Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
May 1, 2019
Today, there have been WAY too many hackers. Like, more than usual. So many, that EVERY GAME has someone who can fly. Is there a new hacked client that came out, or did sentinel just stop? Its made the games impossible to have fun with, because you always lose to hackers. Any reason why there is so many today?

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
Today, there have been WAY too many hackers. Like, more than usual. So many, that EVERY GAME has someone who can fly. Is there a new hacked client that came out, or did sentinel just stop? Its made the games impossible to have fun with, because you always lose to hackers. Any reason why there is so many today?

We know that Sentinel isn't perfect, and even when people are using a good client to try to exceed the limits of Sentinel, when a player can be caught using prohibited clients. However, in this case we can contribute to record and report on the reports page: https://reports.cubecraft.net/report or also using the /report in game so they can be punished and caught on time. :)

Do you play on the 1.8 or the 1.9+ version of the server because I really don't get this. A ton of people are always complaining about Sentinel including you but last night, not long before you posted this, I had been online for some time, and over the course of the time I played I saw A TON of bans reported by Sentinel and I'm not lying when I tell you that I haven't seen a single cheater all night while I played for hours. Listen up, I get accused of hacking quite often so I hope you'll understand why I sometimes question someone's ability to determine if a player is hacking or not as soon as they start complaining about seeing a hacker "EVERY GAME".

WhoLetTheJakeOut

Oct 15, 2016
Do you play on the 1.8 or the 1.9+ version of the server because I really don't get this. A ton of people are always complaining about Sentinel including you but last night, not long before you posted this, I had been online for some time, and over the course of the time I played I saw A TON of bans reported by Sentinel and I'm not lying when I tell you that I haven't seen a single cheater all night while I played for hours. Listen up, I get accused of hacking quite often so I hope you'll understand why I sometimes question someone's ability to determine if a player is hacking or not as soon as they start complaining about seeing a hacker "EVERY GAME".
I think he was playing on 1.8, since I have noticed the exact same (and especially yesterday).
There were a lot of cheaters online, but trust me: Sentinel still works! All the hackers I reported yesterday on the report site were already banned by Sentinel. (I reported 10 cheaters) So no worries :)

Reactions: CubeTale
May 1, 2019
I think he was playing on 1.8, since I have noticed the exact same (and especially yesterday).

There were a lot of cheaters online, but trust me: Sentinel still works! All the hackers I reported yesterday on the report site were already banned by Sentinel. (I reported 10 cheaters) So no worries :)
We know that Sentinel isn't perfect, and even when people are using a good client to try to exceed the limits of Sentinel, when a player can be caught using prohibited clients. However, in this case we can contribute to record and report on the reports page: https://reports.cubecraft.net/report or also using the /report in game so they can be punished and caught on time. :)
Sorry, I kind of made you all misconstrue my forum post. This isn't a way for me to complain about Sentinel. What I was wondering is why are there so many hackers on at that specific time where Sentinel couldn't even ban them all before new ones came? Did a new client release or was that all coincidence, because that was more than usual.

WhoLetTheJakeOut

Oct 15, 2016
Sorry, I kind of made you all misconstrue my forum post. This isn't a way for me to complain about Sentinel. What I was wondering is why are there so many hackers on at that specific time where Sentinel couldn't even ban them all before new ones came? Did a new client release or was that all coincidence, because that was more than usual.
Yeah, I have actually no idea why there were a lot of hackers online yesterday. I think it was coincidence, but time will tell.

Reactions: JoeProKill2000
May 1, 2019
Sentinel isn't perfect but can upgrade.
Yeah, you're right but it works really good though. All my reports were already handled by sentinel, so ye.. It still should get updated weekly/monthly.
Sentinel is really good, but it works in what I’m going to call mysterious ways. As in, you will get hacked on for a good 20 minutes, nothing will happen, and you will rage quit. Then, the second you leave, sentinel bans them. It works in banwaves so the hacker has no idea what it banned them for.

WhoLetTheJakeOut

Oct 15, 2016
Sentinel is really good, but it works in what I’m going to call mysterious ways. As in, you will get hacked on for a good 20 minutes, nothing will happen, and you will rage quit. Then, the second you leave, sentinel bans them. It works in banwaves so the hacker has no idea what it banned them for.
Any idea where I can find more information about Sentinel? I'm just curious about how it works and stuff.

May 1, 2019
Any idea where I can find more information about Sentinel? I'm just curious about how it works and stuff.
I am currently a server developer so trust me when I say I have a general idea on how it works.

A player starts hacking, sending packets to the server. When a player sends an extreme amount of these, the anticheat starts collecting data on him. The more you hack, the higher your severity is. Once you reach the highest you can go, it places you on a list. Once your on a list, it has a set time it will ban you. It will ban everyone on the list at that current time, called a banwave. This timer could be a minute, it could be two minutes, but it will ban you when the timer reaches 0. That’s why you have no idea what hack you were banned for. Depending on how long the timer is, you could be banned for something you did 10 minutes ago.

That’s how a lot of anticheats with banwaves work so it’s my guess on how Sentinel works.

Reactions: WhoLetTheJakeOut
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
cool moderator!
UncleSpect wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on privqted's profile.
Cool Youtuber!
Basketman wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom