems absolutely great. At last, yeah perhaps they should reach out to members just like the designer team does sometimes.

Entirely agree with you Keanu.

True Fisktratt, at times it gives off the impression you might have to change who you are just to please the recruitment team. It is evident with people that try so hard to act like perfect role models, when in reality they're not perfect. And they shouldn't, you're trying to hire a team of humans, not machines?

My personal conclusions are, they are too strict. Helpers should be more abundant, and seeing a helper be demoted should be too. Qualified players should be invited to join the staff team. CubeCraft should be especially open about applicants who speak one of the server's main languages. And those months of activity should imply connecting to the forums and participating almost daily. At last, I would like to add that perhaps recruitment should become common knowledge to frequent Cubecraft users. Not sure how they would like to approach it but, more people should be aware of the fact that they can become a staff member.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Now my opinions on Marieke's suggestions. About the 300 hundred reports, I think that's just excessive. Especially because hackers aren't really that abundant, in many of the cases your report gets denied because Sentinel already punished them, and the only reports you could get a lot of are chat infractions. But do they say much about your criterion? Don't think so. The chat filter idea seems absolutely great. At last, yeah perhaps they should reach out to members just like the designer team does sometimes.
I was a bit doubtful about the amount of reports too :P. I’m still banned from the report site (and wish to remain banned as I literally can’t care any less). But before I got my helper rank, I got about 300 reports accepted with the new system. I feel like reports are a very good indicator to see wether or not someone is capable to recognize cheaters. Of course the helper recruitment team already does look at the reasons why your report has been denied. But I’d say that between 200-300 reports should be the minimum. And 300 should really be the minimum if they decide to add report videos with sentinel bans as that means that your reports also will get accepted. But I have barely played CCG since my unban, so I wouldn’t know how easy it still is to catch 3-10 rulebreakers a day.

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
Your second solution would end up being problematic if they decide to implement the first one. You cannot be more open with who you accept, therefore taking more risks of something going wrong. And then giving those people more responsibility. How I understand Helper roles work, it seems that they are in charge in very few, but important tasks. Mostly of which if they mess up it won't be such a big deal. And it should stay like that, I wouldn't like to have 10 unexperienced moderators checking my reports.
I never meant to implement both. It was either 1 or 2, not both of them. And I agree that Helpers shouldn't do too much important stuff, because they could mess it up, but that's also why I said that Moderators should assist & watch over them.

My personal conclusions are, they are too strict. Helpers should be more abundant, and seeing a helper be demoted should be too. Qualified players should be invited to join the staff team. CubeCraft should be especially open about applicants who speak one of the server's main languages. And those months of activity should imply connecting to the forums and participating almost daily. At last, I would like to add that perhaps recruitment should become common knowledge to frequent Cubecraft users. Not sure how they would like to approach it but, more people should be aware of the fact that they can become a staff member.
100% agree with this

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
One thing that really annoys on the topic of Helpers is the shear amount of helper wannabes on the forums and on the server. It's very annoying when I see these kids copy and pasting threads, message farming, and spreading fake positivity. There are a lot of members out there that would get a huge chunk of their messages removed because of message farming. The message requirement should 300, but with a caviat. All of these messages have to have meaning behind them. A lot of these message farmers say things like: "Nice build +1" "I agree this should be added!" My main point is that the way some people go about going for helper is just dishonest.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I was a bit doubtful about the amount of reports too :p. I’m still banned from the report site (and wish to remain banned as I literally can’t care any less). But before I got my helper rank, I got about 300 reports accepted with the new system. I feel like reports are a very good indicator to see wether or not someone is capable to recognize cheaters. Of course the helper recruitment team already does look at the reasons why your report has been denied. But I’d say that between 200-300 reports should be the minimum. And 300 should really be the minimum if they decide to add report videos with sentinel bans as that means that your reports also will get accepted. But I have barely played CCG since my unban, so I wouldn’t know how easy it still is to catch 3-10 rulebreakers a day.
how to get banned from reports site?

iHamster

Novice Member
Dec 5, 2017
The Netherlands
If CubeCraft makes the system of being accepted less strict, the one being accepted as a helper could learn something from the other mods. Of course I also understand that you cannot hire anyone who has barely any experience with the server. But I do think that if someone has been playing on the server for 1/2 year, has successfully reported, is 14/15 years old, can speak English well and is able to type well English is a suitable helper.

Of course everyone can learn something, but we can also learn from each other. That's why I think should be less strict so that the mods can kind of train the helpers as a succesful mod. Personally, I think the helpers can become much better than with the strict system where you can become a mod faster. This is my opinion, I don't hate the system as it is now :).

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
I vote for cluke. Even though his admin position was retreated because he had to focus on the building team, this man is a living legend and one of the nicest people with “power” i’ve met in that staffteam.

Option 1 seems like the best option in my opinion. We’ve had helpers who abused their rank (people like Jackelele) who DDOSed others and such. I feel like we don’t want to give helpers that much power and especially not if it’s easier to become a helper.
I totally agree. Working next to Luke is a privilege and a honour. He is one of the nicest persons I've ever met in cube.

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
Yes, the lack of moderators is a huge thing imo. If I report someone with /report mostly the hacker will be banned atleast 2/3 days later.

For your first idea, the helpers who have to learn a lot, maybe some experienced moderators could learn them things, or give them compliments if they do something good!

I agree with most of the things, I'd very like the requirements that @Marieke2001 said in her opinion thing!

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I agree that there needs to be a change in the Helper Recruitment system right now. I also gave my opinion because of this problem.

I think solution 1 is the best for now. As said, the Helper rank should be a trial before Moderator, you learn what you can and should be doing as staff on the network, but sometimes just too high stuff is expected from the Helpers. I also think if this solution is gonna work, then I guess Cube can choose some more Helpers to get trained for the big work, on the other side, too many Helpers will maybe cause chaos, because you need to watch over them and learn them, which you don't want in a staff team.

And also like you mentioned, if they are not really capable of being a Mod on Cube, they can be demoted, though you showed yourself and what you can. If the person is capable, then you probably have some new Mods which leads into better and more moderation on the server.

It all just has to work out between and with the staff and the people who want to help moderating the server. And that's just not an easy and fast thing which means there needs to be a good plan about how to do this, that's why Cube would need a solution for the Helper Recruitment system now.

Thanks for asking for opinions, that was a good idea. And I love seeing the effort put in this thread!

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
First of all I want to say I really appreciate it when someone makes a well constructed thread.
I used to be moderator way back and I haven't really associated myself with the Moderator team since then so I'm not really aware of what kind of rules they have or how they manage their team, but I do agree with there being a lack of Staffmembers in the Mod team.

I agree being helper needs to be more of a trial than an soon to be Mod. At the very least there will be a bigger quantity of staffmember to deal with stuff, but this could lead quality being lowered so I get why they're strict. Even if they were to be just in a trail they would still represent the server. Marieke2001: We’ve had helpers who abused their rank (people like Jackelele) who DDOSed others and such. I feel like we don’t want to give helpers that much power and especially not if it’s easier to become a helper.

The idea sounds very good in my opinion, but executing and managing it will definitly be a lot harder.
When Mitgobla, Reindeerclark and I started assisting Luke with managing the Designer team we were told that good designers might not be good managers at all. Same goes for the mod team: being a good moderator doesn't mean you're good at managing a team. If they're going to do this they would need an active mod who's not only knowledgeable, actively online and willing to do this, but also good at managing and willing to learn how managing that team works.

Working with Luke is really nice and he's a great manager, but he has his hands full managing us potatoes.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I was just looking at the member list when I discovered something. I fail to believe that I am probably the first and the only person to have "Mint" in their username (probably).
I mean- come on, it isn't that bad-
how.PNG

I wanted to promote random people to admins and demote all the old staff, but here I am.
a9o2 wrote on camulos's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!😍
a9o2 wrote on ItsWilliam32's profile.
Happy birthday! 🥰
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on henlo5964's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on henlo5964's profile.
Happy Birthday Henlo! 🎊
Top Bottom