Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is America the greatest country in the world?

• Yes

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 77.8%

• Total voters
Jul 1, 2017
The Moon
Hi,

When a reporter captures a hacker that has already been banned, their report should be partially successful, and not completely unsuccessful. This would differentiate reports that were completely denied for not capturing a hacker at all, and give partial credit to reporters/members on the server/website. Hacker reporting should be rewarded on this server, and not stonewalled. Wondering: I wonder if the corporate climate could be changed enough to survive the new economic model: come to cubecraft for the best hacker free minecraft experience on the net!

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
I do see where you are coming from, and I do see the Pros. Though, I do not agree with it. Giving rewards to people in game could be somewhat biased. Some people can not record on their computer for numerous of reasons. Also, doing this could result in people bragging, resulting in more arguments.

Now if you are referring to reports getting Closed when someone else has already reported them, I completely agree. I think that reports should say Already Handled, Reported Already, etc.​

Your wording in this thread is somewhat confusing so I am sorry if I did not get the point in one of these paragraphs.

Reactions: Jollier123

ToastO_O

Sep 7, 2016
Egypt
Hi,

When a reporter captures a hacker that has already been banned, their report should be partially successful, and not completely unsuccessful. This would differentiate reports that were completely denied for not capturing a hacker at all, and give partial credit to reporters/members on the server/website. Hacker reporting should be rewarded on this server, and not stonewalled. Wondering: I wonder if the corporate climate could be changed enough to survive the new economic model: come to cubecraft for the best hacker free minecraft experience on the net!
Yeah I Think About 10 of my reports are closed cause of that and the other 11 reports are handeled i guess that will be great!

Rob_the_Giraffe

Novice Member
Mar 2, 2017
https://reports.cubecraft.net/report
I don't agree with this. The reason I disagree is a staff member will give you a reason why the player wasn't banned. If the staff member says the user was already punished or punished via another report the report won't hurt the way you percieve hackers. This is also a hassle on the staff team as they have to put a different thing for this type of report. I believe that it is disheartening to get a closed report but it is easier on the staff team to just close the report

Reactions: SweatyPancakes_

Jollier123

Jul 9, 2017
I agree with the idea of having reports that are closed due to the fact that someone else has already reported them should be labeled as already handled but not really with the idea of a reward system since it should be enough incentive already to just help the server + with what chilly tree said about the topic.

Jollier123

Jul 9, 2017
although tbh already handled wouldn't really make a difference since mods already tell you that it was already banned and you could just take any player that was already banned and report them. Another things is it would make the the mods job a lot harder if they had to go through multiple reports on one player instead of just finding one with sufficient evidence and then telling the rest that the character was already reported
That's actually a -1 for me

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
I agree with changing the Closed to like Already Handled as some has said... I hate it when I see that my report got closed because somebody else reported.
Also it is completely annoying when a mute report is denied because the player is already being punished, Mods should take a li'l more time to see for how much time is the player muted and if it deserves like perm or more time mute.

Agree 100%
Hope one day they change it, doubt it tho T-T
+1

Jollier123

Jul 9, 2017
If a hacker or spammwr is reported multiple times for one "crime" they should not be punished based on how many times they were reportedly they should be punished based on how many times they've committed that "crime" such as longer sentences for multiple offences

Reactions: Starfishunter

Starfishunter

Jul 15, 2017
I disagree because people would be reporting random people even if there not hacking just to get some rewards.

Jollier123

Jul 9, 2017
I agree there shouldn't be rewards but - starfish hunter I don't think they could pick random people since they have to insert evidence

Reactions: Starfishunter

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
The point of reporting rule breakers is to make the server better, it isn't a competition to see who has the most "handled" reports on their page. If you report someone and they end up being already banned, it isn't like the server is hurt by your report being marked closed :L

Reactions: Jollier123

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Hacker reporting should be rewarded on this server, and not stonewalled. Wondering: I wonder if the corporate climate could be changed enough to survive the new economic model: come to cubecraft for the best hacker free minecraft experience on the net!
No
I do think that not saying closed and instead saying Already handled, is useful as I did in Deeds's suggestion but you shouldn't get experience for doing something to make your own time on the server better along with others is the feeling of knowing that you've made someone's game better by reporting a hacker that could have joined the game

P.S. why on Earth does the poll ask: Is America the greatest country in the world, WHY?

