Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which suggestion(s) do you agree with? (please select all the true statements)

• Total voters

MJ010101

Dec 17, 2017
Fjollträsk
Hi, I'm MJ010101! Today, I'd like to introduce some suggestions of mine for the forums website! I have 6 of them. If some of them were suggested before I apologize! Let's begin!

Suggestion 1: Clarify and add some (existing) rules
Currently, a couple of punishable offences aren't listed on the Official Rules thread. These are, win farming by gamehopping, and reporting someone more than two weeks subsequent to when they broke the rule(s). Most of us probably know that win farming isn't allowed, yet it isn't listed as a rule. The same goes for reporting someone more than two weeks later. I suggest that these two rules should be added to the thread. The second one can also be stated in this thread. That'll work as well!

Suggestion 2: More Contact Details
Your "Identities" for your forums account in the Contact Details setting are most likely not used by anyone, however, they could be. I mean, who still uses Skype, and AIM, ICQ & Yahoo! Messenger, do I even need to say anything? :) Therefore, let's add Discord to it, and maybe YouTube as well, why not? An ability to include the languages that you're fluent in may also be helpful!

Suggestion 3: Adapt the site to mobile users a bit more
Currently, the mobile site can be somewhat tideous to use. Two features that can be improved are the following:
Going about logging in, and the ability to see someones signature. Logging in requires you to tilt the device. Those who haven't figured that out yet need to go to the bottom of a thread and click the "you must be logged in to reply here" button. This could preferably be fixed, to prevent a little confusion. Also, you can't see people's signatures below their posts on mobile either. Enabling this would be great. Keep in mind that all devices are different, and that I'm speaking from my experience with an iPhone 7.

Suggestion 4: Option to receive a notification when someone replies to your own thread
As of now, you can't receive notifications when someone replies to your own thread without getting them from other watched threads as well. I suggest that this should be fixed in some way or another, by for example adding an option to only receive notifications when someone replies to your own thread. Unwatching threads manually can be a bit annoying, and flooding your email with notifications isn't all too fun either.

Suggestion 5: Another members tab with most followers

This one's simple! When clicking the "Members" tab on the website, the most notable ones can be sorted into four different categories: Most Messages, Most Likes, Most Points and Staff Members. What about adding another one with those with the most followers?

Suggestion 6: Change some trophies involving likes

This one was a misunderstanding on my end, so ignore this one! I didn’t exactly know how trophies worked and shouldn’t have suggested this one in the first place.

Thanks for reading! If you made it this far, don't forget to vote on the poll above!
/MJ010101​

Last edited:

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Suggestion 2: More Contact Details
Your "Identities" for your forums account in the Contact Details setting are most likely not used by anyone, however, they could be. I mean, who still uses Skype, and AIM, ICQ & Yahoo! Messenger, do I even need to say anything? :) Therefore, let's add Discord to it, and maybe YouTube as well, why not? An ability to include the languages that you're fluent in may also be helpful! If you don't know what page I'm talking about, here's a screenshot.​
(who even uses this?)

Suggestion 3: Adapt the site to mobile users a bit more
Currently, the mobile site can be somewhat tideous to use. Two features that can be improved are the following:
Going about logging in, and the ability to see someones signature. Logging in requires you to tilt the device. Those who haven't figured that out yet need to go to the bottom of a thread and click the "you must be logged in to reply here" button. This could preferably be fixed, to prevent a little confusion. Also, you can't see people's signatures below their posts on mobile either. Enabling this would be great. Keep in mind that all devices are different, and that I'm speaking from my experience with an iPhone 7.
yes.
although I personally don't use the forums site on my phone very often, I know that it's kind of messy and inconvenient to use.
Suggestion 4: Option to receive a notification when someone replies to your own thread
As of now, you can't receive notifications when someone replies to your own thread without getting them from other watched threads as well. I suggest that this should be fixed in some way or another, by for example adding an option to only receive notifications when someone replies to your own thread. Unwatching threads manually can be a bit annoying, and flooding your email with notifications isn't all too fun either.
https://www.cubecraft.net/account/alert-preferences
Is this what you're looking for?

This one's simple! When clicking the "Members" tab on the website, the most notable ones can be sorted into four different categories: Most Messages, Most Likes, Most Points and Staff Members. What about adding another one with those with the most followers?
No thanks. This alone would be completely based off of who has more friends, and or who has what rank. (staff/ex-staff would pretty much fill up the list completely).
Aside from that, this would make the annoying "follow4follow" thing rewarded more than it is now. I'd hate to have followers mean something by way of position somewhere.

I don't have a lot of knowledge regarding the trophies, but they still give me one concern. Trophies that require a certain like to post ratio can be abused, or achieved easily by posting messages on your profile, or others'. Doing so won't count towards your post count, making it possible to get likes without a single message. If this is the case, making profile posts count as messages, or disabling the likes from profile posts from counting towards likes (atleast for the trophy) would be great!
Why?
I really don't see why this should happen considering a "like" isn't only locked to liking/agreeing with someone's comment on actual threads. Likes are there to show your appreciation for someone's post, or to show that you approve the post. Whether this applies to thread posts or profile posts, both are still posts. One just happens to have less restrictions to benefit open conversations.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
To 1.:
The Player Reporting Guidlines and Formating specify that evidence can't be older than 2 weeks, but I'm not sure it it's linked somewhere visible.
I actually don't know what win farming by game hopping is. Is it /leaving a game once it's clear you have no/little chance to win?
One thing I noticed recently is that xray resource packs are only mentioned in the List of Allowed Mods, but not in the rules. Since it's not a mod I wouldn't expect it there.

To 3.:
I think not seeing people's signatures on mobile is a good thing, the screen is already tiny, I don't want to see something useless on there. You can also see a user's signature on their profile page. But since it's already an option in the preferences, it might be changed to "Show people's signatures [Always|Desktop only|Never]".

To 4.:
Is there any reason to watch threads other than to get notifications? In the preferences you can disable automatically watching a thread you reply to.

Reactions: MJ010101

MJ010101

Dec 17, 2017
Fjollträsk
Nope, I know about those settings. They only provide the option to receive notifications from watched threads.
Why?
I really don't see why this should happen considering a "like" isn't only locked to liking/agreeing with someone's comment on actual threads. Likes are there to show your appreciation for someone's post, or to show that you approve the post. Whether this applies to thread posts or profile posts, both are still posts. One just happens to have less restrictions to benefit open conversations.
My bad! As I said I don't have a lot of trophy knowledge, and therefore it was a misunderstanding.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Nope, I know about those settings. They only provide the option to receive notifications from watched threads.
You could uncheck this box:
c73003a559d8182e4d7a662bfdbb8b76.png

(found here)

After that, all you'd need to do is manually watch all threads that you create. Shouldn't be too bad, right?

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Skype, and AIM, ICQ & Yahoo
why would someone want to know your Yahoo messages anyways?
Imagine just walking up to a friend and asking

Hey what’s your Yahoo Messager account name

AIM is still used quite a bit though

. What about adding another one with those with the most followers?
Okay here’s a question
How many people do you think will be on their who aren’t staff
I’d say 0
I don't have a lot of knowledge regarding the trophies, but they still give me one concern. Trophies that require a certain like to post ratio can be abused, or achieved easily by posting messages on your profile, or others'. Doing so won't count towards your post count, making it possible to get likes without a single message. If this is the case, making profile posts count as messages, or disabling the likes from profile posts from counting towards likes (atleast for the trophy) would be great!
This is so dumb
One making profile posts doesn’t make getting 3k likes at 1K posts easy
It is nowhere near exploitable
Besides likes are likes, that’s that

MJ010101

Dec 17, 2017
Fjollträsk
why would someone want to know your Yahoo messages anyways?
Imagine just walking up to a friend and asking

Hey what’s your Yahoo Messager account name

AIM is still used quite a bit though
That’s not my point! My point is that the identities aren’t used, but could be if we add say Discord to them.
This is so dumb
One making profile posts doesn’t make getting 3k likes at 1K posts easy
It is nowhere near exploitable
Besides likes are likes, that’s that
As I told Gainy:
My bad! As I said I don't have a lot of trophy knowledge, and therefore it was a misunderstanding.

D

Deleted member 352903

This one's simple! When clicking the "Members" tab on the website, the most notable ones can be sorted into four different categories: Most Messages, Most Likes, Most Points and Staff Members. What about adding another one with those with the most followers?​
There will be only staff members here or ex-staff members :u but it’s a very nice idea.

I mean, who still uses Skype, and AIM, ICQ & Yahoo! Messenger, do I even need to say anything?​
Many Spanish players use Skype :d, but I agree, it will be great.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Suggestion 1: Clarify and add some (existing) rules
Currently, a couple of punishable offences aren't listed on the Official Rules thread. These are, win farming by gamehopping, and reporting someone more than two weeks subsequent to when they broke the rule(s). Most of us probably know that win farming isn't allowed, yet it isn't listed as a rule. The same goes for reporting someone more than two weeks later. I suggest that these two rules should be added to the thread. The second one can also be stated in this thread. That'll work as well!
Win-farming is stated in our official rules under “Multiaccounting” - win-farming would only apply for games which you can win, however multiaccounting includes point-farming as well. https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.134453/

MJ010101

Dec 17, 2017
Fjollträsk
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday, Eef <3
Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes 💕
UncleSpect wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #56-
About 3.2 billion people around the world (roughly 46% of the global population) watched at least a minute of the 2010 World Cup!
Top Bottom