Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I personally would prefer a townie survival to be added first. Freebuild is not the most popular at all from what I have seen, and while it would be nice to have more blocks and options, I highly doubt there will be any real affect on popularity.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I personally would prefer a townie survival to be added first. Freebuild is not the most popular at all from what I have seen, and while it would be nice to have more blocks and options, I highly doubt there will be any real affect on popularity.
I think a big reason why it's not popular is that it was outdated from the very beginning. I remember trying it out when it was new and I left when I noticed it didn't have magma blocks.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I think a big reason why it's not popular is that it was outdated from the very beginning. I remember trying it out when it was new and I left when I noticed it didn't have magma blocks.
It also may be part of how it was implemented. Having separated plots was not the best decision in my opinion. I enjoy being able to fly around and look at what others are building and seeing giant pixel art creations. But you have to teleport to everyone’s place. I do have a few ideas how to make it more entertaining such as adding in staff hosted competitions. If we could have game admins who are able to give rewards, we could have competitions with rewards for people who build the best builds. Maybe even special seasonal things like making giant sand castles as a theme and the reward is a rank upgrade (like giant 1000x1000 plot to work with or something). Feels too pushed off to the side and left alone right now.

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
Having separated plots was not the best decision in my opinion. I enjoy being able to fly around and look at what others are building and seeing giant pixel art creations. But you have to teleport to everyone’s place.
Couldn't agree more with this. To me it just feels too empty. Even if there were lots of players and the chat was alive, I think it'd still feel empty simply because there's just void around you. Also yeah being able to fly around and see other people's stuff is fun and something you can do when you're too bored to do anything and just chat while flying around.
Only problem with connecting plots I guess is the expansion system that there is but I feel that's an easy fix.

Reactions: Lilleh__

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Couldn't agree more with this. To me it just feels too empty. Even if there were lots of players and the chat was alive, I think it'd still feel empty simply because there's just void around you. Also yeah being able to fly around and see other people's stuff is fun and something you can do when you're too bored to do anything and just chat while flying around.
Only problem with connecting plots I guess is the expansion system that there is but I feel that's an easy fix.
I think we could just do away with the expansion system entirely. A better idea could be having the same way to purchase addition plot spots, and then have different sized plots you could claim. Or even a way to merge adjacent plots together to form bigger ones (would remove the path in between them)

Reactions: Lilleh__

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
It also may be part of how it was implemented. Having separated plots was not the best decision in my opinion. I enjoy being able to fly around and look at what others are building and seeing giant pixel art creations. But you have to teleport to everyone’s place. I do have a few ideas how to make it more entertaining such as adding in staff hosted competitions. If we could have game admins who are able to give rewards, we could have competitions with rewards for people who build the best builds. Maybe even special seasonal things like making giant sand castles as a theme and the reward is a rank upgrade (like giant 1000x1000 plot to work with or something). Feels too pushed off to the side and left alone right now.
hmmm... interesting

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
I think we could just do away with the expansion system entirely. A better idea could be having the same way to purchase addition plot spots, and then have different sized plots you could claim. Or even a way to merge adjacent plots together to form bigger ones (would remove the path in between them)
Yeah haha my "easy fix" wouldve been to do away with it entirely :P
The merging of adjacent plots would be a problem if every plot around you is claimed already, and maybe others wouldn't be too happy with being moved due to someone wanting to expand.
In my opinion it could be something like having a large area consisting of 50x50 plots which are available to be claimed by all players (automatic claiming system could make it to have people start out next to each other so if the player base remains small at first they'll still have company). You would then have an area with 60x60 plots available to iron players, and so on, increasing plot size on each rank. This way you can always add more 50x50 plots for example, if theyre all taken. And I say you'd have areas just so everyone shares the same chat, but if theres a way to connect chat on different "worlds" you could make the differently sized plots in different worlds.

Reactions: TheBrownster
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
xHappyMood wrote on Eli's profile.
happy birthday eli
BurgerCat13 wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday fellow dragon enthusiast 🐉
Xi1m wrote on Eli's profile.
oh noes
happy late birthday eli!!!!
Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Top Bottom