Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
This is a repost of my old suggestion here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/filter-on-item-names.274347/ This is to be in line with the new suggestions system.

In lucky islands, you can name your pets. But you can’t name them to everything. There’s a filter that stops you from naming them to something offensive.

In other games, you can sometimes name your item. But there isn’t a filter on those, and you can name them to something very offensive/inappropriate. And it’s very hard to get someone punished for this, as you need evidence of them actually naming the item (which seems impossible to me). So I suggest adding a filter to naming the items, or if that’s not possible completely disable the option to rename an item as it doesn’t really have any use.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I agree with you but not entirely. I don't think they will remove renaming an object, but if someone as you say gives an offensive name to an object, you can report that person. There is no other way for that person to be punished.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
I agree with you but not entirely. I don't think they will remove renaming an object, but if someone as you say gives an offensive name to an object, you can report that person. There is no other way for that person to be punished.
Yes but you need evidence of them naming the object like that and the only way to do that would be by having a video of their screen which is impossible to get...

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Yes but you need evidence of them naming the object like that and the only way to do that would be by having a video of their screen which is impossible to get...
It doesn't have to. Because if that person rename a sword and kill you with that sword, you can see what name he has. And you could take a screenshot of the chat and report it.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
It doesn't have to. Because if that person rename a sword and kill you with that sword, you can see what name he has. And you could take a screenshot of the chat and report it.
Nope that’s apparently not enough evidence because they could have gotten the sword from someone else and then it’s not punishable or smth

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
It might be a small suggestion but it can be quite useful, it can help make the no inappropriate language carry out to other games in items, so I really agree with this and I hope it reaches 25 agree votes

Reactions: xHappyMood and Quis

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
I actually rarely see anyone kill someone with a sword that has a different name, so completely removing the ability to rename an item wouldn't be that big of a deal. And since getting evidence of someone actually renaming an item to something inappropriate/offensive is quite difficult, I would love to see this implemented.

Reactions: Quis and xHappyMood

Floerkleed

Novice Member
May 26, 2020
Hagrid's Hut
I would really love to see this. It will make the server more child-friendly and it reduces toxicity towards other players. Great suggestion! I'm glad it's forwarded! :)

Reactions: xHappyMood

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Hi xHappyMood,

We are very sorry for taking such a long time to reply back to your suggestion. We discussed the suggestion internally and decided to mark the suggestion as planned for now. For this suggestion to be implemented we first would need to do some research to see if we can actually implement this. If it's possible technically speaking we will be looking into implementing this suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
Top Bottom