Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you see that is Freebuild is Useless and didn't receive that support from people?

• Yes

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

7bashko

Jun 1, 2016
Because there;s many interesting game like Eggwars, Skywars which gain a lot of population and free build has nothing,, you can create a new world and build anything...
^^^^^^^
Maybe free build should be changed to something like housing in hypixel, and allow players to make parkours, role plays, mini games etc. It will attract more players.
^^^^^^^

Reasons you guys said:
Cubecraft:
-Small plots -
-Lack of world edit -
-New plots are expensive -
-You can show your plot to other people LIVE +
-Plots are WAY too expensive.
-Expanding plots is super expensive too
-Plot numbers are rank-based
-Keeps crashing
-Menu is not user friendly and can be hard to manage
-Relatively bugged
-People competing too much on getting diamonds, tons of spam in chat
Creative (Single player):
-Pretty much infinite world +
-World is customizable (before you create it, you can change settings) +
-No need to buy new plots +
-You can download worldedit, or other tools to help you build +
-You can download other maps to build on +
-You can let people download and play your map +
-You can't show your world to other people LIVE -
-Can't get banned on singleplayer Creative +
-Don't need internet to play singleplayer Creative +
-You can still livestream singleplayer Creative builds +

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Maybe free build should be changed to something like housing in hypixel, and allow players to make parkours,
If you didn't notice yet, 50%+ of all plots existing in FreeBuild is nothing more but lame parkour.

I mean honestly, there are so many good and detailed builds that took hours to build! They get maybe 300 Diamonds or even less.
Then you got ugly parkour with no detail that has like 3500 Diamonds for no reason.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
The players who enjoy it 3 or 4 between 20K player ignores it, there's nothing special on this game, its not even a game you can just play this on singleplayer.
Also i am suggesting to remove it, i am suggesting to improve it or add ideas on it, its like your server has 1k player and 2 games survival and kitpvp, kit pvp has 980 player and survival has only 20 what are you gonna do? you will improve survival and make it better, you will not remove it. there are many servers has the same exact game (creative), i don't think Devs worked hard for it because its easy to do its just 2 or 3 plugins u guys think it took so much because developers was ignoring it all the time.
Sorry for my shitty grammar..
they aren't removing it after SO long to make it

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
-Lack of World Edit

If people want to go build, they do it on singleplayer. If they wanna build with friends, they do it on another server.
Agreed. The absence of World Edit, as well as the overly complicated chat system, was the biggest turn-off for me. World Edit has become a necessity for every reputable Creative Server, so it was no short of self-destructive for it to not have been included.
Creative is one of those simple vanilla Minecraft gamemodes, but no, Cube has to ALWAYS complicate stuff with
-Floating islands
-Lobby systems
-Points an upgrades
Sadly, I also agree. I understand not mining when you've already struck oil, but the whole 'islands in the sky' concept has gotten stale, at least for me. Perhaps the 'islands in the sky' "oil well" is beginning to deplete, I don't know. Now, not only did the entire server feel isolated due to a complete void of surroundings, but because of the way that the islands had been built, you couldn't go more than say ten blocks deeper than the surface. This was also a big turn-off for me, who enjoys making atmospheric underground cities.

Iggleboz

Aug 30, 2016
Neutral Bay
www.youtube.com
It would be better if you could go into more detail about this,
(Screenshots, explanation, etc.)

And how is it a fail?
Yes, not a ton of people join it, but a decent amount do.
Also, you have to think about how hard the Developers worked on this game, and your just calling it a fail?
Not very nice in my opinion...

Maybe say how they can make it better.
You would make a good staff.

Reactions: Deeds

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Agreed. The absence of World Edit, as well as the overly complicated chat system, was the biggest turn-off for me. World Edit has become a necessity for every reputable Creative Server, so it was no short of self-destructive for it to not have been included.

Sadly, I also agree. I understand not mining when you've already struck oil, but the whole 'islands in the sky' concept has gotten stale, at least for me. Perhaps the 'islands in the sky' "oil well" is beginning to deplete, I don't know. Now, not only did the entire server feel isolated due to a complete void of surroundings, but because of the way that the islands had been built, you couldn't go more than say ten blocks deeper than the surface. This was also a big turn-off for me, who enjoys making atmospheric underground cities.
A "few" extra thoughts that I have on why Creative mode failed:

Perhaps the server would not have been as big of a disappointment, had the developers not been as pressurised to release it. This argument can be made from pretty much anybody's perspective, given how heavily Freebuild was demanded, and for over a year straight. I also understand the thought behind the islands in the sky, since it would've made Cubecraft's Creative Mode unique had it been pulled off correctly. However, I don't feel that Creative Mode was supposed to cater towards pulling new players in, because of how much competition there is in this field. It should've recaptured what made Creative as popular as it was back in 2014; the community. Because donators were the only members with World Edit, players were forced to communicate with one another. Also, because World Edit was a thing, players were not limited to building either a wooden shack or a poor excuse for "parkour"; they could build cities, lake sides, valleys, villages, etc. in only a couple of hours. This meant that role-playing was more prevalent, which is also what helped build the community back in the day.

At this point, Creative mode is beyond salvation. You cannot wipe the server and start again, else you'll be met with a storm of discontent from players who had built half-decent plots. I feel there was a large miscommunication between the playerbase and the developers as well. For instance, one of the most suggested features was for players to be able to enlarge their plots, and while this feature was implemented, it was shut away behind a payment wall that meant winning hundreds of repetitive games to be able to unlock. Keep in mind that this is to extend only one plot, and that Minecraft's main demographic is children who aren't able to win every single Skywars game that they play, and you begin to see how big of a problem this is, especially when the default plot size was as small as it was. however, you cannot lower the prices at this point without dissatisfying the current community of Creative fans.

The Diamonds feature, while the concept sounded great on paper, is evidently causing more problems than it's worth. While I haven't used Creative since the day of release, this isn't the first thread that I have seen address the spam of players promoting their plots. This also becomes a problem, when the chat covers a large portion of the screen and is distracting you when you're trying to build. In fact, I believe this is why Roleplaying was banned back in the day, unless it was kept out of the public chat.

If by any chance the developers decide to retry Freebuild Mode, I would suggest keeping it as simplistic as possible. The Creative Mode interfaces really confused me, especially when it used to be as simple as typing /p home, a command that is universal across all Creative servers. World Edit has to be a staple, otherwise there is no reason for players to use Cubecraft's Freebuild instead of literally every other server out there. Lastly, the islands either need to be much closer together so you don't feel quite as isolated, or we need to go back to the Super-Flat overworld. I know it's far less original, but most players do not care about originality; they care about enjoyment.

Personally, I no longer see the point in investing resources into Freebuild. It'd likely be too much work for such little payoff, especially when those resources could be directed into improving the replayability of already popular gamemodes.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
I see that is free build is a fail game that we wait so much for it, low amount of people joins it.
If you believe it is a failed game then go to the suggestions page and maybe put some suggestions in to try to make it better. Whether you think it is a fail game is based on opinion, some people may love it, while others may hate it.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #52-
The minecraft music disc 11 lasts for 1 minute, 11 seconds and 111 milliseconds!
It was hard writing this on a tv (yes, I sometimes write facts on a tv lol).
Basketman wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday!
me after realizing my uncle started watching jjk: 😨💀
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom