• Yeah man!

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No Dad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jul 19, 2016
Taiwan
Hey guys.
So I played Tower Defence since it came out, and I win about 60% of the games, so I decided to give everyone a guide and strategy that I am using.
Hope you guys like it!

<Main Strategy>
Let everyone pick their "Kits" first.
There are 2 types of "Kits" in my opinion: Tower Builder and Troop Spawner.

<Kits>

{Tower Builder}
2-4 Players are recommended for a 6 vs 6 game.
This is the most important in Tower Defence games.
This is the kit who mainly build/upgrade towers, so if someone have lots of purchasable towers, let him/her be it.
First, build an ice tower and a mage tower next to each other (Make sure it is well-placed. Upgrade them if you can).
Then, get a lot of EXP by sending lots of zombies/cave spiders to upgrade the goldmine while building towers if you have spare gold.
After you have 25 gold per second, get 200 more EXP to unlock the freezing AOE.
Buy and use it when something big arrives.

{Troop Spawner}
1-3 Player(s) are recommended for a 6 vs 6 game.
This is the kit who spawns lots of troops and demolishes enemy's base.
Spawn zombies to get exp until you get 15 gold per second.
Next, try get lots of EXP by sending zombies or cave spiders.
Finally, when you get 25 or 50 gold per second, save up for 1-3 giant(s).
If they still don't have archers/turrets, spawn some blazes.
I suggest that you unlock Zombie, Blaze, and Giant.

<Building Tips>
These were at the Tower Builder Kit's information, but these should be tips.

First, I need to say 3 new players' mistakes.
Nr. 1: Build towers with no pattern at all.
If you build towers with no pattern at all, you will end up with LOTS of spaces and your teammates can't build many towers.
Pro players find them really annoying.
I suggest that choose the map "Demons" for your first game. It has indicators, so if you're building, just build on that square.
Nr. 2: Build Ice/Mage/Poison/Quake towers next/close to each other.
When I say Ice/Mage/Poison/Quake towers, I mean 2 of the same kind.
Because they don't stack AOEs, putting them next to each other only let the effect last 1 second longer or so.
I suggest leave 15 blocks between the two towers.

Nr. 3: Doesn't send troops every 15 seconds and not upgrading their gold mines as soon as possible.
Woah.
That is a really big issue.
Even you don't have 120 coins, please send zombies.
Upgrade the gold mine ASAP till 25 or 50 CPS because if you don't, you will lose LOTS of coins.
If you don't have money, how are you gonna build towers or send strong troops?

{Early Game} 0:00 - 5:00, 5-15 CPS (Coins per second)
Build an ice tower and a mage tower next to each other at both the troops' spawn point and the castle.
Next, build mainly artillery towers and a few mage/ice/quake towers and UPGRADE IT.
This tip is really important because level 1 towers doesn't do much (Especially artilleries).

{Mid Game} 5:00 - Armageddon Starts, 15-50 CPS
You can place 1-10 sorcerers, 1-3 necromancers, 1-2 poisons, and 20-30 archers for good defense (This is the recommended numbers for a 6v6 game).
But remember, DON'T PLACE ZEUS TOWERS OR LEECH TOWERS because they don't do much.
Always get some artilleries and ice-mage combos.

{Late Game} Armageddon Starts - Game End, 25-50 CPS
Save up your gold just in case.
If a giant is coming, build and upgrade zeus and/or leech towers.
Focus on AOE potions rather than building lots of towers.

{Scenario}

A=Archer I=Ice T=Artillery M=Mage P=Poison S=Sorcerer Z=Zeus N=Necromancer Q=Quake
~=Path [=Spawn ]=Castle
TTTTTTTTTTTT
[~~~~~~~~~~~T
TTTTIMTTTT~Q
AAAAAAAAA~A
A~~~~~~~~~~A
M~ISSSSSSSS
Z~ZZZSSSSSS

Z~~~~~~~~~~N
MIPQAAAAA~N
]~~~~~~~~~~~N
TTTTTTNNNNN

This is long, but if you manage to read it all, you will be a TD master!

- Edit #1 at 15/1/17
* Supporter is removed thanks to @hyperBravo for the opinions!
* Added Building Tips
* One more new players' mistake
- Edit #2 at 30/1/17
* Added Scenario
* Corrected some grammar mistakes
* Some tweaks

Last edited:
Reactions: Iggleboz

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Not a good idea to send creepers or mites mid-way. If you do that, they'll respond rapidly by building a lot of archers or TNT on the spot. Also, that means if you decide to send in blazes at Armageddon, then your offense will be significantly weaker since they've already responded to the first air wave.

Your play is much safer if you send zombies only for XP. Against beginners or some intermediate players, cave spiders work after 15 gold per second (CPS, coins per second). Against good or pro players, zombies only.

You don't need 1 TNT tower at the start for your defense -- just a well-placed mage tower will do.

As for supporter: 1 player doing pots only means your defense and offense will be weaker. Generally most players commit to one and only one role. Offense will usually have pots ready to support their waves and defense will have its pots to delay the incoming attacks.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Creepers cannot be healed by towers but can be healed by their natural regen, regen pots, and witch support. Leeches and zeus will damage them, but you're better off with TNT towers.

I still like how you helped new players out. Good job on that.

There is another mistake a lot of new players make: not sending mobs every 15 seconds and not upgrading the gold mine asap. Most of the time, players will miss spawns, lowering their XP/min rate. This is very important as not only does the lost time adds up but it also means you get fewer coins in the end (and I mean thousands of coins lost from this) and all your timings will be messed up.

EDIT: forgot this. For mages/ice/quake/poison, space them out 27-30 (9-10 3x3 tower slots) apart to maximize the duration and damage of their effects. This is because most of them have a maximum range of 15 blocks at level 4 (quake has a max range of 12 at level 4).

Last edited:

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
Hey guys.
So I played Tower Defence since it came out, and I win about 60% of the games, so I decided to give everyone a guide and strategy that I am using.
Hope you guys like it!

<Main Strategy>
Let everyone pick their "Kits" first.
There are 2 types of "Kits" in my opinion: Tower Builder and Troop Spawner.

<Kits>

{Tower Builder}
2-4 Players are recommended for a 6 vs 6 game.
This is the most important in Tower Defence games.
This is the kit who mainly build/upgrade towers, so if someone have lots of purchasable towers, let him/her be it.
First, build an artillery tower and upgrade it or an ice tower and a mage tower next to each other.
Then, get a lot of EXP by sending lots of zombies/cave spiders to upgrade the goldmine while building towers (mainly artillery towers) if you have spare gold.
After you have 25 gold per second, get 200 more EXP to unlock the freezing AOE.
Buy and use it when something big arrives.

{Troop Spawner}
1-3 Player(s) are recommended for a 6 vs 6 game.
This is the kit who spawns lots of troops and demolishes enemy's base.
Spawn zombies to get exp until you get 15 gold per second.
Then, send creepers/endermites depending on enemy's base has archers/turrets or not.
Next, try get lots of EXP, but every 5-10 waves, send creepers/endermites.
Finally, when you get 25 or 50 gold per second, save up for 1-3 giant(s).
If they still don't have archers/turrets, spawn some blazes.
I suggest that you unlock Zombie, Creeper, Endermite, Blaze, and Giant.

<Building Tips>
These were at the Tower Builder Kit's information, but these should be tips.

First, I need to say 3 new players' mistakes.
Nr. 1: Build towers with no pattern at all.
If you build towers with no pattern at all, you will end up with LOTS of spaces and your teammates can't build many towers at all.
Pro players find them really annoying.
I suggest that choose the map "Demons" for your first game. It has indicators, so if you're building, just build on that square.
Nr. 2: Build Ice/Mage/Poison/Quake towers next/close to each other.
When I say Ice/Mage/Poison/Quake towers, I mean 2 of the same kind.
Because they don't stack AOEs, putting them next to each other only let the effect last 1 second longer or so.
I suggest leave 15 blocks between the two towers.

Nr. 3: Doesn't send troops every 15 seconds and not upgrading their gold mines as soon as possible.
Woah.
That is a really big issue.
Even you don't have 120 coins, please send zombies.
Upgrade the gold mine ASAP till 25 or 50 CPS because if you don't, you will lose LOTS of coins.
If you don't have money, how are you gonna build towers or send strong troops?

{Early Game} 0:00 - 5:00, 5-15 CPS (Coins per second)
Build an ice tower and a mage tower next to each other at both the troops' spawn point and the castle.
Next, build mainly artillery towers and a few mage/ice/quake towers and UPGRADE IT.
This tip is really important because level 1 towers doesn't do much. (Especially artilleries)

{Mid Game} 5:00 - Armageddon Starts, 15-50 CPS
You can place 1-10 sorcerers, 1-3 necromancers, 1-2 poisons, and 20-30 archers for good defense. (This is the recommended numbers for a 6v6 game)
But remember, DON'T PLACE ZEUS TOWERS OR LEECH TOWERS because they don't do much.
Always get some artilleries and ice-mage combos.

{Late Game} Armageddon Starts - Game End, 25-50 CPS
Save up your gold just in case.
If a giant is coming, build and upgrade zeus and/or leech towers.
Focus on AOE potions rather than building lots of towers.

This is long, but if you manage to read it all, you will be a TD master!

- Edit #1 at 15/1/17
* Supporter is removed thanks to @hyperBravo for the opinions!
* Added Building tips.
* One more new players' mistake
Great guide! I think this will help a lot of new players!

Jan 16, 2017
With stackers spamming towers and placing as wacky as the grandmother next door and others not votekicking there's no way serious players will stick around a game like this. But I'm sure with more real players getting on this will be taken more seriously. The problem is I can't seem to meet any. It's CRAZY how many stackers play.

MidnightMailman

Oct 19, 2016
Think Tank
www.youtube.com
With stackers spamming towers and placing as wacky as the grandmother next door and others not votekicking there's no way serious players will stick around a game like this. But I'm sure with more real players getting on this will be taken more seriously. The problem is I can't seem to meet any. It's CRAZY how many stackers play.
real players are around, they may just be hard to find, and most of the real players play with friends. Sometimes you will randomly run into a player that is phenomenal, but those cases are rare. Otherwise, my guides would not have been able to been written. Generally, leaderboard players are good, but they can be difficult to find. I have seen all of them, just by the vast amount of games I have played.

Jul 19, 2016
Taiwan
Hey guys.
After playing with some pro TD players (I forgot who though), I'd like to edit this post! Hope you like it!

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Hey guys.
After playing with some pro TD players (I forgot who though), I'd like to edit this post! Hope you like it!
Some will delay the opponents' gold mines by putting the mage near the castle instead of putting it at spawn (and/or at spawn and castle). This delays timings by about a minute (big difference start to middle of the game) because they won't be able to get XP right away.

Reactions: ronniewhy
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom