Status
Not open for further replies.

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net
ffgtvJG.gif

Voting is one of the main reasons why people donate to the server. If it turned free, donators would feel scammed and less people would donate. With less people donating, cubecraft would not be albe to stay up and keep the high quality :(

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Donators donated money to the server and as thanks for donating money, people get things like voting OP, Basic or health. (probably) Nobody would donate money if voting would be able for stone ranks.

TlmeLord

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
On top of Rororoyourboat
Great idea! We should be removing all rank's perks right away so players that did not purchase the rank (and apparently can't leave games with votes they didn't like) would be able to vote as well (because again, leaving is not possible, right?).
It's a great idea for everyone to be able to vote in the last few days of the sevrer being online before shutting down.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Great idea! We should be removing all donor's perks right away so players that did not donate (and apparently can't leave games with votes they didn't like) would be able to vote as well (because again, leaving is not possible, right?).
It's a great idea for everyone to be able to vote in the last few days of the sevrer being online before shutting down.
Yup you earned you Rank as Sarcasm Queen :P

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Great idea! We should be removing all donor's perks right away so players that did not donate (and apparently can't leave games with votes they didn't like) would be able to vote as well (because again, leaving is not possible, right?).
Congratulations on sarcasm rank!!!!

back to the thread: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
@TheJeroen and @Hangar555 Instead of spamming "NO" in large red text, please try to contribute a bit more to the thread. (sorry if that sounds harsh but I couldn't think of how else to put it)
Well, if I had to contribute a bit more to the thread then I'd basicly have to copy everybody else their reply who disagree with it. Everybody disagrees with it for the same reason. And this is like thread number X about this and I wasn't in the mood to put effot in the reply for a suggestion like this.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
I see nothing wrong with it, running servers like this isn't free and nobody is going to give money away for nothing to a minecraft server. It doesn't give an in-game advantage so its not a big deal IMO. If you don't like it buy a rank and vote, but giving everyone voting powers would make every game OP mode and I don't think that's fun tbh.

Also, "(it's an advantage because if they play on op 9/10 times while I normally only play op 1 out of every 15 times who do you think will be better at playing in op mode?)" isn't an advantage, there is no such thing as being 'better at OP mode', the better player is better in any mode and if you think otherwise you're lying to yourself.

b2n101

May 1, 2016
If this was added, then the donor ranks are useless to people, because voting for stuff is one of the main reason someone donates.

Judojugs

Jul 24, 2016
See my problem here is that there are obviously other ways that other servers make it so they can get money and not enforce the rather strange function of voting only being available to donors. So I'll clarify why this is bad and not needed and then give a few suggestions to the topic to see if this would peak the admin's interests.

for starters i'm going to just put it out there: servers do not cost as much as you guys think. Server owners bs the prices of how much they cost so people donate more. (this being something i have heard from many server owners themselves.)

Now for the guy who said "remind me again why you care about your winrate?" because it's a reflection of you as a player? Why do people care about their K/D in CoD? Why do people care about their winrate in games at all? Because it shows them a reflection of how good/bad you are. Which is skewed if you have to leave games because you dont want to spend 3 hours on triple health OP.

For the people who claim "people will just play op all the time" well to put it frankly that is because it's not an absolute for them. They don't get to play it every single game. They'd get tired of Op after a few weeks of constant op games.

Now many people donate to servers simply to donate. In fact that's how most servers I've seen do it. Now let's look at how popular servers work shall we? Mineplex. Arguably one of the biggest and most successful servers. They have donators and they offer special classes to their consumers that purchase ranks. (I haven't checked since the EULA change but since they don't make those classes super broken and just make them fun to use it shouldn't be against EULA. Not to mention I've seen HYpixel do similar things lately when i was online so I'm pretty sure that isn't against EULA) and on their games EVERYBODY can vote. Or let's look at one of my old favorites known as The Hive. The Hive has many minigames and some that even The Cube offers aswell. They allow voting open to everyone in every game where voting is allowed. The reason no other server that I've ever seen has had voting restricted to donors? Well to put it simply it just is not needed. But since you still hold onto the notion that it is because "people who pay money must get special perks in game" than here are some alternatives.

1. well for starters figure it out yourselves? you're the mods here. Not me. You should be able to spend the minimal amount of time it takes to figure this out easily.
2. once you finish up on eggwars abilities give them special abilities they can buy from the shop that others can't.
3. Make it so instead of allowing everyone to vote than make it so the people who can vote are those who have played the game in question alot. I mean I have 3 days of log time on the game and play almost every day and have played every day for months and I get nothing to show for it. Why don't the loyal players get any perks other than cosmetics?(which even then is only because if you'rel ike me you never spend cubelets because they dont do anything in game)
4. make a reward from a cubelet be that you can get gold rank for a set amount of time(say a week)
5. Give gold rank players priority in voting but if like 70% of the lobby says "no triple health" than dont make it triple health.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
for starters i'm going to just put it out there: servers do not cost as much as you guys think. Server owners bs the prices of how much they cost so people donate more. (this being something i have heard from many server owners themselves.)
This depends on the way your server is set up. There are a lot of ways you can set up a server. Some ways are easy, some are hard. Some are cheap, some are expensive.
For the people who claim "people will just play op all the time" well to put it frankly that is because it's not an absolute for them. They don't get to play it every single game. They'd get tired of Op after a few weeks of constant op games.
That is the reason why you're supposed to donate. So you have an absolute to play your favorite game.
Now many people donate to servers simply to donate. In fact that's how most servers I've seen do it. Now let's look at how popular servers work shall we? Mineplex. Arguably one of the biggest and most successful servers. They have donators and they offer special classes to their consumers that purchase ranks. (I haven't checked since the EULA change but since they don't make those classes super broken and just make them fun to use it shouldn't be against EULA. Not to mention I've seen HYpixel do similar things lately when i was online so I'm pretty sure that isn't against EULA) and on their games EVERYBODY can vote. Or let's look at one of my old favorites known as The Hive. The Hive has many minigames and some that even The Cube offers aswell. They allow voting open to everyone in every game where voting is allowed. The reason no other server that I've ever seen has had voting restricted to donors? Well to put it simply it just is not needed.
As you said, this is how other servers do it. Cubecraft doesn't do things like you mentioned, but it is still one of the most popular servers in the world. (Second here: http://minecraftservers.org/ )
1. well for starters figure it out yourselves? you're the mods here. Not me. You should be able to spend the minimal amount of time it takes to figure this out easily.
Then don't make this suggestion -.-
2. once you finish up on eggwars abilities give them special abilities they can buy from the shop that others can't.
Against the EULA.
3. Make it so instead of allowing everyone to vote than make it so the people who can vote are those who have played the game in question alot. I mean I have 3 days of log time on the game and play almost every day and have played every day for months and I get nothing to show for it. Why don't the loyal players get any perks other than cosmetics?(which even then is only because if you'rel ike me you never spend cubelets because they dont do anything in game)
Everyone would be able to vote after a few weeks. And to be honest, 3 days is not that much.
4. make a reward from a cubelet be that you can get gold rank for a set amount of time(say a week)
Ranks are for donators. You simple don't want to donate.
5. Give gold rank players priority in voting but if like 70% of the lobby says "no triple health" than dont make it triple health.
Why the gold rank? Because you can find that rank? Iron should have priority of stone, Lapiz of Iron-, Gold of Lapiz-, Diamond of Gold-, Emerald of Diamond- and Obsidian of Emerald-.

I'm sorry, but I do not like this suggestion at all. Ranks are for people that donate.

Reactions: AnimalTamer1

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
I do not feel that this would be a good idea, so let me explain. First off, yes other servers are able to have players vote, but Cubecraft is not other servers. Every server is unique and the way they divide this feature makes it unique. If they changed everything to be the same as other servers, it would be boring. I am a stone rank and I personally do not mind not being able to vote, so I do not see a problem with this feature being solely for people who buy a rank. Also there are other features that are added if you buy a rank, they would not be buying it solely for voting purposes. It would not be worth their money if they did that, especially if they could just have ranked friends to play with.
No one brought up the cost of servers, at least not from what I read. Maybe servers do this, but it does not have anything to do with this feature being for donor ranks solely. This seems to be more against the cost of the ranks.
As for the ratio of your K/D or your winrate, no one else sees your stats when it comes to that. Honestly the true reflection of you as a player would be how well you play the game as well as how you interact with the community. This is what truly counts, which has nothing to do with spending money. People choose to buy a rank or not, but even then that is not a reflection of them as a player. If you want to show how well you do at pvp or at a certain game, then do so in game.
They'd get tired of Op after a few weeks of constant op games.
You assume they would, but with how many players there are on the server that is not a guarantee. In all honesty, it would be longer than a week and eventually people that are sick of it would just get annoyed with how the voting is set up.
Now let's look at how popular servers work shall we?
Cubecraft is a fairly popular server as well and it works quite well. The community is great and the way they set things up works well for this community. Sure there are bugs and other problems, but the staff work hard and listen to what others say. They may not accept everything that is suggested, but there is always a reason behind it.
The reason no other server that I've ever seen has had voting restricted to donors? Well to put it simply it just is not needed. But since you still hold onto the notion that it is because "people who pay money must get special perks in game" than here are some alternatives.
It may not be needed in those servers, but not everything that you can vote for change the entire aspect of the game. The way they set it up is not just for the perk of purchasing a rank, but to also limit who can change the game's aspect. It is to avoid problems as well as keep the number of voters simple. Honestly it works well for this server, but would not work well on others, because of the simple fact that the games are set up in a way that require this limitation.
Now as for all of this, let me start by saying be polite. The staff work hard to ensure we have an enjoyable and entertaining server to play on. They make sure the community interacts well and does their very best to correct everything they can. They have lives outside of this as well, which means that they are not capable of spending every waking second on thinking of new things. That is why we are here to make those suggestions, which if you think they should be doing then why do you suggest something?
Against the EULA.
What he said.
As for playing and wanting a reward for playing a certain amount of time. No one is forcing you to play, that is all your decision. People play because they enjoy the game, not because they expect a reward for clocking in a certain amount of days. There is no point to rewarding someone for having fun. The enjoyment in playing is enough for most players. The ones that do not think it is tend to donate, which is something that you appear to be trying to avoid. No one is forcing you to donate. Sure you cannot vote, but there is plenty to do on the server. Ranks should solely be for donators or they become less unique.
there are obviously other ways that other servers make it so they can get money
Finding ranks in cubelets contradicts your point of earning money other ways. This would actually cause a decrease in sales as there would be no point to purchase them if you could find them in a cubelet.
I am sorry if this was a bit harsh, but I simply do not like this suggestion.

Reactions: Snodia and Buuuddy

Dai_Matsumoto

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Japan
well for starters figure it out yourselves? you're the mods here. Not me. You should be able to spend the minimal amount of time it takes to figure this out easily.
hm...let me think...ah! lets make it so that "ranks/buyers" (NOT donors just saying) get access to voting! :D
....? So you're saying play for a week to get a free rank? lol whut. Lets say, you become a shop owner. Would you give every person who enters your shop (for a week) a free item just because they're so called loyal customers?

Anyways I can't really type much because I'll just be repeating what the 2 people above me said. (@Buddy_CC @AnimalTamer1 ) btw nice grammar, (all 3 of you) I had no trouble reading through the posts

Judojugs

Jul 24, 2016
hm...let me think...ah! lets make it so that "ranks/buyers" (NOT donors just saying) get access to voting! :D

....? So you're saying play for a week to get a free rank? lol whut. Lets say, you become a shop owner. Would you give every person who enters your shop (for a week) a free item just because they're so called loyal customers?

Anyways I can't really type much because I'll just be repeating what the 2 people above me said. (@Buddy_CC @AnimalTamer1 ) btw nice grammar, (all 3 of you) I had no trouble reading through the posts
I said that a cubelet would offer a week of gold rank. Regardless it seems the fanbase of the server doesn't see through my eyes so I'll just leave it at that.

And to the arse who said that I don't want to pay money for the server? Well duh. I already bought the game. No reason for me to pay more money for a game after buying it. If I bought it I'm not going to waste time with microtransactions. The point of the EULA from what i've seen is that they keep trying to make it harder to give people perks due to donating. Which is hinting REALLY hard that they(mojang) doesn't want people donating for perks and wants it to be solely for support of a server. Regardless as I said before what I say is shot down the second it's said so why even bother typing anymore.

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I said that a cubelet would offer a week of gold rank. Regardless it seems the fanbase of the server doesn't see through my eyes so I'll just leave it at that.
The fanbase of the server just thinks this is a horrible idea.
And to the arse who said that I don't want to pay money for the server? Well duh. I already bought the game. No reason for me to pay more money for a game after buying it.
Then accept it you will not be able to vote in Egg- and SkyWars.
The point of the EULA from what i've seen is that they keep trying to make it harder to give people perks due to donating.
EULA is ment to give Donators no advantages. In other words: A Donator is not allowed to get Full Diamond in Kit PVP if everyone else gets full Iron for example.

+ This will indeed stop the 'OPOPOPOP PLS' spam but instead of that people like me can't just play a game of Normal because people want to camp for some reason.

Judojugs

Jul 24, 2016
Great idea! We should be removing all rank's perks right away so players that did not purchase the rank (and apparently can't leave games with votes they didn't like) would be able to vote as well (because again, leaving is not possible, right?).
for someone who is an admin you seem to be quite an arse. I gave a suggestion, got eaten alive by people telling me all the ways it won't work(all of which were just them saying over and over "but the donors need perks or the server dies" which is idiotic) and then somebody who is supposedly supposed to be a higher up decides to give a snide remark on a thread? Man wonderful leadership there.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
for someone who is an admin you seem to be quite an arse. I gave a suggestion, got eaten alive by people telling me all the ways it won't work
then somebody who is supposedly supposed to be a higher up decides to give a snide remark on a thread? Man wonderful leadership there.
First, please be polite to the staff as well as the community in general. The staff are all just trying to help and as I stated previously:
The staff work hard to ensure we have an enjoyable and entertaining server to play on.

all of which were just them saying over and over "but the donors need perks or the server dies" which is idiotic
No, all of us were not saying this. In fact, we all were explaining our opinions on your idea and explaining to you why we think it will not work. For the most part, each opinion had a unique take on why they think it will not work.

TlmeLord

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
On top of Rororoyourboat
for someone who is an admin you seem to be quite an arse. I gave a suggestion, got eaten alive by people telling me all the ways it won't work(all of which were just them saying over and over "but the donors need perks or the server dies" which is idiotic) and then somebody who is supposedly supposed to be a higher up decides to give a snide remark on a thread? Man wonderful leadership there.
How is it idiotic? Those ranks keep the server running, without ranks there will be no server running as money is needed to host a server, espically big servers as CCG.
If this perk will be removed, do you think people will purchase ranks out of their good will? Maybe 1% of the commuinity, though 99% will not as they gain nothing from it.
It's common sense that one can not survive without money, not only a minecraft server but real life too.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

marshduck11 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Ducky friend!
10,000 eggs Eggwars - 18/04/2024

image.png
i keep falling through the “forest clearing“ cage whenever i play solo skywars bedrock pls fix im too lazy to make a bug report
Eli
The return of the Snow Rank

1713448196080.png
Top Bottom