1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Eggwars] Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TNTReFlexx, Oct 9, 2015.

1. TNTReFlexx

TNTReFlexx Member

Hello everyone, just a couple of suggestions for eggwars.

1. Anti-Hack - Hacking is a serious problem on the server at the moment. I'm sure many of you will relate to the angry feeling of tactically playing into a long game only for someone with a hacked client to come and single handledly ruin it for you with no knock back and invincibility. IT SUCKS.
    an anti-hack isn't rocket science guys, it would stop this problem and make eggwars playable again (played over 5 continuous games containing hackers now)
    please sort it out!!!

2. Respawn Protection - I really think this needs to be changed. I agree that spawn-killing needs to be stopped and all, but it completely prevents a single man from getting rid of the egg and it's effectively the defensive equilivent. Could be replaced with a shorter time or a wait time on respawning all together. Just a thought.

Eggwars is so fun, don't let it burn to the ground through hacked clients :)

Thank you

2. pewax

pewax Member

1. I Think That The .legit Plugin Is A Must Meaning Normal Players Can Test If A Players Is Hacking And Then Send The Screen Shot Of Them Doing The Command To CubeCraft!

2. I Think This Could Be Solved By Making It So The Respawning Player Can't Hit Anyone For The Duration Of The Time He is Protected For ;)

Hope This Is A Good Reply :D

3. Iselciour

Iselciour Member

Eating
    1) It's not that simple. If it was, we would already have a plugin that prevents hacked clients. There is no server that has a plugin to stop anyone from hacking. Although, it is possible to make a plugin that can sort of detect obvious hacks, but it's not 100% accurate. Improvements on the anti-hacking plugin is being worked on. But if you feel like this isn't rocket science, be my guest and make a plugin that prevents hacked clients.

2) No. Respawn protection is very effective since a player can just come to an island and farm points by spawn-killing players without destroying their egg, which is obviously not fair for anyone. If spawn protection was diminished or removed, it would cause problems. However, this:

sounds like an excellent idea.

4. HunterNexus

HunterNexus Member

Soul Harvester
    Home Page:
    Actually, it is. It's not ROCKET SCIENCE but it's certainly up there somewhere.
    If Anti-Hack was that simple to make, there would be no hacker reports since the day it was launched. In case you haven't noticed, there is a "hacker" reported every 3.1415926... seconds. If Anti-Hack is apparently not rocket science, you can make it and publish a thread in the Software/Coding Subforum. You could benefit everyone by one simple act.

Just for the record: more than 70% of all hackers reported on this server AREN'T REAL HACKERS. I've been playing on CubeCraft for a good 9 months and have never, not once seen a hacker.

5. TNTReFlexx

TNTReFlexx Member

Thank you for the replies.

I do admit the 'rocket science' part was an obvious exaggeration - I had just come off the back of a VERY frustrating hacking-infested game (and day) and I had hit some sort of breaking point with how laughable it is.
    I appreciate efforts are being made to combat it though - It has been such a problem of late I doubt I was the only one starting to seriously question if there were any. I wish the server team the best success with the plugin.

And Re my second point, I still believe it needs a slight adjustment. I didn't really take into account farming kills and not destroying the egg but it becomes a problem when someone (on their own) is deliberately trying to get rid of the egg - it is the equivalent of spawn killing to a certain extent.
    I think pewax's suggestion of the protection working both ways is a fantastic suggestion - hope it is considered.

6. pewax

pewax Member

NP For A Suggestion To A Fellow CubeCraft Member ;)

7. pewax

pewax Member

Happy To Help This Can Be Implemented If You Get Joe's Attention ;)
    @Joe Henry