Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bys1

Aug 10, 2016
Home
Hello,

Quite a while ago, a new Eggwars shop layout has been introduced. Instead of the traditional villager shop interface, players can now use a bigger GUI that allows you to buy items easily. There is however one thing that has always annoyed me a lot and which is also why I am using the old interface for a lot of categories: The huge difference in the inventory placement.

With vanilla behaviour (and therefore the "old" shop behaviour), you can:
- Click an item to take it with your cursor and place it anywhere you want.
- Press any number to place the one item in the respective slot in your hotbar.
- Shift click to move it to your inventory. This will move it to the last available slot in your hotbar OR to an available slot in the rest of your inventory.

In the new shop, none of this works. You can only click the armor and it'll move it to the first slot in your hotbar or in your inventory. Armor will be equipped if it's better than your current armor. This is really annoying. Personally, I have a "default" layout for my hotbar: Blocks in slots 8 and 9, pickaxe in slot 7, food in slot 6. Previously, I could just buy blocks, then a pickaxe, then food and shift click every time. With the new layout, that is impossible. I have to click the items and then manually drag them to the preferred slots, which is really time consuming and annoying.

I therefore have the following suggestions:
1. Bring back the vanilla behaviour and allow people to press any number key to instantly move it to the preferred hotbar slot.
2. I have several suggestions for clicking/shift-clicking:
2a. Bring back the old Vanilla behaviour, where (shift-)clicking the item moves it to the last hotbar slot.
2b. Expand the Eggwars Shop Settings menu. Right now, there's a shop menu where you can select what shop layout to use (old/new). My suggestion is to add a second button there for every category to set whether you want to move the item to the first or the last available slot on click.
2c. Keep an expanded version of the current system: If you click an item, it will be moved to the first available slot in your hotbar or inventory (current behaviour). However, if you shift-click an item, it will instead be moved to the last available slot in your hotbar or inventory (vanilla behaviour that needs to be added).

Let me know what you think!

chickenkippen

May 4, 2020
i think that the best option is that you can use your hotkeys to move items, and then still get them in the way we get them now, i think like 80% of the players dont care if it comes in the last or the first slot, but you and and others use hotkeys to move to your items, so if they make it that you can use hotkeys, then i think that the problem is solved

bys1

Aug 10, 2016
Home
i think that the best option is that you can use your hotkeys to move items, and then still get them in the way we get them now, i think like 80% of the players dont care if it comes in the last or the first slot, but you and and others use hotkeys to move to your items, so if they make it that you can use hotkeys, then i think that the problem is solved
I use both hotkeys and shift clicking, so I'd like to see a solution for both.

Reactions: chickenkippen

bys1

Aug 10, 2016
Home
Because it's different from vanilla behaviour which I am used to. I used to shift click blocks and food to the last hotbar slots as said, because that's where I always have them.

Reactions: chickenkippen

chickenkippen

May 4, 2020
Because it's different from vanilla behaviour which I am used to. I used to shift click blocks and food to the last hotbar slots as said, because that's where I always have them.
why cant you just have a hotkey at 9 and then press it?

bys1

Aug 10, 2016
Home
Doesn't work with more than 1 item. Doesn't matter anyway, we should be able to use shift clicking as intended.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom