Would you like this map to be added?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
I love all the organics and stuff! It's very detailed and cool. The only thing you should do is to mix around a bit with the floor. Try some different patterns and block palettes. You definitely got my vote :)

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
I love all the organics and stuff! It's very detailed and cool. The only thing you should do is to mix around a bit with the floor. Try some different patterns and block palettes. You definitely got my vote :)
Thanks! It's sandstone and sand, you just can't notice the sandstone until you get to run on the ground. But I think I will change the sand to birch wood :D

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Any problem about it? I just simply dont like it

Not trying to be rude or anything but that implies you have disliked almost every map submitted, minus your own and a few random ones. Seems. Odd. Also maybe you could give some feedback to make it more to your liking? It's more helpful then voting no sand saying: "I just simply don't like it."

Reactions: Nutuu

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
Not trying to be rude or anything but that implies you have disliked almost every map submitted, minus your own and a few random ones. Seems. Odd. Also maybe you could give some feedback to make it more to your liking? It's more helpful then voting no sand saying: "I just simply don't like it."
Again. Why do I must give feedback?? You do not know how many maps I voted for no unless you have a prove of it.

Reactions: Eli

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Again. Why do I must give feedback?? You do not know how many maps I voted for no unless you have a prove of it.

Well considering everyone else likes it and your the only one who dislikes it, I would feel like giving criticism would help improve the map creator's work AND give reasoning. Especially considering you vote no quite often AND you were a designer. Also, I do know because I can look at most of the thread poll results that are not locked and when I see the NO's almost every time your name pops up. Let alone the fact I and Nutuu are not the first people to ask you this question. Is it so hard to give some feedback? It can be really frustrating when someone just says no and gives no explanation or feedback what so ever.

Reactions: Gatsbe and Nutuu

Gatsbe

Jan 13, 2016
it looks good but it needs waaaay more detail imo. you have small detailed areas spotted around but the rest of the map is just empty. you made the sky detailed with fish and stuff but left the ground sorely lacking. I also don't like the terrain because it's too smooth and blobby
what you have is good so far, it just needs more work

D

Deleted member 469419

Wow, this map is amazing! without doubt I w
would like to see this implemented in a future!

Good job! :D

Reactions: Nutuu

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
it looks good but it needs waaaay more detail imo. you have small detailed areas spotted around but the rest of the map is just empty. you made the sky detailed with fish and stuff but left the ground sorely lacking. I also don't like the terrain because it's too smooth and blobby
what you have is good so far, it just needs more work
yeah, thanks. I'll add something on the rest of the terrain too, and fix some coloring on the terrain which looks messy.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I’m gonna have to agree with @FireExcalibur10 on one thing. No one is forced to give a justification behind their voting decisions. If they don’t like it, it can stay as a personal thing and does not have to be shared with. Everyone who makes a Map Submission or just Suggestions in general should be willing to have people who vote against without giving a reason behind it. And that is completely fair, there’s a reason why people are allowed to vote without having to comment on the thread. Not everyone has the time/energy/motivation to write an explanation as to why they voted for a certain option, and that’s completely fair. The way I see it, it’s really a bad and somewhat annoying tendency to ask people to give a reason behind their votes.

Now about the map itself, I like it a lot which is why I voted yes. Little detail though, Magma isn’t a 1.8 block so that has to be changed. The mermaid looks a bit odd to me, but I’m nowhere near a good organics builder so I can’t really tell what’s off about it. But it doesn’t look completely natural, as it could. The map seems way too large but I’m unsure of the common dimensions of a FFA map so I wouldn’t really be able to give a good statement about that. Some spaces look way too plain, and perhaps they could use some obstacles, of course open spaces are important AND necessary but they could be a tad smaller. Perhaps I’d suggest to make the map a bit smaller and bring everything closer together, that’s just a personal preference though. And regardless of the things I’ve commented on, I’d be thrilled to see this map added to the server. Really neat job.

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
I’m gonna have to agree with @FireExcalibur10 on one thing. No one is forced to give a justification behind their voting decisions. If they don’t like it, it can stay as a personal thing and does not have to be shared with. Everyone who makes a Map Submission or just Suggestions in general should be willing to have people who vote against without giving a reason behind it. And that is completely fair, there’s a reason why people are allowed to vote without having to comment on the thread. Not everyone has the time/energy/motivation to write an explanation as to why they voted for a certain option, and that’s completely fair. The way I see it, it’s really a bad and somewhat annoying tendency to ask people to give a reason behind their votes.

Now about the map itself, I like it a lot which is why I voted yes. Little detail though, Magma isn’t a 1.8 block so that has to be changed. The mermaid looks a bit odd to me, but I’m nowhere near a good organics builder so I can’t really tell what’s off about it. But it doesn’t look completely natural, as it could. The map seems way too large but I’m unsure of the common dimensions of a FFA map so I wouldn’t really be able to give a good statement about that. Some spaces look way too plain, and perhaps they could use some obstacles, of course open spaces are important AND necessary but they could be a tad smaller. Perhaps I’d suggest to make the map a bit smaller and bring everything closer together, that’s just a personal preference though. And regardless of the things I’ve commented on, I’d be thrilled to see this map added to the server. Really neat job.
Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate how you take your time to answer such a long text.
Also: magma is used to mark the checkpoints visibly, so it would be taken off anyway!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday mister Ducky 🎉🥳
BurgerCat13 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Kloskyy!!!