Status
Not open for further replies.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Why not just have staff members explain why it is a lack of evidence
Is it due to the video being laggy, not actually proving the players are hacking
Well "lack of evidence" is self-explanatory, though sometimes it comes down to opinion whether the reported player should be banned or not.
I like to keep clips somewhat short yet conclusive, and sometimes I get the feeling that the ones that do the reports overlook one of the key things in the evidence itself. When it comes to hacker reports it could also be that they just didn't know that only a client is capable of something, which is why I want to send them a PM explaining what it was.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Well "lack of evidence" is self-explanatory, though sometimes it comes down to opinion whether the reported player should be banned or not.
I like to keep clips somewhat short yet conclusive, and sometimes I get the feeling that the ones that do the reports overlook one of the key things in the evidence itself. When it comes to hacker reports it could also be that they just didn't know that only a client is capable of something, which is why I want to send them a PM explaining what it was.
In most hacker cases they end up being banned anyways either via another report or via Sentinel
The only thing that really would have this apply for a reason is teamers and tell me when was the last time anyone overlooked teamers
This would just cause staff members to get spammed by people saying my report was denied what is wrong with you

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
In most hacker cases they end up being banned anyways either via another report or via Sentinel
Not the point.
The same staff member might make that mistake again, and I want to make sure that they can get it right next time. It's much more simple for us, and much more helpful for the staff team. I don't want to pick any of these options as I specifically want to speak to the one who had denied the report.
The only thing that really would have this apply for a reason is teamers and tell me when was the last time anyone overlooked teamers
This would just cause staff members to get spammed by people saying my report was denied what is wrong with you

Dealing with backlash shouldn't be too bad for them, as, once again, they are supposed to be thick-skinned. Most of the "hate" they get on the Discord server isn't even that bad, and a PM can get them banned on the forums.
(p.s. if you cut evidence a little too short for teams, it won't get accepted. This for instance was denied despite it clearly being teaming. I had to get this one sorted out because of a staff member having a different opinion about it.)

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I agree that it's annoying when Staffmembers don't put their names in the report message. Not so long ago I was a member and I know how frustrating it is not knowing who checked your report. I always end my messages with - Marieke2001 <3 but some Staffmembers don't. I agree that we as Moderators should be obligated to put our names into report messages. Some people like to know why their report got denied and it's something they can learn from. I had 2 people complaining about a denied report in the time that i've been Moderator, so it shouldn't be a big deal to put your name in it.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
yes you must be thick skinned, but im just saying i want the best possible treatment towards our staff because they work so hard for us
They signed up for dealing with it.
It's not like they don't deal with toxicity already, and people who have their reports denied are never too extreme from what I've seen in discord.
Heck, I doubt that people who report on Cube are going to do something extreme anyways. It's most likely not in their interest.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Agreed
It is not up to the players in staff help to say if the report is valid or not, moderators there can give their own opinion, I did say in what you quoted from me, that you also need to state that you did indeed report the players but that the report has been denied.
If you want to talk about how a report has been handled, an admin is who you need to talk to, if you think a mod missed something and didn't leave his name, you don't have a choice but to address yourself to an admin.
It's better to talk to other mods if what you want to know is more about the status of the report itself. I know backlash from reporters isn't bad but I don't know what other reason there would be to not sign the report.
I contacted an admin over a report once. Took Mac 2 weeks to respond.
I don't think it should force them to do it
as I don't see why do so
if they want to, than they can but
why should they have to
I don't know what you're trying to achieve with your "rhetorical question".

Mark E

Aug 10, 2017
From where I stand, I feel that it should be advised to sign a report, However, as stated above, staff members sometimes are not willing to put themselves under fire for such a thing as a denied report, which is understandable. So basically, advise but do not make it a requirement.

and now. to be that person.
-Red (hey i even sign my random post)

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
I can't even contact the staff member that denied it to talk about it since he/she didn't provide their name in the report message.
Hi! I'm the staff manager, which means I oversee and handle all issues regarding the staff team. This includes mishandled reports! If you feel that your report has been mishandled, you can contact me so that I can review the evidence more thoroughly. Contacting a member of staff directly would not allow me to know that there is an issue, and I would therefore not be able to correct the problem, so please contact me when there is an issue with your report being denied.

-TBF

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Hi! I'm the staff manager, which means I oversee and handle all issues regarding the staff team. This includes mishandled reports! If you feel that your report has been mishandled, you can contact me so that I can review the evidence more thoroughly. Contacting a member of staff directly would not allow me to know that there is an issue, and I would therefore not be able to correct the problem, so please contact me when there is an issue with your report being denied.

-TBF
I didn't take:
Contacting a member of staff directly would not allow me to know that there is an issue, and I would therefore not be able to correct the problem
into account, and it does make sense that we'd have to go to you for this. I guess messaging the one who denied it is an option, but it'd be better to talk to you about it so you can tell them what I would've pointed out.
Thread may be locked if anyone sees this!

Reactions: Tacosbefriends
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

BurgerCat13 wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
Happy birthday wischii
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
Happy bday 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
Happy birthday!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Hello Acra, how are you?:D
Top Bottom