Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
So today I was just curious how bedrock is going. I've always played java edition, but when I got pocket edition to occasionally play on my phone when I'm bored and I played it on PC too (I just opened my survival world on my phone to LAN). I also tried out a bit of Cubecraft just to see how the multiplayer experience was.

This experience thought me that Bedrock edition is a lot more polished in terms of being cross-platform, performance and overall basic survival, however heading towards Redstone and mob farming I noticed a ton of dumb decisions in terms of spawning and despawning conditions and Redstone mechanics. Besides, that and this part was very important, movement, inventory management and alike felt very quick and responsive just like Java edition (I could switch between the two easily, they were almost identical). Yes the PvP is different and yes, there are a few minor differences to help those using a controller or touchscreen, but when using m+kb it was close to the same.

Today I tried it again after I believe half a year of not playing Bedrock.

Is it just me or has the entire movement and mouse controls (among some minor things) been revamped? I got really frustrated with how different movement felt compared to Java edition, it was like this sluggish smoothed out experience. buttons didn't seem to instantly respond (most notable inventory and hotkeys), parkouring was almost impossible, how block placement works.
It just feels like it is a completely different game to Java with completely different controls.

Is it just me or has there been some update which changed this?

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Yes.
The bedrock edition is written from scratch so a lot of fundamental things are different from the Java version.
Redstone / knockback
It is based on the Java version in ideas but is a different game if you play it.
I mean you can just run forward and spam block have boom a bridge!

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Yes.
The bedrock edition is written from scratch so a lot of fundamental things are different from the Java version.
Redstone / knockback
It is based on the Java version in ideas but is a different game if you play it.
I mean you can just run forward and spam block have boom a bridge!

I am aware of this, but I meant did it change drastically over the past 6 months? It feels like a different game now.

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
I am aware of this, but I meant did it change drastically over the past 6 months? It feels like a different game now.
With many different updates over the last few months there have been some big changes. New blocks, items, UI changes, etc. Bedrock has some of the best performances I have ever achieved through Minecraft, getting over 1000+ FPS at times with my RTX 2070 super. On Java, I am normally getting around 500 FPS. As already mentioned, Bedrock was built from scratch, so it uses the latest updates and improvements to the software, which it has to because it has to be optimized for the latest mobile phones and even the older ones.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Stanchermist369's profile.
We should do it...
Screenbits 2024-05-29_010512.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ProGamer672's profile.
Thank you for the follow!:D
iTz1Hamood wrote on Muhh's profile.
Hi, thanks for accepting the report!
Wish you a great time ✨.
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
dont impursunate meh
Xi1m wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
IMG_2528.jpg
Top Bottom