She/Her
DRAGON its a DRAGON not a lizard... pigs amirite
1599452792419.png

google says otherwise

Ma7mouD

Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2019
Amman, Jordan
I really enjoyed reading your introduction man.
It expresses an educated and conscious person!
Proud of you Eli! ā™„

You must learn me how to write great introductions as yours!

• Love
Reactions: Eli and Gregeyy

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
  • Hello everyone, Iā€™m Elivat, or Eli and this is my reintroduction. I promised myself I would write a new introduction thread whenever I hit 5,000 reaction score since a lot has changed since I posted my previous one. Plus, itā€™s pretty cringy/undetailed.

So the basics first, I am a 15 years old boy. I was born and live in Bogota, the capital city of the Republic of Colombia. This means my mother tongue is Spanish. However, I have been learning English at school ever since Iā€™m 4 years old. Iā€™ve also studied French for some time by now, but I wouldnā€™t consider my level all that great.

Iā€™ll start talking about my history on CubeCraft, mainly centered around the forums.

I joined the forums on Christmas of 2017 (December 25th, 2017). I have always had a special interest in writing, I honestly really enjoy it. Itā€™s such a great output for creativity! One of my favourite quotes, which I have set as my forum signature, perfectly expresses how I feel about writing:

ā€œWords make a wonderful interface. Very flexible, and less terrifying than staring at the reality behind the screen.ā€ - Julian Gough

I almost immediately fell in love with it, basically I got addicted. I still remember posting my first suggestion thread ever and getting so excited when someone liked my thread. However no-one repliedā€¦ so I guess it was a total failure.

A few days passed and I realized I could actually apply to become a member of the CubeCraft staff team. This idea fascinated me and I got really excited! I applied the old way, through a google form, and just waited excitedly, no reply. I was twelve at the time, and the age requirement was twelve. However a few months later the age requirement was increased, they would only accept people who were 15 or older! The disappointment was immeasurable. But it didnā€™t let it disappoint me, I still very much enjoyed the forums so I thought to myself. Iā€™ll have to wait three years, if by then Iā€™m still on this website and I still want to become staff I might as well apply, meanwhile letā€™s just have a good time!

I continued to be active in the forums for a long time, mainly making BlockWars suggestions since I was absolutely obsessed with that game (I still amā€¦ to an extent). Then came October 2nd, 2018ā€¦ the day they ā€œremovedā€ my favourite gamemode in the entire server: BlockWars. I was heartbroken, and honestly pretty mad at management for having taken such a decision. So I decided to make a thread, more than a thread start a movement, #BringBlockWarsBack. I got in contact with every person I could even think of, and showed them THIS thread and asked them to vote in favour of returning BlockWars, and leaving a like, for support. Unfortunately the thread got nowhere, and BlockWars remained as a featured game, which hasnā€™t changed to the date. However this was my first thread to ever get a really large amount of attention from the forums community, with over 68 votes in favour, and 38 likes, I was and still am pretty proud of it! (Even though I was horribly wrong lol)

On May 21st 2019, I joined the Translation Team as a Spanish translator. At first this wasnā€™t of great importance to me, but later on it will!

Now comes one of my favourite things Iā€™ve ever done in the forums. On November 2nd, 2019 together with @Kozi we organized an amazing forum game called CubeCraft Conquest which was a roleplay game where people had their own nations, and had to form alliances and write directives to achieve world domination. It was a huge project, at times it felt really overwhelming especially since it was only us two doing all the organizing work. But I got to meet some really amazing people (@CatsLoveRainbows @Sweetenerera @BringMeTheHorizon ā™  and many others), and the emotional attachment I created with that game motivated me to continue. The game eventually came to an incredibly epic end (Fun fact, the end of CubeCraft Conquest was the longest thread I have ever written, with 6,968 words!). This experience really helped me improve my creative writing and provided a fantastic outlet for my creativity.

Time passed, I made a lot more threads, none of special importance. And then map submissions were opened on June 21st, 2019. I was so excited about the idea of getting one of my creations into the game, I made three BlockWars maps and one Duels map, all of which got accepted. And 3 of these four maps are already on the server!

On January 9th, 2020. While I was on vacation, out of my country, and taking a break from everything CubeCraft related, I had an idea for a thread, a rant thread, and I started writing it. I had taken inspiration from old forum members who posted threads criticizing CubeCraft obviously trying to benefit the server. I felt like we were at a point where many things were going wrong, mainly the anticheat, the staff team, and the forums. I wanted the thread to feel mine though, I didnā€™t want it to be like all those other threads made to rant on CubeCraft without providing any good recommendations and feedback, I wanted to make sure I was being rightfully harsh with my points. But conciliatory and understanding as well. And so I posted A CubeCraft Critique. This thread was my second time ever getting a really large amount of attention from the forums community and in this caseā€¦ the staff team! With 38 likes it got a mindblowing amount of support. Miraculously, @Zed replied to my thread, with possibly the most honest reply from a member of Management to a community thread ever. Which gave me, and most of the forum community a new sense of hope, expecting a better future for CubeCraft. Iā€™m extremely happy with how everything has turned out, Zedā€™s reply and the loads of changes that came afterwards did not disappoint. Weā€™re on a really good track now!

On February 7th, 2020. The Helper requirements were changed, and the age minimum was lowered to 14, which was my age at the time. I was extremely excited and applied the day after. It took a while to get a reply on my application, but eventually I became a member of the CubeCraft staff team, as Helper, on April 17th of 2020.

During the past months, I had become more active in the Translation Team and was helping in multiple coordinator positions, I was part of @Keanu ā€™s HelpDesk coordination team first, then became a mentor, then I joined translator recruitment, and later on the events team. On April 29th of this year, @Elenahh opened Manager applications for the Translation Team, I immediately applied! On May 4th I became Recruitment Manager of the Translation Team and since have had the enriching opportunity to meet or get to know some of the most amazing people Iā€™ve had the pleasure to share time with, my fellow Managers! @NotAName @jelliobean @Fisktratt @c0rin and @Priley & @Majksa who joined us later on! On May 12th, us the Translation Team managers had the honor to be the first people to receive the new Translator Staff Rank.

Six days later, on May 18th, I was promoted to Moderator!

I have since had an amazing time being part of the staff team, where I have been able to grow a lot as a person. And meet many incredible people that never cease to amaze me. So that brings us to the present day!

Now I will give you a bit more personal details about myself.

I have a dog, her name is Kyara, she is 2 years old. Sheā€™s a Vizsla, sheā€™s incredibly energetic and playful. But also a very loyal, and soft-temperamented animal. Her company is of great emotional support to me, and sheā€™s really important in my life! Alsoā€¦ if you follow CubeCraft on instagram, you mightā€™ve seen her already. Hereā€™s some pictures:

My favourite movie is How to Train your Dragon 3, the Hidden World, you can tell by my profile picture. A close second is StarWars Episode III. My favourite character ever has to be Darth Vader though. I grew up watching HTTYD, my friends and I loved it but I was especially obsessed with it. Thatā€™s where my life-long obsession with Dragons started. When I was younger I was really into Dragon City, an amazing mobile game in which you have to collect dragons and exhibit them on floating islands. The point of the game is getting every dragon in existence I guess. I played a lot of this game, and in consequence I got hundreds of dragons, here is a picture of my floating islands:

My favourite colour is lime green. My favourite animal is the chameleon. (My liking for dragons influenced which animals I like, I love reptiles!) My dream has always been having a pet chameleon, unfortunately the more I research the more I realize how complicated it is to take care of one, so Iā€™ve decided not to. But donā€™t tell me chameleons arenā€™t just amazing and fascinating creatures.

During my free time I usually browse around in the forums, play minecraft, watch youtube, translate and proofread cubecraft strings to spanish, do moderator stuff, translation team management stuff, or write.

Iā€™m currently dating someone šŸ‘€

I really enjoy reading. My favourite book series is Percy Jackson. But I also really like The Heroes of Olympus and The Trails of Apollo. I also like Sherlock Holmes!

This section is dedicated to the many incredible people I have met over the years.

My dear friends @Starry @Herrero @Keanu who have always been there for me. Thank you for all the support, you mean the world to me!

@Elenahh thank you for all the opportunities youā€™ve given me and for everything youā€™ve taught me. Please know you have been one of the most impactful persons in my life!

@NotAName @Priley @jelliobean @Fisktratt @Majksa The mangos! I couldnā€™t be happier with our team, Iā€™m sure we will continue to achieve great things together.

@Kozi For being such a good friend and person.

@Translation Team. Not gonna tag 350 people in a thread lol, what an incredible team filled with lovely people that never cease to amaze me. You all have a special spot in my heart. A special mention for @FocusTurtle @IWontHurtYou @Jenskeboy šŸ˜Š

@komododragon 2002 @Marieke2001@ Sheep (Your name is untaggable pls fix) @SanCookie @Sweetenerera @BringMeTheHorizon ā™  Absolute forum legends! I admire you all a lot.

@SummerWarz @Spoon Youā€™re incredible, the kind of staff members and humans everyone should aspire to become. Youā€™re big role models to me!

@The translator recruitment team! You guys are all amazing and have a fundamental role within our translation team. I cannot stress how much I appreciate you.

@Moderators & @team CubeCraft Youā€™re all amazing!

Everyone I follow in the forums is an epic person too.

And of course everyone else I have come across during this time.

Thatā€™s all! Thanks for checking out my reintroduction. Have a fantastic day! šŸ‰
View attachment 176722
Jeez, and here I thought my introduction was big, anyways welcome to the forums

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
Top Bottom