Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
I've seen some pc players who is not good at PvP and wants to remove the platform based matchmaking because it makes the game more harder for them. I know some people were not happy with this platform based matchmaking cuz most pc players were good and it ruins some people's gameplay and it will make the game much more harder and more stressful for some pc players.

Maybe, instead of just adding platform based matchmaking, what about making a skill based matchmaking?
Players who's not good at the game should be matched with other players who's not good at the game so the gameplay would be more stable and less stressful for those who's not good at PvP.

I suggest to keep track on how often they win daily and how often they win per match they play.

Maybe just make the game enjoyable for everyone instead of making the game only playable for those who's good at the game? I don't know if this is possible or not but I hope this will make everyone's experience stable and less stressful

Aug 27, 2020
I do agree with this but I am not aware of how this could work because you can't just determine someone's skill by his / her stats.

xHaihappen

Jan 22, 2021
I do agree with this but I am not aware of how this could work because you can't just determine someone's skill by his / her stats.
Why not? As AlexTheNG mentioned in their original post, the skill based matchmaking could determine someone's skill based on how often they win a game.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
Why not? As AlexTheNG mentioned in their original post, the skill based matchmaking could determine someone's skill based on how often they win a game.
woudlnt make sense when looking at the playtime and kill/death ratio. lots of people have a lot of kills but dont always win, while others win without many kills by camping for example. not to forget new players who are skilled, they would faced the not skilled players because of their low wins. fair matchmaking based on stats is impossible

xHaihappen

Jan 22, 2021
Skilled players would easily progress within the skill based matchmaking because of how often they'd win. The more wins they have, the better players they face. Same thing goes for people who'd lose in the skill based matchmaking. They'd be demoted and face less skilled players.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
Skilled players would easily progress within the skill based matchmaking because of how often they'd win. The more wins they have, the better players they face. Same thing goes for people who'd lose in the skill based matchmaking. They'd be demoted and face less skilled players.
wouldnt change the fact less experienced players would still deal with the more experienced ones, gives a disadventage on the ones who play shorter compare to others and would maybe even cause people becoming toxic since its all based on stats and no longer having fun or not. would also ruin the whole point of playing with friends if they are a higher/lower level

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
This sounds like a really complicated thing to get right, no number can really accurately measure skill either way so it wouldn't turn out amazing.

Although the PC players might've been affected by the recent matchmaking changes I do think that it was unavoidable change that had to happen eventually. If you had gotten used to winning because most of your games were filled with mobile and console players then unfortunately you have an extra challenge now facing against PC players which in general terms is the fairest thing that can happen. I just think this is a matter of time for people to adapt and get used to fighting people of their same platform, and this doesn't really sound worth it the way I see it.

Having more a more challenging playing experience may be frustrating but it should also make the game more fun and interesting.

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
This sounds like a really complicated thing to get right, no number can really accurately measure skill either way so it wouldn't turn out amazing.

Although the PC players might've been affected by the recent matchmaking changes I do think that it was unavoidable change that had to happen eventually. If you had gotten used to winning because most of your games were filled with mobile and console players then unfortunately you have an extra challenge now facing against PC players which in general terms is the fairest thing that can happen. I just think this is a matter of time for people to adapt and get used to fighting people of their same platform, and this doesn't really sound worth it the way I see it.

Having more a more challenging playing experience may be frustrating but it should also make the game more fun and interesting.
Bruh when I go to Controller lobbies I combo the living daylights out of them it’s to easy.I’m a switch by the way.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
you dont know how long ive been waiting to see this <3
IMG_8461.jpeg
Top Bottom