Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Automatic post merging is simple but yet incredibly effective to stop thread spamming and post farming under certain scenarios. I've seen many players reply to threads, and then reply shortly after again to add something bring more to the table. If they forgot to edit, or didn't even know how to edit in the first place, this would come in handy.

What do I mean by "auto-merging"?
Auto-merging will take any double, triple quadruple, quintuple, etc. -post and automatically merge it all of the posts into the first one to prevent thread spamming. Imagine someone making two separate messages right after another: The auto-merger would kick in and merge the two posts into a single post, effectively preventing post farming & thread "flooding"

Why would you add this?

As I said above, this will prevent post farming and thread spamming to a degree. It'd save a ton of time for the moderators, and makes the forums a lot cleaner without a staff member being absolutely necessary.

How would it work?
In my opinion there needs to be at least a few conditions for this to take place:
  • The posts needs to be created shortly after another (~an hour or so)
  • The posts cannot merge together if there's an image limit that's going to be crossed
  • Merged posts can be separated by a moderator if necessary
It's really quite effective for how simple it is.
Here's an old link to this feature: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/wmtech-double-post-merge.833/
@_xSuperDanx_ wanted a tag

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Automatic post merging is simple but yet incredibly effective to stop thread spamming and post farming under certain scenarios. I've seen many players reply to threads, and then reply shortly after again to add something bring more to the table. If they forgot to edit, or didn't even know how to edit in the first place, this would come in handy.

Auto-merging will take any double, triple quadruple, quintuple, etc. -post and automatically merge it all of the posts into the first one to prevent thread spamming. Imagine someone making two separate messages right after another: The auto-merger would kick in and merge the two posts into a single post, effectively preventing post farming & thread "flooding"

Why would you add this?

As I said above, this will prevent post farming and thread spamming to a degree. It'd save a ton of time for the moderators, and makes the forums a lot cleaner without a staff member being absolutely necessary.

How would it work?
In my opinion there needs to be at least a few conditions for this to take place:
  • The posts cannot merge together if there's an image limit that's going to be crossed
Here's an old link to this feature: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/wmtech-double-post-merge.833/
I think this is a good idea, because there are too much post spammers.
But I think the messages must be combined if they are created 20 minutes after another.
Good idea!

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Doesn't sound too bad but I personally don't have a problem with double posts. I have signatures disabled though so two posts don't take up my whole screen.
I don't like how everyone is accused of message farming when they might be spamming messages for other reasons than the stupid message counter. I also think the forum looks cleaner without the message counter displayed on every message, maybe that could reduce the accusations of message farming.
Screenshot_2017-11-05_10-41-21.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Gainfullterror

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

Why would you add this?

How would it work?

YASSSS
+1

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands

Why would you add this?

How would it work?
The problem i have is the sheer amount of merging it would take, for instance one thread could have 500 pages, and it would take forever to get to

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
The problem i have is the sheer amount of merging it would take, for instance one thread could have 500 pages, and it would take forever to get to
Hence why I suggested a few restrictions:
How would it work?
It wouldn't be that bad, really. Besides, it's an automated system.
(Also, I'm pretty sure the biggest thread only has 114 pages or so (memes))

Great idea Gainful! Do you think that this’d still function properly, and neatly, if the timer was lowered from 1h to (possibly) 45, 30, or even 20 minutes?
I'm not too sure on what to set the max time too, as it's only a concept for now. I never really see the need to make another post right after your post in a thread anyways, as you're easily able to edit the first one.
Thread bumps are an exception here, but those usually only take place once every few days between posts.

Reactions: Ayroh
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
Top Bottom