Jul 1, 2017
The Moon
I do see where you are coming from, and I do see the Pros. Though, I do not agree with it. Giving rewards to people in game could be somewhat biased. Some people can not record on their computer for numerous of reasons. Also, doing this could result in people bragging, resulting in more arguments.

Now if you are referring to reports getting Closed when someone else has already reported them, I completely agree. I think that reports should say Already Handled, Reported Already, etc.​

Your wording in this thread is somewhat confusing so I am sorry if I did not get the point in one of these paragraphs.

If we are not supposed to be video record how are any hackers going to be caught? Don't put the security of cubecraft's server integrity at the mercy of political correctness. This is a freaking minecraft server, not an instrument for political posturing. Keep the games clean and free of dirty hackers I say!

And when I talk about rewards I am very nuanced to the idea. Offering reporter badges next to their names on the website, which when you think about it doesn't cost the server money, but would set cubecraft apart from a majority of minecraft servers as really caring about making sure they are seeking the public's help in defeating hackers!

I caught video of a mod, and hacker in a reported video I made recently. I was told that my report was unsuccessful, and it's weird because I thought the idea was to report hackers? I report a hacker, and told I'm unsuccessful? I thought hackers were the ones committing a foul, yet reporters seem to be treated like we are in the wrong for not being the first to report.

Yes, you may have caught video of a known hacker, but since someone beat you to the reporting, your report was denied because we cannot double ban someone.
(sarcasm)

Jul 1, 2017
The Moon
I don't agree with this. The reason I disagree is a staff member will give you a reason why the player wasn't banned. If the staff member says the user was already punished or punished via another report the report won't hurt the way you percieve hackers. This is also a hassle on the staff team as they have to put a different thing for this type of report. I believe that it is disheartening to get a closed report but it is easier on the staff team to just close the report

If a staff member gives a reporter an explanation they should at least thank the reporter as well for following the rules by reporting hackers. Remember, without players, servers lose. Most players do not hack, and are discouraged from playing on certain servers because of hacking infestations. We all have a moral responsibility to report hackers abusing fair play. What two hackers choose to do between themselves is their business, but playing with hacks on a public server with people that do not hack is the worst. I hope everyone does (server, players) what they can to undo this injustice. And return a real sense of enjoyment from cubecraft pvp oriented games.

Thanks for your input.

Jul 1, 2017
The Moon

Thank you for your tremendous reporting work by the way Mr. Giraffe. The most I have seen.

Reactions: Rob_the_Giraffe
Jul 1, 2017
The Moon
If you were to credit someone for making a report & the player was already punished, we'd be assuming your report was correct.
If we always gave you credit, you'd think your reports were correct anyways.
I don't think it should be counted to the handled punishments count.

I am not sure if you are correctly understanding the post.

Firstly, I said partial credit, as in acknowledgement of the work it takes to file a report (from beginning to end), and giving reporters partial credit would send a message to hackers that the server is getting creative at finding, BANNING hackers. If you do not hack than you have nothing to be concerned about. Play on.

Also, I said partial credit for reporting already BANNED players, so that means they are all 100% correctly reported that fall within this class of reports. Already handled sounds at least set apart from denied reports that do not accurately report hacking.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
USA! USA! USA! USA!
Me- USSR! USSR! USSR!
Please stay up to the topic please.
Hi,

I'm confused.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on marijuli2004's profile.
Thank you for the follow ❤️
Reesle wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉✨
Reesle wrote on human being's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈 🧁
… and congrats on 450 messages!