Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
It's time to for me to go too. It's been a year and a half since I joined this place, but after I predicted something correctly last year, I was right that a lot has changed. I'll split this message into two parts: part 1 for my 3 buddies I met and enjoyed playing with elsewhere (a long time ago) and part 2 for the locals here. I'll be leaving on October 3 (next Tuesday), but there will be a very slight chance I might rejoin should the server quality improve.

1. To my good friends back at home
To you three--Cobedio, SolEcho, and my mentor, hypertronix/bawoo/bombz. Even if the odds of reading this are extremely low, if any of you three find this message all the way out here, I hope you still remember who I am -- this is the same herobravo you knew years ago. Each message below is for you. Take this as a warning and a message that I didn't get to say to you before we parted ways.

I remember when I met you in that game 4 years ago. You and I were on opposite sides. You and your dad played with each other just as I used to play with my dad 7+ years ago. 6 months ago, I met you again in an SG game in this server. I was surprised that day to find someone from a different game. I still have the video where we met in SG. I got to thank you a lot -- I feel like my old self again and you got me back into that game. I couldn't get it working right until I moved its files to my C drive. I rejoined 2 months ago after more than 2 years of inactivity and got my name back from BobSaget (the one who made 3 videos to make fun of me and was on both sides). If you find this out here, I'll still log on to chat if you're online. I've left for reasons I stated in part 2 below. I'll see you and your dad in the game more just like I did a couple days or weeks ago.

The video:

I mentioned this place to you last month when you logged on your spy account to talk to me. This was the place I warned you about. You might remember that I was banned here and the reasons I returned to the game. That is correct but that ban was reduced from 6 months to 3. Back then, I was the mentor and I taught you how to play the game you quit 2 weeks ago. When I came back in July, you beat me a lot. I laughed despite raging in the chat when you went invisible and 1-2 shot me out of nowhere. It's still fun whether you were on the same side or not. I remember you quit because of trash talk and toxicity in your teammates. Before you quit, I gave you my discord tag and number. I'll leave it as "Insanity Edrill #9995" (no quotations) until you friend me. Thanks for the fun time we had years ago, and good luck in your future endeavors. I'll remember you.

You remember me by at least 3 names: Betelgeuse, Betty, and herobravo. I don't know if you knew TopGun (twisted, hero, and those other guys) at the time. That time was in early 2008 during the first few months. Just as I know I'll get banned on this forum for sending you this message, so did he when he knew he would be banned for glitching the game. If you remember that level 55 weapon I had, he made that. A few days before his ban, I gave him my weaker weapon for him to upgrade (and break unfortunately). Either way, he gave his weapon to me, one of the best in the game at the time. You started playing a bit after I started playing. You moved from the European server to the North American one for a few reasons I recall (bad quality, lack of updates) in December 2012. A couple days later, you recommended me to come over to the NA server. I joined in January 2013, days before the New Year's event ended, and helped run your brigade. A year later, I remember you quit to move to a private server. The good news is that the NA version is still running and active, but is sad to see the old publisher close the European server. Your plan was to have us build up and dominate everyone in the game (we were both some of the best players at the time) once we were all geared up. I tried following that same idea but failed. I'm not as strong as I used to be before I went inactive from Spring 2015 to July 2017.

I wanted to apply what you taught us. I started farming the locals here in their games (example: their eggwars minigame) using the same methods we used back at home. Over there, when you killed an enemy, you camped them out and kept killing them until they left the area. We got money and EXP when we ate the killmarks. Here it was similar -- I camped someone out, killed them over and over until they quit, and I got money and a good treat by eating the kills. They might not taste as good as the kills at home, but money is money and food is food. Still a good treat.

I started programming 3 years ago and if the my knowledge of the RNG is correct, you're in for a surprise. If the RNG worked such that the it was called upon triggering RNG-based events (mob drops and enchanting for example), then that means all those tricks we did worked by coincidence. However, you were correct that nothing was 100% random (pseudo-random instead). Thanks for the fun and helping me make my stuff back in those days. I want to relive the old days again and run that guild of yours again.

I know the odds of your finding this message are very slim, but if you've read this all the way out here, I've left this place long after you found me here for reasons stated below. It's similar to why we both left the European server. Speaking of the European server, did you transfer your account before it closed? I did, but never touched it again. Anyways, be careful out here and stay safe. I made a discord account early this year and my name is "Insanity Edrill #9995" (no quotations).

I have a couple of screenshots. There was even a group photo in my archived collection. Here's one of them from an old event.
bawoo.jpg

olddays.jpg

2. To the rest of you, starting with friends I met here
I met a good number of people on this server, both in this forums and in the game server. Starting October 3, I'll just be on forums to answer any PMs/profile posts and periodically check for updates. If you find me in-game, it's mostly to chat. I'll put your names down here that I met and enjoyed playing with.

@HackersDontWin
@TheFastBowler
@xx_360noscope101
@ronnielei
@ymbmg
@Nikoshka
@RayzMC
@Jeff_Bllkth
@ThreeaSan
@PinkySan (it was fun to play FFA with you sans and occasionally blockwars)
-rainbowfoxclone (I remember when I wanted steve beards and when you figured out how to change your skin.)
-Marshmellowbunny/ASwissArmyKnife (I remember when we met in FFA. Your favorite was archer and I remember having Creeperminer210 and I teach you how to play 1.9 PvP. How's your first year of public school for you so far?)
-Creeperminer210
-JerryKooper (I liked our conversations. It was much better and it felt like talking with someone around my age. Very knowledgeable.)
Many more names I don't recall well.

There are a few reasons why I quit, but I'll put down two of them ones in bold. If you would like a full description of each one or would like to know other reasons, PM me.

1. Witnessing my brother false banned and also a victim of false ban on the game server.
Both my brother and I got false banned for fly hacking when my brother used the explosive bow to jump in 1v1 duels and I was lagging in an eggwars match. When we were unbanned, we weren't provided any compensation for the inconvenience. A good solution to this would be to provide a small compensation for falsely banned players, possibly worth equivalent to a medium daily challenge reward. People who got unbanned from an appeal when the punishment was rightfully issued do not benefit from compensation. Basically, the compensation shouldn't be worth too much, but worth less than if a player played the same amount of time as he was banned for. For people exploiting this, it wouldn't be profitable as they would be better off playing the same amount of time as the ban to earn much more in-game items.

2. Good game concepts, but not enough testing
On the bright side, I liked that the new games have tried to introduce new concepts and some are unique. What I didn't like was how they were designed (e.g. first release of Infection had numerous skybasers). We'd cut down costs a lot by having an open beta with changelog. I'm glad the open beta part was solved by releasing island games, but the other upcoming updates should be put into open beta in the future while the past ones (e.g. August 2017 TD update) should have been in open beta before official release.

Final thoughts
One final thing to bring over here: the difference between a forum mod and a GM (game master). A forum mod and a GM are two different things. While both moderate specific platforms, they are not interchangeable. Both do not have to be paid. Most servers (this included) mix the two, meaning a mod here is both the GM and a forum mod. Specialized staff roles look good in my opinion -- instead of having to work on both, one can choose to specialize in forum moderation or game moderation for most of their time. That's why we split those roles.

Forum mod: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum#Moderators
GM: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamemaster

In short, a GM moderates the game while a forum mod moderates the forum. Some say that the two are the same but these entries and previous experiences show that the two jobs are different.

I already know I will probably get banned for writing this letter, whether that be days or weeks by now. I'm already at peace after writing this and I was at peace when I got banned. As another friend of mine said, I'll share his quote here to remind all of us what to do if something happens to us and we can't change it after the final decision. He wrote this to say that he was at peace despite being falsely permabanned for speed hacking in a different game.

"If I actually had done something I'd be at peace knowing I got what I deserved."

This is heroBravo/Betty signing out. Au revoir.

Last edited:

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
It's time to for me to go too. It's been a year and a half since I joined this place, but after I predicted something correctly last year, I was right that a lot has changed. I'll split this message into two parts: part 1 for my 3 buddies I met and enjoyed playing with elsewhere (a long time ago) and part 2 for the locals here. I'll be leaving on October 3 (next Tuesday), but there will be a very slight chance I might rejoin should the server quality improve.

1. To my good friends back at home
To you three--Cobedio, SolEcho, and my mentor, hypertronix/bawoo/bombz. If any of you three find this message all the way out here, I hope you still remember who I am. Each message below is for you. Take this as a warning and a message that I didn't get to say to you before we parted ways.

I remember when I met you in that game 4 years ago. You and I were on opposite sides. You and your dad played with each other just as I used to play with my dad 7+ years ago. 6 months ago, I met you again in an SG game in this server. I was surprised that day to find someone from a different game. I still have the video where we met in SG. I got to thank you a lot -- I feel like my old self again and you got me back into that game. I couldn't get it working right until I moved its files to my C drive. I rejoined 2 months ago after more than 2 years of inactivity and got my name back from Bob. If you find this out here, I'll still log on to chat if you're online. I've left for reasons I stated in part 2 below. I'll see you and your dad in the game more just like I did a couple days or weeks ago.

The video:

I mentioned this place to you last month when you logged on your spy account to talk to me. This was the place I warned you about. You might remember that I was banned here. That is correct but that ban was reduced from 6 months to 3. Back then, I was the mentor and I taught you how to play the game you quit 2 weeks ago. When I came back this month, you beat me a lot. I laughed despite raging in the chat. It's still fun whether you were on the same side or not. I remember you quit because of trash talk and toxicity in your teammates. Before you quit, I gave you my discord tag and number. I'll leave it as "Insanity Edrill #9995" (no quotations) until you friend me. Thanks for the fun time we had years ago, and good luck in your future endeavors. I'll remember you.

You remember me by at least 3 names: Betelgeuse, Betty, and herobravo. You started playing a bit after I started playing. You moved from the European server to the North American one for a few reasons I recall (bad quality, lack of updates) in December 2012. A couple days later, you recommended me to come over to the NA server. I joined in January 2013, days before the New Year's event ended, and helped run your brigade. A year later, I remember you quit to move to a private server. The good news is that the NA version is still running and active, but is sad to see the old publisher close the European server. I started programming 3 years ago and if the my knowledge of the RNG is correct, you're in for a surprise. If the RNG worked such that the it was called upon triggering RNG-based events (mob drops and enchanting for example), then that means all those tricks we did worked by coincidence. Thanks for the fun and helping me make my stuff back in those days. I want to relive the old days again and run that guild of yours again. If you find this message out here, I've left this place long after you found me here for reasons stated below. Be careful out here and stay safe. I made a discord account early this year and my name is "Insanity Edrill #9995" (no quotations).

I have a couple of screenshots when we took over an outpost years ago. There was even a group photo in my archived collection. (Will be posted in a couple days as they're not with me at the moment.)

2. To the rest of you, starting with friends I met here
I met a good number of people on this server, both in this forums and in the game server. Starting October 3, I'll just be on forums to answer any PMs/profile posts and periodically check for updates. If you find me in-game, it's mostly to chat. I'll put your names down here that I met and enjoyed playing with.

@HackersDontWin
@TheFastBowler
@xx_360noscope101
@ronnielei
@ymbmg
@Nikoshka
@RayzMC
@Jeff_Bllkth
@ThreeaSan
@PinkySan (it was fun to play FFA with you sans and occasionally blockwars)
-rainbowfoxclone (I remember when I wanted steve beards and when you figured out how to change your skin.)
-Marshmellowbunny/ASwissArmyKnife (I remember when we met in FFA. Your favorite was archer and I remember having Creeperminer210 and I teach you how to play 1.9 PvP. How's your first year of high school for you so far?)
-Creeperminer210
-JerryKooper (I liked our conversations. It was much better and it felt like talking with someone around my age. Very knowledgeable.)
Many more names I don't recall well.

There are a few reasons why I quit, but I'll put down the 2 most important ones in bold. If you would like a full description, PM me.

1. Witnessing my brother false banned and also a victim of false ban on the game server.
Both my brother and me got false banned for fly hacking when my brother used the explosive bow to jump in 1v1 duels and I was lagging in an eggwars match. When we were unbanned, we weren't provided any compensation for the inconvenience. A good solution to this would be to provide a small compensation for falsely banned players, possibly worth equivalent to a medium daily challenge reward. Basically, the compensation shouldn't be worth too much, but worth less than if a player played the same amount of time as he was banned for. For people exploiting this, it wouldn't be profitable as they would be better off playing the same amount of time as the ban to earn much more in-game items.

2. Repeating history itself from another server

3. Good game concepts, but not enough testing
On the bright side, I liked that the new games have tried to introduce new concepts and some are unique. What I didn't like was how they were designed (e.g. first release of Infection had numerous skybasers).

Final thoughts
I already know something will happen to me, whether that be days or weeks by now. I'm already at peace after writing this and I was at peace when I got banned. As another friend of mine said, I'll share his quote here to remind all of us what to do if something happens to us and we can't change it after the final decision. He wrote this to say that he was at peace despite being falsely permabanned for speed hacking in a different game.

"If I actually had done something I'd be at peace knowing I got what I deserved."

This is heroBravo/Betty signing out (This thread is not finished and will be effective October 3)
I am not even surprised that members or staff are leaving. Well, another friend leaving, one by one.
This is just sad..
I want to say, you were quite a nice guy and I've met you quite a few times in-game, we did have quite a talk sometimes!
I will miss you, but we should still talk on Discord ;)

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I am not even surprised that members or staff are leaving.
I want to say, you were quite a nice guy and I've met you quite a few times in-game, we did have quite a talk sometimes!
I will miss you, but we should still talk on Discord ;)
I'm still on the discord as active as I was on this forums. I'll be inactive on forums and in-game starting next week.

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
You were quite a character on these forums. I'm gonna miss your monthly recaps, because I really enjoyed reading those. Never got the chance to play with you, but I wish you luck for the future.

Reactions: Komodо

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
You were quite a character on these forums. I'm gonna miss your monthly recaps, because I really enjoyed reading those. Never got the chance to play with you, but I wish you luck for the future.
I stopped posting after the June one because not many read the 2nd and 3rd ones. Additionally, the server seems to be heading in a better direction than it was back in late Spring (e.g. open beta and some suggestions added to the game), so I feel like recaps aren't needed at the moment.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I still remember ond your first suggestion thread about removing damage indicators from the allowed mods list. :,)

Welp was fun having you around. Later bravo.

Reactions: betty's oldies

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Thank you for playing in our community and enjoying it for a while and also sorry that your experience was hindered by issues in the game like the new buggy modes and the false bans. You should make a suggestion about the false ban compensation before you leave. It as nice to read your threads and we will miss you, I hope you have a wonderful future and would like to see you return in the near future as well and please do not forget to have an amazing day :)

Reactions: Komodо

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
He wouldn't be able to read it anyway, but I'll tag him.

@Rynez: I remember last year when we met in SG. That was the day I started to use the forums after I beat you.
I'm the only one of us three plebs who's still active by now on the forums, so I've beaten you! :p (Btw I liked the arguments we had and like @PerryJ said, the monthly recaps were indeed very enjoyable!) Goodbye! :(

Aihegao

Dedicated Member
Aug 14, 2016
LITter box
niceme.me
Formal goodbyes on mineman forum. Almost makes me think that people can actually be good and have positive feelings even on mineman.

Cube is bad but I guess not everyone on it is (except for me)

You're
A
Bravo
Hero
o/

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Formal goodbyes on mineman forum. Almost makes me think that people can actually be good and have positive feelings even on mineman.

Cube is bad but I guess not everyone on it is (except for me)

You're
A
Bravo
Hero
o/
"RIP herobravo 2004-2016"

There's good guys out there, but after what I've seen on MC, I feel like it's also not a good game for me to play. Aside from reasons to quit this place, the age difference is too much and people think it's okay to cheat and commit crimes (e.g. death threats/suicide encouragement giving mutes instead of bans) online.

D

Deleted member 204478

Good to know you throughout the time, later days, amigo. o/

Djentism

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2016
My shed
Sad to see you go, although i didn't got to know you, you seemed like a pretty chill person. Good luck with everything that may come, and I hope you show up every now and then.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom