Do you agree?

• Yes: Please explain in comments.

• Somewhat: Please explain in comments.

• I want to add an idea.

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 169486

I don't see why people think ghosting is okay. If there is a team of 4 in eggwars and a team of 1 then someone who is eliminated can tell the team of 4 where that one person is and get them killed

Reactions: Thaus

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
if i remember right Ghosting used to not be allowed or might still be against the rules although i find that if your in a skype call or a TS with someone and you die and their alive you can help them out considering your not telling the person in the chat or through message

maxminoS

Sep 21, 2016
Well the way you're putting it in an analogy is very convincing but really, it could apply to anything, such as everyone has access to the internet, to walk on the streets or to shop on the market. But not everyone are hackers, burglars, or whatever.

It is only unfair if your team immediately leaves when you die. So it basically depends on how good a team you are, which is why I disagree that it i

BABY_CLOROX

Jun 11, 2016
The way The Nexus worked was if you died you can only talk to other players that were dead and not to anyone that was alive which worked out really well. I do think it is a good idea however there is always skype and teamspeak. usually people playing in a game that dont leave after they die are with a group of people and are most likley chatting using something else other then in game chat. Your idea would only work assuming people dont use other ways to talk to each other

zNarwhal

Jul 6, 2016
Yeh... I prefer to ask my team where the last steve is, rather than spending the next 10 mins searching for 'em

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
I understand that ghosting is bad, it can be annoying that people can be told where others are, and i admit that it gives some players an advantage over others. I Think it is a good idea, but there is not enough demand for it yet. I openly admit that if/when i die, and im playing with friends over skype, ill warn them if someone is coming. But at the end of the day, just keep your guard up and enjoy the game :-D

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
In games that require survival like team eggwars, ghosting would make things very unfair. Here is an explanation of what ghosting is and what I think should be done.

What is ghosting?

Ghosting is when the eliminated teamate stays as a spectator and helps the team/person know where things are such as an incoming player giving them an unfair advantage.

What could be done?

In my opinion, there are 3 things that could be done.

1st: Allow the players to chat for up to 1 minute and then mute them. Disable all message commands.

2nd: Make a sperate chat for eliminated players so they can only talk to eliminated players. All of the people that haven't been eliminated can chat normally.

3rd: Leave the chat system alone and trust people to warn them/report them.

Possible Punishments:

#1: 4 hour mute, 1 day mute, 1 week mute, 4 months mute, 1 year mute, then perm mute

#2: Just mute for like a day every time

#3: 1 day, 1 month, 1 year, perm

Tell me which one you think is best and your opinons please!
Ghosting isn't something you can ban, There's plenty of programs that allow contact, such as Skype, TS3 and Discord.
The unfair advantage is fine, if you know how to strategize against it. For instance:
-Hide items that you don't want them to see
-Go for an opening you KNOW you can get past
-Just anticipate the ghosting and be ready for anything, considering the other person might know what you have on you
-Get a ghosting teammate yourself! it doesn't matter.

Ghosting can't be gotten rid of since there's no way of proving it. You're never sure if someone is doing it or not and therefor cannot be punished.

It's like accusing someone for bow-aimbot. There will never be a way to prove it.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
As people said previously, Ghosting is not only a strategy but also not evitable if used via Skype/Discord (Sorry TS3 I hate you)
Also consider that if someone's ghosting in eggwars they don't have an egg.
It can't be punished, it doesn't affect gameplay in a BAD way (it does affect it tho)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom