Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Title says it all. I just had one denied due to "lack of evidence" and I can't even contact the staff member that denied it to talk about it since he/she didn't provide their name in the report message.
Yes, I can contact other staff members, but I specifically want to talk to the one who denied the report.
af60574398f81084239d788ee6c65eac.png

By the way, if you recognize the message please tell me.
Edit: I found out who had denied it, but the suggestion still stands!

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I certainly agree with this. I had this once before, last week, and I still haven't found out yet who declined my report.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Most staff members here always sign...
I sign all my reports with "~Lezappen".
Some staff members may not be comfortable putting their names in deny messages to avoid backlash from unhappy reporters.
In this case :
You can directly message an administrator if you think your report wasn't handled correctly or would simply like to have more information as to why it was denied.
Though I would suggest:
If you have a denied report you can always post the evidence in the #staff_help channel in discord stating that it got denied and asking for more information.
But please remember that it is not an obligation to message the staff member that dealt with your report directly. There will always be a staff member to forward it on to an administrator if needed.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Title says it all. I just had one denied due to "lack of evidence" and I can't even contact the staff member that denied it to talk about it since he/she didn't provide their name in the report message.
Yes, I can contact other staff members, but I specifically want to talk to the one who denied the report.

YES YES YES!!!
I agree I get pretty angry when a legit report is deined and I cant ask why!

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Some staff members may not be comfortable putting their names in deny messages to avoid backlash from unhappy reporters.
Yes, however:
upload_2017-8-8_14-31-18.png

Dealing with the backlash happens all of the time, so being thick-skinned is an important trait for the staff.
The backlash from reporters isn't even that bad. You can see it in the Discord server occasionally and most are pretty calm.

You can directly message an administrator if you think your report wasn't handled correctly or would simply like to have more information as to why it was denied.
The problem I have with this is: Why send it to the administrators? They're busy enough as is, and reports aren't really their job. Moderators and Sr. Moderators are in charge of doing reports in most cases.

Though I would suggest:
If you have a denied report you can always post the evidence in the #staff_help channel in discord stating that it got denied and asking for more information.
But please remember that it is not an obligation to message the staff member that dealt with your report directly. There will always be a staff member to forward it on to an administrator if needed.
Posting it in staff help will just end up in people telling me to
A. Report it on the site
B. Talk to an admin about it
C. Tell me exactly what was written down on the message
I don't want to message an admin about it since: The same staff member might make that mistake again, and I want to make sure that they can get it right next time. It's much more simple for us, and much more helpful for the staff team. I don't want to pick any of these options as I specifically want to speak to the one who had denied the report.

Quick question: Is it required for an admin to deal with denied reports which were actually valid? Or can moderators deal with it themselves?

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
Fully agree with you. Even if you were to ask in Staff Help, you will just get bombarded with tags in #english (which I personally think shouldn't be allowed in the first place, it's basically bypassing the rules).

I've heard before of times when staff have put other staff members names when answering reports to protect themselves from any issues, adding their name should be mandatory. From what I know, when staff log in, their names are not logged, so enforcing this new idea could be an issue.

Overall, Good idea. 100% support it.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
+1 a message should appear at the top of the box that comes up like this:
Report decision said:
(accepted/rejected) by *insert staff member's name here*

Reactions: Maaarijn

XiiKa

Forum Expert
Dec 23, 2016
Somewhere only we know
Agreed, if a report is denied for some reason, and the one that send in the report is 100% sure someone broke the rules,
We should be able to ask questions about the declined or closed reports..

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Yes, however:
View attachment 136267
Dealing with the backlash happens all of the time, so being thick-skinned is an important trait for the staff.
The backlash from reporters isn't even that bad. You can see it in the Discord server occasionally and most are pretty calm.

The problem I have with this is: Why send it to the administrators? They're busy enough as is, and reports aren't really their job. Moderators and Sr. Moderators are in charge of doing reports in most cases.

Posting it in staff help will just end up in people telling me to
A. Report it on the site
B. Talk to an admin about it
C. Tell me exactly what was written down on the message
I don't want to message an admin about it since: The same staff member might make that mistake again, and I want to make sure that they can get it right next time. It's much more simple for us, and much more helpful for the staff team. I don't want to pick any of these options as I specifically want to speak to the one who had denied the report.

Quick question: Is it required for an admin to deal with denied reports which were actually valid? Or can moderators deal with it themselves?
It is not up to the players in staff help to say if the report is valid or not, moderators there can give their own opinion, I did say in what you quoted from me, that you also need to state that you did indeed report the players but that the report has been denied.
If you want to talk about how a report has been handled, an admin is who you need to talk to, if you think a mod missed something and didn't leave his name, you don't have a choice but to address yourself to an admin.
It's better to talk to other mods if what you want to know is more about the status of the report itself. I know backlash from reporters isn't bad but I don't know what other reason there would be to not sign the report.

B

Britney Spears

I agree as it's a lot more convenient to just go straight to the moderator in question instead of having to go through several annoying and unnecessary steps in order to speak with the staff member that denied your report. I also have to add that many companies always include the names of their employees when they're helping a customer so the customer could always go to that one person who helped them in the first place which means that they already understand what's the problem and that there's no need to explain everything over and over again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
I think it is very important to put their 'names' after the report message, so the reporters can always contact the 'staff' member who denied/declined the report, so i totally agree ;)

JasperEdits

Aug 26, 2016

True, this happened to me once

TeamkillerYT_CG

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2016

i for one differ, if they are forced to show their name then people getting denied will get angry sometimes, youve got to remember we have children on this server that do reports and some of them arent as mature as us adults, or even some of the teenagers in the server, so some may get declined and get angry at the staff member and verbally insult them, and we dont want that because all staff does is their hardest to fix issues and rid of rule breakers so i for one strongly disagree with this idea.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
i for one differ, if they are forced to show their name then people getting denied will get angry sometimes, youve got to remember we have children on this server that do reports and some of them arent as mature as us adults, or even some of the teenagers in the server, so some may get declined and get angry at the staff member and verbally insult them, and we dont want that because all staff does is their hardest to fix issues and rid of rule breakers so i for one strongly disagree with this idea.
upload_2017-8-8_14-31-18-png.136267

Being thick skinned like @Gainfullterror has already said, it a trait they say they have when applying :3 Just putting that out there...

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
okay I know why you were doing it
when I asked why it was a rhetorical question
Okay now that it has been a bit and it is less likely to turn into a giant fight
My reasoning for that is
Why not just have staff members explain why it is a lack of evidence
Is it due to the video being laggy, not actually proving the players are hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congratss man! when 1000 👀
UncleSpect wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday Mivke! 🎈
Verideta wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congrats on 500 messages!
Mintypie231 wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎉
Top Bottom