Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Have you ever gone and done like 20 duels in a row? I have.
Have you ever been annoyed by the "Generating arena"? I know I have. Especially in maps with unnecessarily tall walls.
There's something we can do to reduce the amount of time waited, though.
In maps like these:
upload_2017-2-28_18-10-1.png

It always takes a minute or so before it finishes loading. Why? because of the walls that are THAT tall for no real reason.
What I suggest, is to edit these maps with the tall & unnecessary objects & make it shorter so the waiting time is reduced.
This is an "issue" just because some players are impatient and end up leaving the game:
upload_2017-2-28_18-11-44.png

It's not a suggestion that NEEDS to happen anytime soon, but maybe keep this in mind when doing another PVP update.

TL;DR
Shorten some of the maps in duels (Because of unnecessarily tall walls, towers, pillars, etc. it takes a while when you're sitting with "Generating arena...")

Last edited:

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
I don't think its a case of the higher walls causing the maps to generate slower because I've played over 4k duels and sometimes they generate slow and sometimes they're already generated.
I don't understand how each map is allocated to a server so I can't really give an explanation on why it happens sometimes.

A fix would be good though, as a lot of people can't be bothered waiting and just end up leaving.

Sannne

Apr 18, 2016
last week i was waiting like 2 min, then finally the coutdown started, yay.

* opponent left the game *

._.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Why do maps have to slowly generate in the first place?
I can imagine if you have to create the specific block schematic in every single world in the lobby server, but does it need to be so gradually slow?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Why do maps have to slowly generate in the first place?
I can imagine if you have to create the specific block schematic in every single world in the lobby server, but does it need to be so gradually slow?
The only reason I can see for this, is the server being generated right as you start the match, unlike other game lobbies where you can join it after everything has loaded in.
Probably incorrect, but it makes sense to me.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
The only reason I can see for this, is the server being generated right as you start the match, unlike other game lobbies where you can join it after everything has loaded in.
Probably incorrect, but it makes sense to me.
Couldn't the lobbies be pre-generated?
Whenever a universal lobby restarts, as I know, all its contents are restarted to be used for the next minigame in the queue.
It has to place the lobby/map schematic in. That can be done fast but when done too frequently in a large area it can potentially lag the lobby. So basically, that's where slow generation comes in. The blocks aren't just instantly placed, preventing an overflow of block placement instructons.

I mean, that's how people used to do it when I used to play like, in 1.4.7 and stuff ,_,
But Cube, again, uses universal separate lobby servers... They're not synced with one another...
I am not that experienced with servers aight ,_,
That is, unless, there's multiple generations in one lobby.
INVESTIGATIVE PINGY TIME

EDIT: Found out why it has to slowly gen.
As I expected, there are multiple PvP duels in a single lobby at the same time, in my case, there were four.
This means, if big maps are generated at the same time too frequently, they could crash the entire lobby and all duels with it.
2017-03-02_23.50.28.png

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Couldn't the lobbies be pre-generated?
Whenever a universal lobby restarts, as I know, all its contents are restarted to be used for the next minigame in the queue.
It has to place the lobby/map schematic in. That can be done fast but when done too frequently in a large area it can potentially lag the lobby. So basically, that's where slow generation comes in. The blocks aren't just instantly placed, preventing an overflow of block placement instructons.

I mean, that's how people used to do it when I used to play like, in 1.4.7 and stuff ,_,
But Cube, again, uses universal separate lobby servers... They're not synced with one another...
I am not that experienced with servers aight ,_,
That is, unless, there's multiple generations in one lobby.
INVESTIGATIVE PINGY TIME

EDIT: Found out why it has to slowly gen.
As I expected, there are multiple PvP duels in a single lobby at the same time, in my case, there were four.
This means, if big maps are generated at the same time too frequently, they could crash the entire lobby and all duels with it.
Nice finding out, but still, why don't they show up on tab then?

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
I FOUND
Nice finding out, but still, why don't they show up on tab then?
It's probably a server-sided thing, it's the same system that Blockband uses to have different people playing songs at the same time, and using a single lobby, without showing other players or their names in tab.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
I would like to see this in the next PvP update!
Im always annoyed of waiting that long, I think it just needs to be removed. :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Uhh I might be the cause of this but, it spells W so 🤔
Thanks @AnolTongi for the image
1714853932931.png
Top Bottom