Status
Not open for further replies.

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwairwait

You’re claiming here , that Mojang wants us not to swear? What?
Correct.
Strange they'd allow a name like this then...
R8seIAE.png
You can't blame us for their mistake, besides that, we banned the name server side anyway.

Would they accept it under these terms? https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/swearing-in-party-chat-solution-to-make-everybody-happy.200774/

Failing that, perhaps remove the option to disable the filter for console users?
@Tacosbefriends
Besides from the fact that this implies that we're all fornicating doomed, let me suggest a fix:
Just replace the "forbidden" words with an asterisk or replace them with another word like @MagnificentSpam suggested.
Replacing words would take up a lot of already little dev time, so that probably won't happen. I've fowarded the asterisk suggestion though.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Correct.

You can't blame us for their mistake, besides that, we banned the name server side anyway.

Replacing words would take up a lot of already little dev time, so that probably won't happen. I've fowarded the asterisk suggestion though.
But, maybe the server should remove words like '<33' and 'FFA' from the chat filter?

Shifts

Oct 18, 2017
Somewhere On Earth
Correct.

I'm pretty sure mojang does not really care because there are multiple servers that allow curses in party chat...

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
But, maybe the server should remove words like '<3' and 'FFA' from the chat filter?
These are considered bugs, I have fowarded the FFA one, <3 isn't blocked, might be due to something else in the sentence.

Please also forward this!!
View attachment 139595
Swear filter won't be completely removed from party chat "because you play in a party with your friends", because you can very easily go in a party/get invited to a party with people you have never ever met before. I've gone in a party with my alt and still have no clue who this person is lol but they seem friendly

I'm pretty sure mojang does not really care because there are multiple servers that allow curses in party chat...
Not every server is parterned with Mojang, we are though so we have to follow a contract I assume office people have signed.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Swear filter won't be completely removed from party chat "because you play in a party with your friends", because you can very easily go in a party/get invited to a party with people you have never ever met before. I've gone in a party with my alt and still have no clue who this person is lol but they seem friendly
So long as it's no longer mutable and filtered words are asterisked, I think that's a fair middle-ground at least :)

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Correct.

I know we can't blame you as Moderator, but we're just making our point, because it's unfair what Mojang's done.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Shifts

Oct 18, 2017
Somewhere On Earth
These are considered bugs, I have fowarded the FFA one, <3 isn't blocked, might be due to something else in the sentence.

Not every server is parterned with Mojang, we are though so we have to follow a contract I assume office people have signed.
Oh ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Created a flat creative world to build things in with my friends from school. Gimme suggestions for things to build 👀
Today marks an important and big milestone in my cubecraft career. Today I hit vip level 30. I am so excited to finally reach this milestone. Here is me in the lobby of my favorite game to celebrate this moment! (Plus I get to fly now and that is pretty cool).
13c86346-958a-4645-aafe-5b759968ac28.png
Tommy Boi wrote on Catss's profile.
Thank you for everything!
My branch box died so needed to buy another one haha. Before that, I told my mother that something special would happen but I didn't know what then I walked to my room to work on projects. Then everything connected to it died so I went to the store and bought it xD (also fire alarms and some other things.) (I think rendering videos starting to take a toll on my PC) Have a good rest of your day!:D
Top Bottom