Remove fire aspect?

• Total voters

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Really curious to see other people's opinions on this and if it's just a me thing or not

Issue: So in Skywars with OP chest items, fire aspect swords are super common. This really just ruins the whole mode for me, I feel like the constant damage ticks and how much the view is blocked while you're on fire takes a lot of the skill out of fights, and it just turns into trading hits and whoever has the better armor wins. Obviously combos etc. are still possible, especially with a texture pack that limits how much view fire blocks, but I shouldn't have to change my pack to play a gamemode.

Solution: I can see two viable options that would somewhat fix the issue for me
  • Just remove fire aspect from the mode entirely
    • Fire aspect isn't really a necessary part of the mode, and fights would be a lot more enjoyable without it in every one of them
  • Only include fire aspect in mid chests
    • This way if there are people that like fire aspect (interested in the poll), the mode can keep it, but make it rarer so it's not the dominating factor in every single fight
OP items in Skywars is by far the least voted for mode, and I think this improvement could bump its popularity a bit, but I'd love to hear everyone's feedback on this.
-Dean

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I disagree. Try to use water buckets or eat instantly after every fight. This makes the fire stop or you'll take less damage.

I see that the damage is not really the point, but water is key in overpowered skywars.

Reactions: Deann

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
I disagree. Try to use water buckets or eat instantly after every fight. This makes the fire stop or you'll take less damage.

I see that the damage is not really the point, but water is key in overpowered skywars.
Yeah I get that, water's pretty important, I just find it irritating to have to swap to a water bucket and use it multiple times during a fight.
Personal preference ig, thanks for the input :]

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
Another way to circumvent fire aspect is to have fire protection on your armor since in addition to reducing fire damage, it reduces the time you are on fire for. I believe that 5 or 6 levels will prevent you from taking any ticks of fire damage (at least from fire aspect 1), and 8 levels will prevent your character form being on fire at all. So you can make a tradeoff between taking less overall damage and not having to deal with fire aspect.

• Love
Reactions: Andyyy

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Another way to circumvent fire aspect is to have fire protection on your armor since in addition to reducing fire damage, it reduces the time you are on fire for. I believe that 5 or 6 levels will prevent you from taking any ticks of fire damage (at least from fire aspect 1), and 8 levels will prevent your character form being on fire at all. So you can make a tradeoff between taking less overall damage and not having to deal with fire aspect.
Without using an anvil you can't really get fire prot enchantments that high, and even if you could it'd help a little bit, but it's more the damage ticks and the lack of vision that are an issue, rather than the actual fire damage.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Critly wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday, enjoy your day! :)
Dreamer wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Dreamer wrote on xNessus's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Thunder wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!
JustNathie wrote on Egg🥚's profile.