Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is this a good idea? (Don't vote if you haven't read the whole thing)

• Yes

Votes: 40 80.0%
  • No (Please explain why in the comments)

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters

xKouhai

Dec 25, 2016
I quite like the idea, and to balance it out in the different modes (for some games) so it is not a constant thing someone is spamming with no end is to perhaps lower the durability? I'm not sure if that is possible but you know xD For example, in eggwars when you do buy it, in normal mode it will have like a 1/3 or so durability and in OP it would have 1/2 (not those exact statistics).

Reactions: HackersDontWin

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
I quite like the idea, and to balance it out in the different modes (for some games) so it is not a constant thing someone is spamming with no end is to perhaps lower the durability? I'm not sure if that is possible but you know xD For example, in eggwars when you do buy it, in normal mode it will have like a 1/3 or so durability and in OP it would have 1/2 (not those exact statistics).
Now that you mention it, that would be pretty good on both EggWars like you said, and also in Lucky Islands and SkyWars :)

Reactions: xKouhai

xKouhai

Dec 25, 2016
I don't play those games very often so I didn't know how it worked ;P But yeah, that could counter the fact that people will spam since in lucky islands the chances of the rod will be low and even if they do manage to get it they only have so many uses on it that they would want to use it sparingly and not spam. (Same with all the other games ;P)

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I'm not sold on the idea, as it can cause some extremely unfair deaths. Just imagine bridging towards someone, and they keep reeling you off of the edge because of their camping.
And in skywars, if you're THAT desperate, fishing rods can be used to fish up food & useful items.
In SG, there's a kit that does something special to the rod and I feel that that's more than enough, as you can pretty much steal their entire inventory.
Meanwhile, for games like Blockwars and Lucky islands, the kits aren't meant to be as good as the other for a strategically seen POV so the random element of the "reeling in" part would play out just fine

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Do you also have a video of how it works in PvP? Because if it would pull players back quite a bit it would be really easy to kill them when they're walking on bridges?
People overestimate how powerful rods are with pulling. A huge thing to note is that fishing rods work 1/2 the time with pulling as they are bugged in vanilla still. Rods also only pull well if the hooked player is falling or if the person and if the person using the rod is running in the opposite direction and has a bit of height on the other person. Also a big thing to note is that if the hooked player is on a cliff (or bridge) above the the player using the rod they will only be pulled to the edge of the bridge at the most. I just ♡ fishing rods in 1.9 and really wish they were in every game on cubecraft (including blockband) ♡♡♡♡
Other ban wants in that quote pulling a sprinting player will only move them a couple blocks depending how far away the person is and the velocity of the faster it seems (may not really have an effect) I would say the best pull you could get would be 15 blocks if you were sprinting in the other direction, at a far distance, and the hooked player was falling or mid jump. My practice server doesn't have void of course but still the rods are near worthless except to prevent people from running away or playing defensively

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I'm not sold on the idea, as it can cause some extremely unfair deaths. Just imagine bridging towards someone, and they keep reeling you off of the edge because of their camping.
As long as your sneaking and above the other player you will not be pulled off. Not to mention that the rod only works half the time, is very slow compared to an arrow/snowball, and has very limited range. Overall it would be very easily countered and probably always better to use a bow rather than a rod.

In SG, there's a kit that does something special to the rod and I feel that that's more than enough, as you can pretty much steal their entire inventory.
That kit is a joke xD you can go through an entire rod and get only about 8 items :P almost useless IMO.

Anyway rods in 1.9 are just kinda my thing and I would go as far to say I was the first to effectively use then in 1.9 pvp :P I just love rods so much and I've been waiting for them to work on cubecraft for so long :)

Play3rSlay3r

Jan 4, 2017
A pineapple under da sea
You would then have to have different strategies then, for example, build upwards in a staircase, or if you're already hooked onto the fishing rod, then place blocks in front of you to not get pulled :)

As for BlockWars, it would be hard to get someone who is running away (It is possible though, don't get me wrong :)), and if you do eventually get the person with the flag, the team would have to help to protect the one running with the flag making BlockWars more into a "Team" game instead of you winning alone and everyone else takes the win too :p
I'm with you, and even if people don't like the rod on eggwars for example, they could use the old fashioned Punch 1 Bow, no one said the punch 1 bow was too op that it knocked people over the edge and you can camp it, also I can see this being worth diamonds and harder to gain instead of it being at your service.-Slay3r

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
As I believe this was suggested before, but I disagree for some games like Eggwars/ Skywars/ Luck island because it will be way too easy to grab people up to void, so it will be a way to overpowered. I thought there is a fishing rod on SG already? I totally agree with Minerware/Block wars

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It would become to OP even to kill 5 people on a team
But im also have an idea add nockback on it and have some laughs this seems like a item for emerald gens
Also while im at it Sheilds belong in misc items :P

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Couldn't find a better video than this one example. (You can see it at the start, at 14:56 or at 15:46)
(Video taken from Huahwi, pls no hate<3)

It would be really hard to get someone when walking off a bridge because first, you're moving so they have to guess where their rod is going to land, second, they most likely have a long distance from themselves and the bridge, and third, if they caught you and you keep running before they retrieve the rod, the line would break cause of the distance.

Just to add to this post that has nothing to do with was I just said^... Another strategy of using it would be for example when you're on a bridge trying to go on someone's island but you don't jump or go there because you fear to get hit off, if you use the Fishing Rod and pull that person, you could get the kill, and even if you don't pull them off their island, then your opponent would most likely go to a safer spot than being on the front line to death :p
I wouldn't risk ruining EggWars, Skywars etc. just by adding this fishing rod to be honest. It would be nice if this could get tested to see how it works in action in games like EggWars etc.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I wouldn't risk ruining EggWars, Skywars etc. just by adding this fishing rod to be honest. It would be nice if this could get tested to see how it works in action in games like EggWars etc.
I a finally know a server that has fishing rods in its 1.9 skywars I might see if I could play a couple games and tell you how it works out :P

Mouchodon

Jul 4, 2016
looks like another weapon for campers and arrow spammers to avoid combat
obi-wan: It's over Anakin, i have the high ground... and a fishing rod

It would be definitely and awful idea if there is no way to detach the rod once you get fished, like a sword swing should be able to cut the line.
maybe in op is not a bad idea as you anyway need to use tricks and hoaxes to kill players but not in normal pls

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
looks like another weapon for campers and arrow spammers to avoid combat
Since when is bow-spamming not combat? As how annoying it can be for everyone, anything that deals damage to another player intentionally could be defined as combat.

It would be definitely and awful idea if there is no way to detach the rod once you get fished, like a sword swing should be able to cut the line.
maybe in op is not a bad idea as you anyway need to use tricks and hoaxes to kill players but not in normal pls
You could just put a block between you and the person who tagged you and then when he pulls back, nothing happens, or just run away till the line breaks because of the distance :P

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom