Good suggestion?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Hi everyone, I've been thinking about guilds on Cubecraft, and it I think it could be fun. Obviously the idea of having guilds on a server is inspired by hypixel, but i never bothered with hypixel guilds because they always looked to complex, so I'm going to try to make CC guilds as simple as I can, while still being fun.

So as we all know, a guild is a group of people. For instance, you could make a guild with all of your friends. The benefits of guilds would be getting more cublets, experience, points, and loot points, along with a guild chat, and a /p guild.

Leveling up your guild -
Individual players level up by getting xp, which you can be obtained by playing games. When you win a game of eggwars, you get 250 xp, when you say gg at the end of the game you get 1 xp, etc. When you hit the next xp threshold, you level up. The same concept can be applied to guilds. Guilds will follow the same xp track for leveling up as players do. Each time you win a game of eggwars, your individual level gains 250xp, and your guild will also gain the same amount of xp. TlDR: if you gain xp, your guild will also gain the same amount of xp you gained
So if your in a party of 4 players, all of which are in the guild, and you win a game of eggwars, then boom, your guild will gain 1000xp. Now you might say: "Oh my gosh that means the guilds with more players will have an advantage because they have more players to gain xp!!!!!!!" Now yes, that's true, but just think, in the real world, larger and wealthier guilds often have more power and money, it's the same principle.

Loot -
Like I said, you get xp points when winning games. Guilds will give multipliers to all points you earn. For each level your guild has, you get a 1% multiplier to your point gain. If you earn 250xp, and your guild is level 10, you get an additional 25 xp, earning you a total of 275xp. The same multiplier will be applied to point gains, loot point gains, and your chance to get a cublet. So again with our level 10 guild, you get an extra 10% chance to get a cublet.

Side note - Extra xp you get from guild bonuses won't effect the amount of xp your guild gets. Guilds will earn the base amount of xp. So if you get 275xp with your 10% multiplier, your guild will only get 250xp points, as that's the default xp gain from winning a game of eggwars.

Guild Chat - I dont really feel this needs much explanation. You type /gc to enter your guild chat, and then everyone in the guild can see what you type. You can then type /gc again to disable it. All the same as party chat.

/p guild - This is basically a mass party invite to everyone in your guild. If you type /p guild, any1 in your guild will get a party invite from you.

Ok, so that's my idea, and how I think guilds should work. I'm expecting most people will be fine without guilds, but I think it could be fun, so I decided to suggest it anyway. Hope you like it.
Thanks.

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
I like this but there could also be a guilds system on bedrock so could u tag it all netowrks

Reactions: luv!

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi,

I really like this suggestion + the amount of detail you put into this. But I have a few things that concern me:
you get an extra 10% chance to get a cubelet.
In my opinion, this is way too much. If this gets added, guilds will continuously rank up, meaning that if a guild is let's say level 50, then there is a 50% chance of getting a cubelet.
I think your chance of getting a cubelet should not be affected by guilds and should stay how it is right now.

Guild Chat
I really like this idea to be honest, but I think the chat should be toggleable. If you're playing a game and you see your guild members actively talk, your chat gets flooded, which can be pretty annoying. So an option to completely hide the guild chat would be good.

Overall this is a great suggestion and I would like to see this in the future.

FnigePython

Sep 7, 2019
the land down under
Pronouns
She/Her
i like it, but some balancing has to be done, mostly with the loot and levelling up system as it forces people into guilds, which forcing people to do something that should be optional isn't great

Reactions: luv! and Typicaaal

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
I think it shouldnt be like the guilds on Hypixel. But I like the idea and I am sure the staff can come up with a original similar idea!

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
I like this idea! But only with some changes, I don't like the idea that you get more xp and cubelets when being in a guild, that would in my opinion be very unfair and very op for certain players.
Other than that I like it, just a way to team up with your friends other than just in parties, would be a cool addition :).

Reactions: luv! and Typicaaal

ItsSennee

Jul 1, 2020
Hello
This is an AWESOME idea, I hope maybe ever this can come true!
Have a good day! 💎

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
i like it, but some balancing has to be done, mostly with the loot and levelling up system as it forces people into guilds, which forcing people to do something that should be optional isn't great
No, you arent required to be in a guild. You would get extra experience and stuff for being in a guild tho. There would need to be some reason to join a guild, otherwise people wouldnt join them, and they would be pointless.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I really like the idea of having this system implemented on Cubecraft. One thing that bothers me though, is that the way you described it is completely copied from another server. Maybe with some refreshing changes, which makes the system stand out and different than it is on other servers, it could be added. Simply copying things from other servers is not what Cubecraft should be doing.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I really like the idea of having this system implemented on Cubecraft. One thing that bothers me though, is that the way you described it is completely copied from another server. Maybe with some refreshing changes, which makes the system stand out and different than it is on other servers, it could be added. Simply copying things from other servers is not what Cubecraft should be doing.
Copied from hypixel im assuming? I know nothing about hypixel guilds, and i wasnt intentionally copying it.

Reactions: luv! and Maaarijn

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Copied from hypixel im assuming? I know nothing about hypixel guilds, and i wasnt intentionally copying it.
Not sure as I don't really play on other servers, but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere. Could be that it was not intended, I'm not blaming you, but in this way it would be pretty much copied which I won't like.

Reactions: luv! and 404Owl
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom