Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Chat filter

• Remove it, I'm not a five year old!

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Change it a bit, I'm against toxicity, but this..

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Keep it like it is (I like to play with five year olds!)

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hey my fellow cubecraft that i love so very much <3
Yes, yes,
I'm not original in making this thread, but someone got muted for LITERALLY this:

:Emerald: ImFqlix: what is your nationality?
:Stone: Cube_Craft: ur mom

Is that a joke? Someone gets a mute for UR MOM. Waw, I OFFICIALLY lost faith in Cubecraft..
Okay, no, I still love Cubecraft, but seriously? With the current chat filter, I already thought we were all like 5 year olds, but now, someone gets mute for UR MOM, are we 2 years olds? Looks like it

Suggestion
#MakeTheChatFilterGreatAgainByRemovingItThanksInAdvanceLoveYouBye

But seriously.. Words like "ez", "noob" and "lkkr" (Dutch word for "tasty", this is censored for sexual behaviour)
A shame..
Oh, yeah, staff said "We do this to decrease toxicity" okay, I get it
I'm also against toxicity, but "ur mom" can't be called "toxicity"

Oh, and just to be clear, I don't know Cube_Craft orso, I just said something to him in chat, but he didn't answer. And if players don't answer me, I'm wondering if maybe they got muted (appeals.cubecraft.net)

@Camezonda @rubik_cube_man @Efcluke94

Edit: some people indeed are really young, but they will ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE hear bad words. On my school, they swear with cancer etc.

~Berre

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
11-12-2017 (3).jpg

@komododragon 2002

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...

Is that a joke? Someone gets a mute for UR MOM.
If that is the actual name of the player, that's not what they were muted for.

I understand that a group of players don't like the filter as it is now, but I believe it's better to have some things filtered to keep toxicity down and keep things from escalating too high from salty players.

If players absolutely feel the need to curse or whatever at each other, they should find another way other than the server to speak to each other.

Tristayy

Novice Member
Apr 19, 2017
Outer Space
I don't think you should expect it to be removed. Maybe just sit down, play and enjoy the game. There is a reason behind this filter, obviously.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
but someone got muted for LITERALLY this:
They were literally muted for that?
https://reports.cubecraft.net/report/evidence/NkSPIurwWjY33SxZgu5Y

Context: User has been muted numerous times in the past, thus no longer requires warnings to be muted for future offences. 'mf' is a derogatory abbreviation. They weren't muted for saying "ur mom", but for swearing at another player.

I want to hope this thread is the result of misinformation. For the record, I'm surprised they were ever allowed to speak in chat at all considering their name, which as Snodia was presumably hinting at, could pose a security threat to other players.

Also, please remove the bias from your poll if you're looking for an accurate result. Staff will never take into account the results of a poll if you're manipulating people into voting for your preferred option, which by the way, also discredits the validity of the rest of the thread.

"ez", "noob"
Yes, these do seem incredibly silly at first glance, but consider the circumstances in which you'd ever use these two terms: When you're insulting somebody, or when you're kidding around with your friends. The only outcome of allowing these terms is that players are offended or provoked into angrily replying, which isn't good for anyone. In fact, I'd wager that a lot of mutes are the result of angry responses to provocation. I'd love for them to be enabled via private message and party chat, but there's just no reason to allow them in public chat.

Note: Even if you were to say these in public chat, you wouldn't be muted nor warned for doing so. Saying them does not violate any of the server's rules, they're simply blocked to avoid unnecessary escalation.

Last edited:

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
They were literally muted for that?
https://reports.cubecraft.net/report/evidence/NkSPIurwWjY33SxZgu5Y

Context: User has been muted numerous times in the past, thus no longer requires warnings to be muted for future offences. 'mf' is a derogatory abbreviation. They weren't muted for saying "ur mom", but for swearing at another player.

I want to hope this thread is the result of misinformation. For the record, I'm surprised they were ever allowed to speak in chat at all considering their name, which as Snodia was presumably hinting at, could pose a security threat to other players.

Also, please remove the bias from your poll if you're looking for an accurate result. Staff will never take into account the results of a poll if you're manipulating people into voting for your preferred option, which by the way, also discredits the validity of the rest of the thread.
He got muted twice, last time for "ur mom"

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
He got muted twice, last time for "ur mom"
Then they were likely muted for either their IGN, or more likely for the continued unpleasant language following two former mutes. It's not that hard to not be unpleasant to somebody, even if the offence in question isn't punishable on its own merit. The previous two reports likely played a hand in the decision to mute the player, since one of the questions staff ask themselves is whether the player in question is likely to break the rules again. Given the evidence available, their attitude hasn't improved all that much since the original punishment was issued.

With that being said, these are just my thoughts on the matter. If you want conformation, you should try contacting Cynamooo.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hey my fellow cubecraft that i love so very much <3
Yes, yes,
I'm not original in making this thread, but someone got muted for LITERALLY this:

Is that a joke? Someone gets a mute for UR MOM. Waw, I OFFICIALLY lost faith in Cubecraft..
Okay, no, I still love Cubecraft, but seriously? With the current chat filter, I already thought we were all like 5 year olds, but now, someone gets mute for UR MOM, are we 2 years olds? Looks like it

Suggestion

But seriously.. Words like "ez", "noob" and "lkkr" (Dutch word for "tasty", this is censored for sexual behaviour)
A shame..
Oh, yeah, staff said "We do this to decrease toxicity" okay, I get it
I'm also against toxicity, but "ur mom" can't be called "toxicity"

Oh, and just to be clear, I don't know Cube_Craft orso, I just said something to him in chat, but he didn't answer. And if players don't answer me, I'm wondering if maybe they got muted (appeals.cubecraft.net)

@Camezonda @rubik_cube_man @Efcluke94

Edit: some people indeed are really young, but they will ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE hear bad words. On my school, they swear with cancer etc.

~Berre
I do think that the chat thing is very dumb right now. Even though the amount of hate for it, I don't think it will ever be changed... I'm sorry, but it might never happen. I still do think it should be changed though. I agree that it doesn't help at all. :/
+1

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I understand that a group of players don't like the filter as it is now, but I believe it's better to have some things filtered to keep toxicity down and keep things from escalating too high from salty players.

If players absolutely feel the need to curse or whatever at each other, they should find another way other than the server to speak to each other.

Lmao, you are kidding right?

She filter sucks, you can't say a simple letter..
''Yes, but you see, the letter F is the first letter the word F*** begins with!''
Oh yes and you see, it's also a letter on your keyboard!
Toxicity will always stay, chat filter or not. You can't get rid of it.

Reactions: A pigeon and Priley
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg: