Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jan 12, 2017
Countless times ive been killed by some guy spam hitting with spawn protection when i'm trying to mine their egg. I would like it if when they deal damage the spawn protection goes away.

As a side note i don't want spawn protection to go away, i just want it to be tweaked.

Last edited:

ItsBaraa

Aug 25, 2016
Nice idea but you can block yourself and break the egg " if he wasn't hacking huh.. ". and i think spawn protection is good way to defend your egg just saying its useful in sometimes :P

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
Nice idea but you can block yourself and break the egg " if he wasn't hacking huh.. ". and i think spawn protection is good way to defend your egg just saying its useful in sometimes :p
You see, it's kind of hard to "block yourself in" when the entire team (referring to teams of 4-6 people) is fisting you and standing in your way. And there's always that guy that buys a pickaxe

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I like the spawn protection, if it wasn't there would be no way to protect your egg if you just died. And it only lasts about 5 seconds, so i dont think its worth removing it.

Reactions: _KTW_

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
i think spawn protection is good way to defend your egg just saying its useful in sometimes

In addition to what Earth said ^, spawn protection isn't supposed to be used as a way to defend your egg anyway. It was only added in the first place to prevent enemies from spawn killing you over and over again to farm points.

I like the spawn protection, if it wasn't there would be no way to protect your egg if you just died. And it only lasts about 5 seconds, so i dont think its worth removing it.

If you couldn't deal any damage or anything while the spawn protection was active I wouldn't have a problem with it, but the fact is people abuse it and spam hit you off the edge into the void or just be generally annoying while you try to break the egg.

Think of situation like this: You have killed the full Green team on your own but your own egg is gone while theirs still remains. You go to cross the bridge but Green has already respawned. Now you have 5 naked people running at you (who you just beat in PVP fair & square) on the bridge that you can't hit away. You almost cross the bridge and then one last guy spams his fist at you and sends you plummeting into the void.

How is that fair...?

So yeh I agree with this suggestion +1

P.S I know in that situation there a ways to avoid them hitting you off, but the point still remains.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
If you couldn't deal any damage or anything while the spawn protection was active I wouldn't have a problem with it, but the fact is people abuse it and spam hit you off the edge into the void or just be generally annoying while you try to break the egg.

Think of situation like this: You have killed the full Green team on your own but your own egg is gone while theirs still remains. You go to cross the bridge but Green has already respawned. Now you have 5 naked people running at you (who you just beat in PVP fair & square) on the bridge that you can't hit away. You almost cross the bridge and then one last guy spams his fist at you and sends you plummeting into the void.

How is that fair...?

P.S I know in that situation there a ways to avoid them hitting you off, but the point still remains.
Ok, i understand that is really annoying, i didn't think of that. Yeah now i want spawn protection to be removed too.

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
You see, it's kind of hard to "block yourself in" when the entire team (referring to teams of 4-6 people) is fisting you and standing in your way. And there's always that guy that buys a pickaxe

That's what teammates are for they keep other players off you while you block yourself in and then they try to keep them from getting to you while you break their egg

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
In addition to what Earth said ^, spawn protection isn't supposed to be used as a way to defend your egg anyway. It was only added in the first place to prevent enemies from spawn killing you over and over again to farm points.

How is that fair...?

well most players might even know the spawn shield thing was a thing till a little ago I think players are less abusing it and more just trying to protect their egg and yes that doesn't really help the situation with the whole op shield but I think it just gives you a fighting chance so I say let it stay

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
That's what teammates are for they keep other players off you while you block yourself in and then they try to keep them from getting to you while you break their egg
"That's what teammates are for" lookie here kiddo, I legit have NEVER been in a team where teammates would actually LISTEN to me and HELP ME break people's egg. No matter how much I spam "help at <team colour>"

Reactions: Gainfullterror

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
"That's what teammates are for" lookie here kiddo, I legit have NEVER been in a team where teammates would actually LISTEN to me and HELP ME break people's egg. No matter how much I spam "help at <team colour>"

just cause your teamates didn't help you before doesn't mean they never will I've had great teamates in the past so don't dismiss the idea of helpful teamates, also for the futre im am no ones "kiddo"

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016

What happens if you are playing solo? Or if your teammates have been eliminated? Or if your teammates simply don't listen or don't care? Or they don't speak the same language as you do?

With an exception of the Sans, I never rely on my teammates for anything.

well most players might even know the spawn shield thing was a thing till a little ago I think players are less abusing it and more just trying to protect their egg and yes that doesn't really help the situation with the whole op shield but I think it just gives you a fighting chance so I say let it stay

It shouldn't give you a 'fighting chance'. It should give you a chance to run and that's it. You get your fighting chance at the beginning of the game, why should you get two if you've already been killed in combat?

And as I said earlier,
Spawn protection isn't supposed to be used as a way to defend your egg anyway. It was only added in the first place to prevent enemies from spawn killing you over and over again to farm points.

Last edited:
Reactions: CommunistCactus

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-respawn-grace-periods.113393/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-respawn-timers.162489/
Here's 2 extra, from yours truly when he was a forums newbie.
And also, read through these for some of my counter arguments. I will definitely be reusing them.

I will always (and I mean ALWAYS) want the spawn protection to be tweaked so it's not as powerful for the people with grace periods.
If you have any arguments against this, expect me to write a bible on how that's not valid.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Cubecraft is going to keep it anyway because if they don't the noobs who need it won't play as much....

Anyway I personally think it should be removed when people hit you :P

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Cubecraft is going to keep it anyway because if they don't the noobs who need it won't play as much....

Anyway I personally think it should be removed when people hit you :p
I highly doubt that they would care, as they'd still do the same. It just means they die faster but they can still try and do the same thing.
Most people wouldn't even notice the change. And the protection getting removed when getting hit, is probably one of the better solutions.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I agree on removing the spawn protection after 2 kills within 30 seconds. The first time may be needed as I can't tell you how many times I've lost a fight with 1-2 hearts to a hacker and I needed spawn protection to kill them.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday
WorriedSkate940 wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy birthday!!
I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
Top Bottom