Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
Good afternoon everyone! Yesterday a lot of new helpers joined the server. Congrats to the new helpers but I have a question. How is it possible that people who are never in a voice-call on Discord are accepted for helper and people who are daily in a call not? It seems to me to be a requirement because lots of rule-breakers (like ear-rapers or people who talk other languages) are in voice-channels on Discord. If you have a helper/moderator who is often in call, you can kick/ban the rule breakers faster instead of waiting and waiting for a mod (which is really annoying)

My suggestion for the next applications is that it's more important to be often in a Discord call on the Cubecraft Discord server then being active on the forums.

Regards, EasyWest

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I do understand what you mean with this but at the same time, I feel like this should not be a requirement. Sure, staff members should be able to jump into calls and help players out but having it as a requirement to often join calls ect would most likely not work out. It's also hard to track how often a person gets into calls due to timezones and how many people who actually join calls in the Cubecraft discord.

With this said, I sadly do not agree with this but it's great that you're coming with suggestions!

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
I do understand what you mean with this but at the same time, I feel like this should not be a requirement. Sure, staff members should be able to jump into calls and help players out but having it as a requirement to often join calls ect would most likely not work out. It's also hard to track how often a person gets into calls due to timezones and how many people who actually join calls in the Cubecraft discord.

With this said, I sadly do not agree with this but it's great that you're coming with suggestions!
Next to this, being in a vc often doesn't mean you're a good applicant.
Discord is just one of our 3 platforms. If they're active and in a vc quite often, then that doesn't mean they're active/behaving well on the 3 other platforms. It's about the big picture.

ARTH4R

Mar 11, 2016
Belgium
I see your point. But don't you think a priority should be looking for cheaters, answering questions, filing and reviewing reports?
And still, helpers/moderators can be contacted and can receive reports when there is a rulebreaker abusing voice-chat.

Arthur

Reactions: Nammed and ImJunior

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Being active on the forums is was more important, because you can answer people’s questions, suggest new ideas, or pointing out where are some problems and why they should be fixed and most importantly how.

RobinDn

Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2017
You can choose if you join a call or not, I don't know why that would be a requirement.
But I know what you mean, that shows that people are active on the discord from Cubecraft.

Ivanblokhuis!

Novice Member
Dec 2, 2016
Netherlands
Next to this, being in a vc often doesn't mean you're a good applicant.
Discord is just one of our 3 platforms. If they're active and in a vc quite often, then that doesn't mean they're active/behaving well on the 3 other platforms. It's about the big picture.
I totally agree with your statement, because some people cannot always be in a voice call, which means that people wouldn't be able to apply for the Helper application, if this suggestion would get approved, that'd be the case.

D

Deleted member 373055

I think Discord is the most overlooked platform of all Cubecrafts platforms. Things are just a bit less organised: the rules do not match with the rules mentioned on the site, staff members are playing on Hypixel with eachother, rules are unclearly, etc. I even encountered - every day - people who swear with things like cancer and using alts.

I agree however that you should look at the big picture of all platforms, but I would definitely not advise to completely ignore Discord as a recruiter. Discord is a very important platform and the ability to talk is as dangerous as it is useful and fun.

By the way, I actually did see some helpers online in the Discord calls. Take Junior for example.

Reactions: ImJunior
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Cool member appreciation moment!:D 💙
ElFlxen_ wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thanks for everything! :cubie:
ElFlxen_ wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Thanks for everything! :c
UncleSpect wrote on s4mways's profile.
thanks for the follow! 🎈
Asking... Schedule meetings... Writing questions... Recording... Editing... Rendering... Before preparations... Finished:D Redo! Asking... A system I have built up while working on the Sapphire Interviews Series!:D More videos and more info will come!
Top Bottom