Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which ideas to you like?

• 1. Add an edit button to profile posts!

• 2. A couple of suggestions to improve the forums site.

• 3. Suggestion about translating the forums into other languages.

• 4. Add ranks to the forums!

• None of them.

Results are only viewable after voting.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hello guys! (No heya today)
I decided to make a forums suggestion compilation, this means that I combined almost all of my forums suggestions in 1 thread!
Enjoy reading, and if you see a good suggestion, vote in the poll! :)
(I copy pasted my threads, and edited some grammar mistakes and other stuff.)

1. Add an edit button for profile posts!

I would like to discuss about profile posts, because there's a feature which is extremely annoying.
So, my idea is: Add an edit button to profile posts!
I find it very annoying if I've made a spelling mistake and I can't edit the post.
No, I have to remove the post, wait a minute and post it again.
A waste of time!
Why don't we add the button? It does not harm players, it's just a nice additional to make better use of the forums, and it will make the forums a bit more accessible for players!
Moderators will be able to see something like an edit log!

2. A couple of suggestions to improve the forums site.

Followers: Thanks @ThêDvthr12 Bølâ Fēlīz for inventing this idea, I have worked it out with a twist of my ideas!
I think following someone is not worth it, because you don't get notifications or e-mails if someone posted a new thread or if they updated their status!
My suggestion is: Add a new notification system!
The new notification button is going to look like this: FN <----click.
You will get a notification in the FN inbox if people who have been followed by you have posted a thread or updated their status, and you will also get a notification if they changed their profile picture/name.
Following a person is worth it if the team adds this!

Lay-out:
I think we need a new lay-out, because this lay-out looks basic.
A good suggestion is adding a dark theme, that would be nice!
Your question is: 'Remi, how are we going to get a new lay-out!?'.
We are going to make an official competition!
It's just like the other artwork competitions, but with another twist.
There will be a few competitions.
1 competition is about the background, 1 competition is about the design of the forums, and another competition is about making the site beautiful. (The last competition is about the letter design, and other stuff.)
The participants have to make an example of the lay-out, and the winner will get a prize, such like a rank, some cubelets, and obviously: fame!
(Extra information: The thread will be made in the official competitions sub-forum!)
This competition will be created to get ideas and get inspiration!
Obviously is that the management team will make the decision if the winning lay-out is going to be added or not.

Languages:

I think the forums website must be translated into other languages, such as Dutch, Spanish and Arabic.
It will take some effort, but I am sure that many players will be happy with the translations of important threads.
(For those who want to know: I temporarily stopped with translating useful threads into Dutch, because I want to focus myself on making other threads, such like this one!)
I think we have to translate these threads: All the Reporting Tutorials and Guidelines threads, the Official Rules (and the list of allowed mods), the News threads, the Report Site, the Merch Site and the Store Site should be translated, because those sites are very important.
After that we can also translate the Suggestions subforum. (BTW I mean this thread from suggestions subforum: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-make-a-good-suggestion-thread.187064/)
It doesn't take much time if we translate with several people! And the reward is worth it: players become happy!

Recapitulation:
-The management team has to 'update' the following system.
-We need a new lay-out, and we make one by starting a competition.
-We have to translate the important threads into other languages. (Only for those who want to translate)

3. Suggestion about translating the forums into other languages.
I think it's a wonderful idea to make the forums more accessible for other players.
Especially for players who can't speak English very well!
I think there are too much players on our forums who can't speak English, so let me introduce my idea!
Let's translate the forums to the other main languages of this server: Dutch and Spanish!

Eehr Remi, why do you want to see this added?
As I said, there are (in my opinnion) too much players who can't speak English.
I also want them to use the forums, and I want them to use the report site!
They also have to share their ideas with the community, but they can't do that because they can't speak English!

Who do you want to translate the forums?
There are for example a couple of Dutch staff members on the server, and there are a couple of staff members who can speak Spanish.
I would like to help the staff members to translate the forums to the Dutch language, and I think (not sure) there are also a couple of 'normal' members who like to do that with the Spanish language.

Which threads and subforums do you want to be translated?
I think all the Reporting Tutorials and Guidelines threads, the Official Rules (and the list of allowed mods), the News threads, the Report Site, the Merch Site and the Store Site should be translated, because these sites are very important.
After that we can also translate the Suggestions subforum. (BTW I mean this thread from suggestions subforum: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-make-a-good-suggestion-thread.187064/)

My suggestion: <-- another suggestion about translating.
Let's translate the WHOLE report site to other languages!
It would be easier for people who can't speak English, for example: Only Dutch, Arabic, Spanish or other languages!
Here's an example: https://gyazo.com/e973e9ec1516dda12d6128fd49248da4

Why?
There are too much players who can't speak other languages than their main language.
They don't understand what's said on the report page, so they can't report!
I want everyone to report, to make the server a better place!

4. Add ranks to the forums!
If you look at a member, you only see the tag 'member':

https://gyazo.com/620a651a2fe4b500f91c16428f351f84

Let's make an example:
@Scottnes has an Obsidian rank. (Decided to remove his tag, maybe he doesn't like it)
What about this tag?

https://gyazo.com/cf01291a1ad5eb9183472c4fae09027c
BTW, the tags haven't got colors!
You have to do /rankforums in game.

Why should we add this feature?

This would make things easier, because you can see which rank a player has!
If you can see which rank a player is, you can easier add him as your friend, because you know how much friend slots the player has!
The same applies for parties :)

Okay, that's it! What do you think about this ideas? Vote in the poll!
(I don't know if you noticed, but the lengths of the articles decrease when you look at my oldest threads, sorry!)

T

The Lord Pleb

I decided to make a forums suggestion compilation, this means that I combined almost all of my forums suggestions in 1 thread!

I would like to discuss about profile posts, because there's a feature which is extremely annoying.
I find it very annoying if I've made a spelling mistake and I can't edit the post.
A waste of time!
Why don't we add the button? It does not harm players, it's just a nice additional to make better use of the forums, and it will make the forums a bit more accessible for players!

Followers: Thanks @ThêDvthr12 Bølâ Fēlīz for inventing this idea, I have worked it out with a twist of my ideas!
I think following someone is not worth it, because you don't get notifications or e-mails if someone posted a new thread or if they updated their status!
You will get a notification in the FN inbox if people who have been followed by you have posted a thread or updated their status, and you will also get a notification if they changed their profile picture/name.

Lay-out:
1 competition is about the background, 1 competition is about the design of the forums, and another competition is about making the site beautiful. (The last competition is about the letter design, and other stuff.)
The participants have to make an example of the lay-out, and the winner will get a prize, such like a rank, some cubelets, and obviously: fame!
(Extra information: The thread will be made in the official competitions sub-forum!)
Obviously is that the management team will make the decision if the winning lay-out is going to be added or not.

Languages:

I think the forums website must be translated into other languages, such as Dutch, Spanish and Arabic.
It will take some effort, but I am sure that many players will be happy with the translations of important threads.
(For those who want to know: I temporarily stopped with translating useful threads into Dutch, because I want to focus myself on making other threads, such like this one!)
I think we have to translate these threads: All the Reporting Tutorials and Guidelines threads, the Official Rules (and the list of allowed mods), the News threads, the Report Site, the Merch Site and the Store Site should be translated, because those sites are very important.
It doesn't take much time if we translate with several people! And the reward is worth it: players become happy!

Recapitulation:
-We have to translate the important threads into other languages. (Only for those who want to translate)

I think it's a wonderful idea to make the forums more accessible for other players.
I think there are too much players on our forums who can't speak English, so let me introduce my idea!
Let's translate the forums to the other main languages of this server: Dutch and Spanish!

They also have to share their ideas with the community, but they can't do that because they can't speak English!

There are for example a couple of Dutch staff members on the server, and there are a couple of staff members who can speak Spanish.
I would like to help the staff members to translate the forums to the Dutch language, and I think (not sure) there are also a couple of 'normal' members who like to do that with the Spanish language.

I think all the Reporting Tutorials and Guidelines threads, the Official Rules (and the list of allowed mods), the News threads, the Report Site, the Merch Site and the Store Site should be translated, because these sites are very important.

It would be easier for people who can't speak English, for example: Only Dutch, Arabic, Spanish or other languages!

Why?
There are too much players who can't speak other languages than their main language.

Let's make an example:
@Scottnes has an Obsidian rank. (Decided to remove his tag, maybe he doesn't like it)
What about this tag?

If you can see which rank a player is, you can easier add him as your friend, because you know how much friend slots the player has!

(I don't know if you noticed, but the lengths of the articles decrease when you look at my oldest threads, sorry!)
First of all: Thanks for mentioning me in the thread :P
I like all ideas, but I have a doubt about the idea "add ranks to the forums".
In Minecraft, users with rank have permissions that normal users don't have. My question is: Will players with rank in the forums also have special permission?
The truth, if so, I don't like the idea. I would like it to be possible to identify what rank each person has to look at their profile, as in the example that you put, but I wouldn't like that they also had "extra" permissions here in the forums.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
First of all: Thanks for mentioning me in the thread :p
I like all ideas, but I have a doubt about the idea "add ranks to the forums".
In Minecraft, users with rank have permissions that normal users don't have. My question is: Will players with rank in the forums also have special permission?
The truth, if so, I don't like the idea. I would like it to be possible to identify what rank each person has to look at their profile, as in the example that you put, but I wouldn't like that they also had "extra" permissions here in the forums.
It is just a nice additional, but it's not like they will get extra permissions.

Reactions: The Lord Pleb
T

The Lord Pleb

In that case, I like the idea!
I think (not sure) there are also a couple of 'normal' members who like to do that with the Spanish language.
That strikes me, I think, I'm "one" of those users that you say. As you know, I translated the thread "List of allowed mods" in Spanish, and it would be nice to translate another thread.

Reactions: remio
D

Deleted member 169486

Let's make an example:
What about this tag?

A staff member said that having it say "Obsidian" under someone's name might make there opinion to a thread seem more important/correct, which I believe would happen.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
https://www.cubecraft.net/account/news-feed so this?
No notifications, but you could just check that page every once in a while.

Lay-out:
To be honest, I like the current lay-out. A dark theme would be nice though. The basic theme is pretty pleasing to the eye, and the forums take little to no understanding to be able to work with it.

I personally never liked having ranks appear on forums if you linked an account. I'd prefer the whole rank situation to stay as is, simply because the forums would look messy to me otherwise. If all it does is change "Member" to "x member" under your profile info, I'm fine with it.
Just don't add any text boxes or colours for it.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
https://www.cubecraft.net/account/news-feed so this?
I think adding a new notification system would be nice, so that you can get more information about players you follow!
No notifications, but you could just check that page every once in a while.

I personally never liked having ranks appear on forums if you linked an account. I'd prefer the whole rank situation to stay as is, simply because the forums would look messy to me otherwise. If all it does is change "Member" to "x member" under your profile info, I'm fine with it.
Just don't add any text boxes or colours for it.
It just gives you a little more information about a player. I think it would be handy.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

A waste of time!

Lay-out:

Languages:

Recapitulation:

Why?

Let's make an example:
What about this tag?

1. Thanks for the thread
2. I think profile posts are the best thing to work on right now but I like all of them
3. I vote for all of them because they are all good ideas!

Reactions: remio

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I don't see any point of adding ranks to the forums
This would make things easier, because you can see which rank a player has
how would this make things easier
Knowing someone's rank really doesn't help anything
Or you could just send a friend request and they deny it if they have reserved spaces on their friends list
And if their friends list is full you can't send it

Members Online

Latest profile posts

some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
you dont know how long ive been waiting to see this <3
IMG_8461.jpeg
Top Bottom