Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

In how many languages are you fluent?

• Total voters

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Hello! đź‘‹
I thought today I would make a fun poll and discussion thread.
  1. In how many languages are you fluent? Which ones?
  2. Do you hope to learn more languages in your lifetime? If so, which ones?

I’m bilingual, and fluent in English (as my main language) and French (as my secondary language).
Throughout my life, I hope to learn more languages. The three that I really want to learn are Spanish, Portuguese, and ASL (American Sign Language).

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Oo! Interesting poll idea.

1. I am fluent in both English and Dutch, the latter being my first language. Though, often I feel like I know English better than I do Dutch...
2. I know a tiny bit of French as I had French class for five years in high school. One day, I hope to learn Japanese and after that the ultimate goal would be to learn Mandarin. Spanish, Latin and some of the Nordic languages are also some very interesting languages that I would love to learn if I ever had the time for it.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm technically bilingual, but I rarely feel like I am. My first language is English and it's the language I'm most profficient in. But I'm also fluent in Irish, the problem is that barely anyone else speaks it. I went to an Irish primary school, so from the ages of 4-12 I spoke almost exclusively Irish at school. But I never spoke it much at home, as my dad is English and doesn't speak a word of Irish. I also live near Dublin, so I live hours away from any Gaelteachts, which are the few Irish speaking regions of the country. It's like speaking fluent Latin, I can't use it anywhere.

Ni laoghrionn ain duine an teanga! You can't even speak it on Cubecraft, as I can't get accents to work on the forums.

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
I speak both English and Filipino (which are both my first languages) though we're also taught a bit of Spanish and Nihongo/Japanese in my school

I'm still terrible at speaking all of these, I'm only fluent with the eyeroll language

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
I am fluent in english and dutch, but I also speak some french and german (enough to be understood by a native but not good enough to do it without a million errors every sentence...)

In the future I would love to learn more german, but also spanish and swedish!

zottetibo

Dec 20, 2021
Hello! đź‘‹
I thought today I would make a fun poll and discussion thread.
  1. In how many languages are you fluent? Which ones?
  2. Do you hope to learn more languages in your lifetime? If so, which ones?

I’m bilingual, and fluent in English (as my main language) and French (as my secondary language).
Throughout my life, I hope to learn more languages. The three that I really want to learn are Spanish, Portuguese, and ASL (American Sign Language).
i can speak dutch and english i would love to speak french so i can speak with everyone in country and portuguees so i can speak with my aunt in her native language

Reactions: Reesle and Tripleee
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
Top Bottom