Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

dO yOu wAnT ThEsE kiTs fIxeD?

• Total voters

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
This has been suggested before, I know, I think maybe even by me once. But it still hasn't been done while it's an easy fix.

All the eggwars kits are balanced around the [Normal] [Normal] gamerules, and even though they become somewhat unbalanced when the healthbar gamerules change, some become borderline OP or useless when the Item Types change.
We all pretty much already know which kits I'm talking about, but i'm quickly gonna list them anyway for convenience sake.
I won't give possible solutions to all of them, however, some are painfully obvious to fix so I will note those down.

When the Item Types are set to Hardcore...

...Egg Armour is ridiculously overpowered, a kit worth 4 iron and about 5 seconds of spared time in both other item type-gamerules is suddenly worth 20x more iron and saves the user an insane ammount of time each time he/she dies.
...Both the buffer-kit and Healer kit become worth more too, since you don't naturally regen in hardcore, they too should be nerfed to create a more even playing field.

When the Item Types are set to Overpowered...

...Egg Armour is not usable, since all the swords have sharp V you might as well not wear any gear at all, the value of the kit plummets in OP. Just make the gear have the same enchantments as the gear you can buy in the shop, just like with Normal Item types.
...Feather Feet loses half of it's use, the chainmail boots also don't have the protection enchantment on them. They are too borderline useless. You're basically only able to uitilise one half of the kit.

Rabbit and Shell Cracker both also gain and lose some value when the item types vary, but I still feel like they're not really unbalanced, just on the edge.

Small problem, easy solutions :)

bai

Chr7st

Jan 18, 2020
Paraguay
Totally agree. It's very frustrating to to not have a kit that is balanced, personally I don't like the addition of Overpowered just because it messes up my high speed gameplay. Plus to vote you need Eggwars rank, which, last time I checked about 10 dollars. Overpowered feels like an excuse to buy the rank.
Thanks for the suggestion hope they update!
Sincerely
Chr7st

Reactions: RPoule

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I don't see the problem if everyone has a kit? It is balanced right?
Not if it switches gamemodes, Egg Armour is a literal scam in Overpowered item types. It gives the player (who, since he's using it clearly isn't an Eggwars Veteran or anything of that sort) a sense of protection while he's pretty much just as well-protected as a player without any armour at all. And he payed what, 600 points or something? Could be more could be less, either way you're getting scammed big time.

The very same kit then becomes the most overpowered and unbalanced kit on the whole entire network when the item-types get selected to be Hardcore.

Add this thread to this story, and you'll get occasions where both Hardcore and Overpowered get 1 vote, there's a 50/50 chance you'll either select an overpowered kit, or a useless one, tell me, how is this balanced?

And I guess, what you're presumably suggesting is for everyone to just select the same kit. But that kindoff defeats the point of kits in the first place doesn't it? Ruïns kit-meta's and that's not fair towards players who don't own every kit yet.

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
This has been suggested before, I know, I think maybe even by me once. But it still hasn't been done while it's an easy fix.

All the eggwars kits are balanced around the [Normal] [Normal] gamerules, and even though they become somewhat unbalanced when the healthbar gamerules change, some become borderline OP or useless when the Item Types change.
We all pretty much already know which kits I'm talking about, but i'm quickly gonna list them anyway for convenience sake.
I won't give possible solutions to all of them, however, some are painfully obvious to fix so I will note those down.

When the Item Types are set to Hardcore...

...Egg Armour is ridiculously overpowered, a kit worth 4 iron and about 5 seconds of spared time in both other item type-gamerules is suddenly worth 20x more iron and saves the user an insane ammount of time each time he/she dies.
...Both the buffer-kit and Healer kit become worth more too, since you don't naturally regen in hardcore, they too should be nerfed to create a more even playing field.

When the Item Types are set to Overpowered...

...Egg Armour is not usable, since all the swords have sharp V you might as well not wear any gear at all, the value of the kit plummets in OP. Just make the gear have the same enchantments as the gear you can buy in the shop, just like with Normal Item types.
...Feather Feet loses half of it's use, the chainmail boots also don't have the protection enchantment on them. They are too borderline useless. You're basically only able to uitilise one half of the kit.

Rabbit and Shell Cracker both also gain and lose some value when the item types vary, but I still feel like they're not really unbalanced, just on the edge.

Small problem, easy solutions :)

bai

Please like this reply if you even LIKE playing Hardcore eggwars...

Reactions: RPoule
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Top Bottom