Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

99th_DutchNubnub

Feb 8, 2020
nubbieland
Hello dear Cubecrafters,

I have a plus rank for a month and enjoy it every day, I fly through the lobby with my elytra and my compass. But when I go to a game and then come back to the lobby my compass (my gadget) is no longer in my hotbar. I would like to see having your last used gadget in your hotbar by default.

I would also like there to be a button with which you can lock the gadget: you can choose whether you want a gadget in your hotbar by default or not.
That should be the same button as: "randomise"
The button is green: your gadget is locked
The button is red: your gadget is not locked

Have a nice day, Nubnub

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey 99th_DutchNubNub, thanks for the suggestion.

We like this idea a lot, however there are some changes we have to make and I'll explain why.

Currently gadgets can be quite laggy if used together in great quantities, if we move selected gadgets to the hotbar for all users then gadgets will be used incredibly frequently compared to previously, this includes people coming out of games, using a gadget then going into their next game, just because they can.

There are two solutions to this issue:
  1. Restrict the selected gadget feature to Plus users only. OR
  2. Have gadgets start their cooldown when you join a lobby.
If we were to go with number two, we feel as though this reduces the purpose of the gadget being in the hotbar. However with number one we could keep it fully usable even after you join a lobby straight away. So we think this is the one we will go for.

We also won't implement the randomize feature as we feel as though it doesn't really have a use since gadgets are generally used in specific circumstances and so as a feature it's a bit obsolete. It will also add further dev time to this which will cause issues with us finding time to do it. Hope you understand!

~ Marked as planned. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom