Should this feature get added?

• No, please explain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
This simple suggestion is to make it possible to get an alert if someone edits a thread that you’re watching. You should be able to enable / disable it in your alert preferences. This could be useful so you don’t miss any important edits or if you just want to know if any threads are updated.

LuxGlez

🎥 Content Creator
🤝 Partner 💜
Feb 2, 2016
México
This simple suggestion is to make it possible to get an alert if someone edits a thread that you’re watching. You should be able to enable / disable it in your alert preferences. This could be useful so you don’t miss any important edits or if you just want to know if any threads are updated.

Totally agree.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
What's that supposed to mean?
It means you can easily press ''like'' or vote on ''agree'' if you.. ya know.. like or agree with the suggestion? There isn't an exception. New member? Like it. Known member? Like it. YouTuber? Like it. Moderator? Like it. Management? Like it. Queen of England? Like it. It's not that hard to like a message. Saying ''Totally agree'' is just useless.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It means you can easily press ''like'' or vote on ''agree'' if you.. ya know.. like or agree with the suggestion? There isn't an exception. New member? Like it. Known member? Like it. YouTuber? Like it. Moderator? Like it. Management? Like it. Queen of England? Like it. It's not that hard to like a message. Saying ''Totally agree'' is just useless.

I still don't see the problem. If you want to say something you can say something. If he agrees he can share that there is nothing wrong with that lmao. Exception? What are you on about lmao? They aren't limited to just liking it. If that's your logic why even allow commenting at all if you can just "like it" and "vote"

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I still don't see the problem. If you want to say something you can say something. If he agrees he can share that there is nothing wrong with that lmao. Exception? What are you on about lmao? They aren't limited to just liking it. If that's your logic why even allow commenting at all if you can just "like it" and "vote"
You're right: there's nothing wrong with sharing that you agree with something. But there's a poll and a like button for a reason: to share you agree with something.
Saying ''Oh well then why not remove commenting'' is literally the dumbest thing because saying ''Yea! This is an amazing idea, I'd love to see this, but I think this and this should change.'' gives criticism, you can share what you think is and isn't good. Purely saying ''Totally agree!'' doesn't give any information that would help the thread writer. This could be considered message farming as well, not sure tho.

But if these typ of messages are allowed, then why not remove the like and polls? It doesn't matter if people spam ''I agree!'' anyway, so why not remove those two options? Imagine if a thread gets a lot of support by the community, and they would all spam ''Totally agree!''. Then there would be 50 messages purely of people saying ''I agree!''
How is that alright in your eyes?

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
You're right: there's nothing wrong with sharing that you agree with something. But there's a poll and a like button for a reason: to share you agree with something.
Saying ''Oh well then why not remove commenting'' is literally the dumbest thing because saying ''Yea! This is an amazing idea, I'd love to see this, but I think this and this should change.'' gives criticism, you can share what you think is and isn't good. Purely saying ''Totally agree!'' doesn't give any information that would help the thread writer. This could be considered message farming as well, not sure tho.

But if these typ of messages are allowed, then why not remove the like and polls? It doesn't matter if people spam ''I agree!'' anyway, so why not remove those two options? Imagine if a thread gets a lot of support by the community, and they would all spam ''Totally agree!''. Then there would be 50 messages purely of people saying ''I agree!''

I'm not going to bother arguing with someone like you here because it's off-topic and I can never win with someone like you. If you want to continue this discussion take it outside.

Anyways, I agree with this suggestion and I would like to see it! +1 :)

LuxGlez

🎥 Content Creator
🤝 Partner 💜
Feb 2, 2016
México

I understand your opinion, but in this occasion there is freedom of expression, within the terms of course, I simply wanted to comment in support of the proposal, I do not see the problem, if it bothers you ignore it or report it if you consider it inappropriate, good afternoon!

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
There's a difference between liking something and totally agreeing with something.
If you like something, and you have nothing to add or to express, like it. If you feel like expressing something, you can also comment.
I think you take the "message farming rule" way too serious. There's a difference between "+1" and "Totally agree". He didn't just like it, he also totally agreed with it.

Herrero

Mar 4, 2017
Purely saying ''Totally agree!'' doesn't give any information that would help the thread writer. This could be considered message farming as well, not sure tho.

Well, it gives more information than your messages about the topic of the thread and it helps giving the thread more support than just voting yes. In my view, threads with many comments look like they are supported by many people, even if they all say "I agree". Probably you have a different view point about this.

Btw I think it's a great idea. Especially, the enable/disable idea as people who don't wanna have many alerts wouldn't be bothered.

Reactions: Fisktratt

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I understand your opinion, but in this occasion there is freedom of expression, within the terms of course, I simply wanted to comment in support of the proposal, I do not see the problem, if it bothers you ignore it or report it if you consider it inappropriate, good afternoon!
You can share your share you support.. via.. the poll..

There's a difference between liking something and totally agreeing with something.
If you like something, and you have nothing to add or to express, like it. If you feel like expressing something, you can also comment.
I think you take the "message farming rule" way too serious. There's a difference between "+1" and "Totally agree". He didn't just like it, he also totally agreed with it.
If you don't agree with something, at all, you can leave a comment explaining why.
If you like the idea, but you think a small part needs to change, you leave a comment explaining why.
If you like everything about the idea, you vote that you agree and leave a like.. You then ''totally agree'' with the suggestion.
Saying ''Totally agree'' is pointless, because my voting/liking you already show you agree with the suggestion. Not leaving a comment explaining what you think needs to change shows that you don't think there's anything that needs change, aka, you totally agree with it.

Imagine if a new member would've said ''totally agree''.. would y'all still defend him? Or is it just because the person has a fancy shiny rank?

----------
To get more on topic:
- Do you get a notification if it's a very very minor change, such as a simple grammar fix?

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Top Bottom