Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on EggWars, try to stay on topic!

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello CubeCrafters!

As you know, CubeCraft Java has been updated to 1.19 and is currently in a Beta stage of development. This means that lots of things across the network and games are open to changes, fixes, and tweaks.
Currently I'm looking into EggWars, which has received a substantial overhaul when moving from Season 1 to Season 2, with a large change to the balancing of the game.
We spent a lot of time analysing the costs of items and how obtainable they are, vs how quickly resources generate, in order to strike a balance and level the meta of the game between newer and older players. We're not infallible, and changes we've made may not be aligned with some player's play styles.
We are keeping in mind the fact that players who enjoy the changes, and also the average player, will adapt to the new meta and won't normally voice their opinions stating that the changes feel good, or simply okay, to them. However, we also want to keep the experience enjoyable for every player too.
We've been reading over feedback, and have put together a preliminary change to the balancing of EggWars Season 2 to try to bring the new meta into alignment with every player's play style.

We want your opinions on the following changes we're looking at. Please feel free to openly discuss them, make suggestions on if they need further tweaking.
I want to also stress that these tweaks are not final, and are open to further tweaking during the entire Beta period. So if we change something, and it doesn't play as people expect and needs further adjusting, we can absolutely do that.

So currently we are looking at the following changes:
- Dropping the shop prices of items which cost Iron Tokens, adjusting them down about 15-20%. This is to get people through the early game quicker, and move into the mid game meta.
- Dropping the shop prices of items which cost Emerald Tokens (Discounts and Enchantments), lowering each item by 1-2 emeralds, making them more accessible to teams instead of single players.
- Possibility of adding Protection 1 to leather (and iron in OP) armour, to lessen the chances of being killed/eliminated early.
- Raising the cost of Tridents to make them more common in the later game rather than earlier.

At this present moment in time, we won't be looking at any major overhauls of any of the gameplay mechanics. We first want to tackle the balancing of the generators and shop.
So please, let us know how you feel about these suggested changes, any tweaks you think need to be made, or any other areas we can look at.
I'll leave this open for discussions for a day or so, then implement them into EggWars to see how they play out.

EDIT:
First set of changes have been added to EggWars. Please see the change log here:

Last edited:

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
To be fair there is a lot of more things that need tweaking and Being lucky enough to be able to Own both bedrock and Java i can say that Eggwars season 2 as it stands will not make It any more fun on bedrock similar to what it has done on Java.

Netherite armour needs to be Removed entirely. Its way too Overpowered and as the two versions are going to get the same update it will Ruin the fun for bedrock players especially mobile players Or change their pricing to Emeralds if you want to keep it in, I get the fact its a new feature with updating to 1.19 and you want to add everything but adding Netherite armour was not the way to go with this as in certain bedrock game modes such as Eggwars mega where generator speeds are there to match the player size, this will mean it is possible to get Full Netherite armour in Under two minuets which is something no player really wants to face early game.

Protection on armor in overpowered should be on by default no matter the enchant level, personally i feel Prot 1 is still a bit low Maybe prot 2 if you don't want go all out with Prot 4 as its a bit op (But it is OP mode so who knows) either way any level of protection would be beneficial to all players

I personally believe that tridents pricing is fine maybe reduced a little to have them used more frequently throughout the game as they add a new meta to eggwars that hasn't been seen before and could be explored more easily and allow for more people to experience it because most times they wont be able to as they have a sweaty eggwars tryhard in their game killing them instantly (looking at you @Fesa)

I also believe that Obsidian should also be reverted back to Gold instead of diamonds as this in turn makes games go quicker and with the idea of making games last longer this would be something needed as Ancient debris is looking like an easier egg defence to get at the moment than full obsidian which doesn't make much sense in the grand scheme of things.

I believe that the discounts prices at the moment are balanced enough with pricing and they shouldn't be changed and are a brilliant idea and gives an incitive to get emeralds (RIP all the old emerald items though :( )

There are other changes/tweaks i have in mind but i will save them for a future thread as this is just for small changes :heart: If this comes across toxic at all it wasn't intended :( Feel free to argue the points ive said with me (Not toxic argue tho) and i will listen to your opinions on them :)

ZynChilian

Feb 22, 2022
Pronouns
He/Him
I think that many people will agree, that Netherite should not be in the game. I think that in ,,EggWars'' everything was good how it was. I would be very happy to have the old Shop Menu, the old items and the old prices.
I think the same about netherite. I think that the other things that you are saying are a bit to much, but maybe some different in the prices would be good.

Reactions: Icouzz

ZynChilian

Feb 22, 2022
Pronouns
He/Him
I think that obsidian has to turn back to the old prices. In my opinion the prot 1(maybe prot 2) would be good, because you don't have long fights without prot and you can't even win a 2 vs 1 let alone clutching a 4 vs 1. Last I think it would be better if the golden appels would return to the old prices, or even to a lower price then 8 gold.

Reactions: Emi_ and Icouzz

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
To be fair there is a lot of more things that need tweaking and Being lucky enough to be able to Own both bedrock and Java i can say that Eggwars season 2 as it stands will not make It any more fun on bedrock similar to what it has done on Java.

Netherite armour needs to be Removed entirely. Its way too Overpowered and as the two versions are going to get the same update it will Ruin the fun for bedrock players especially mobile players Or change their pricing to Emeralds if you want to keep it in, I get the fact its a new feature with updating to 1.19 and you want to add everything but adding Netherite armour was not the way to go with this as in certain bedrock game modes such as Eggwars mega where generator speeds are there to match the player size, this will mean it is possible to get Full Netherite armour in Under two minuets which is something no player really wants to face early game.

Protection on armor in overpowered should be on by default no matter the enchant level, personally i feel Prot 1 is still a bit low Maybe prot 2 if you don't want go all out with Prot 4 as its a bit op (But it is OP mode so who knows) either way any level of protection would be beneficial to all players

I personally believe that tridents pricing is fine maybe reduced a little to have them used more frequently throughout the game as they add a new meta to eggwars that hasn't been seen before and could be explored more easily and allow for more people to experience is that most times wont as they have a sweaty eggwars tryhard in their game killing them instantly (looking at you @Fesa)

I also believe that Obsidian should also be reverted back to Gold instead of diamonds as this in turn makes games go quicker and with the idea of making games last longer this would be something needed as Ancient debris is looking like an easier egg defence to get at the moment than full obsidian which doesn't make much sense in the grand scheme of things.

I believe that the discounts prices at the moment are balanced enough with pricing and they shouldn't be changed and are a brilliant idea and gives an incitive to get emeralds (RIP all the old emerald items though :( )

There are other changes/tweaks i have in mind but i will save them for a future thread as this is just for small changes :heart: If this comes across toxic at all it wasn't intended :( Feel free to argue the points ive said with me (Not toxic argue tho) and i will listen to your opinions on them :)

I completely agree, well said.

Hello CubeCrafters!

As you know, CubeCraft Java has been updated to 1.19 and is currently in a Beta stage of development. This means that lots of things across the network and games are open to changes, fixes, and tweaks.
Currently I'm looking into EggWars, which has received a substantial overhaul when moving from Season 1 to Season 2, with a large change to the balancing of the game.
We spent a lot of time analysing the costs of items and how obtainable they are, vs how quickly resources generate, in order to strike a balance and level the meta of the game between newer and older players. We're not infallible, and changes we've made may not be aligned with some player's play styles.
We are keeping in mind the fact that players who enjoy the changes, and also the average player, will adapt to the new meta and won't normally voice their opinions stating that the changes feel good, or simply okay, to them. However, we also want to keep the experience enjoyable for every player too.
We've been reading over feedback, and have put together a preliminary change to the balancing of EggWars Season 2 to try to bring the new meta into alignment with every player's play style.

We want your opinions on the following changes we're looking at. Please feel free to openly discuss them, make suggestions on if they need further tweaking.
I want to also stress that these tweaks are not final, and are open to further tweaking during the entire Beta period. So if we change something, and it doesn't play as people expect and needs further adjusting, we can absolutely do that.

- Dropping the shop prices of items which cost Iron Tokens, adjusting them down about 15-20%. This is to get people through the early game quicker, and move into the mid game meta.
- Dropping the shop prices of items which cost Emerald Tokens (Discounts and Enchantments), lowering each item by 1-2 emeralds, making them more accessible to teams instead of single players.
- Possibility of adding Protection 1 to leather (and iron in OP) armour, to lessen the chances of being killed/eliminated early.
- Raising the cost of Tridents to make them more common in the later game rather than earlier.

At this present moment in time, we won't be looking at any major overhauls of any of the gameplay mechanics. We first want to tackle the balancing of the generators and shop.
So please, let us know how you feel about these suggested changes, any tweaks you think need to be made, or any other areas we can look at.
I'll leave this open for discussions for a day or so, then implement them into EggWars to see how they play out.

Simply put, the egg wars update pushed out is a disaster and not liked at all. Egg Wars was completely fine before y’all decided to completely change it just for the sake of changing it.

Golden carrots need to come back, obsidian needs to be gold priced again, enchantments should be returned to armor, enchantments currently are useless, leather and chain should come back and iron shouldn’t be your default start which means iron and gold shouldn’t get you iron and Diamond armor, netherite needs to be removed, bows need to be reverted, glass needs to come back, price adjustments, and the water map either needs to be removed or the lag needs to be fixed because it's still unplayable.

I understand that you don't want to make major changes, but players aren't going to be happy until you fix their favorite game. I'm also not saying remove all the new items, but a lot of what was done just simply doesn't work for the player base or egg wars it's self.

Last edited:

Entitypizza

Jul 19, 2022
Belgium
This is a step in the right direction, however I still believe reverting to the old Eggwars is a much better option. If you want to add 1.19 items like the crossbow and trident to the old egg, that's fine. It will be easy enough to balance.
Balancing the new Eggwars to a similar degree as the old version will take ages, and up until that point it will remain a worse version than the one we had. Sure, newbies will adapt fast, but the old egg was just as easy to get into and enjoy. I don't get why it had to change, it was one of Cube's trademarks and best projects to date. Eggwars had one of the least toxic and most passionate playerbases, of which the players are currently very disappointed and seeing their friends quit the server one by one. Please, change the things that have to change, Eggwars isn't one of them.

Last edited:

ZynChilian

Feb 22, 2022
Pronouns
He/Him
I think that obsidian has to turn back to the old prices. In my opinion the prot 1(maybe prot 2) would be good, because you don't have long fights without prot and you can't even win a 2 vs 1 let alone clutching a 4 vs 1. Last I think it would be better if the golden appels would return to the old prices, or even to a lower price then 8 gold.
I forgot to mention that in my opinion a maximum of 16 iron at a iron gen is too low. Maybe the old was too much, but it would be nice if its higher.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

ZynChilian

Feb 22, 2022
Pronouns
He/Him
I also found that the iron sword is a little bit to low in price, its only 8 gold. With one time going on the gen you have him.

asoja

Jun 7, 2016
I've read all the replies and I'd have to agree the most with removing the netherite armour as it's very overpowered and I don't get why there is Ancient debris in the game anyway. The enchantment table is another thing that I believe isn't needed because it just means if you're solo cause your teammate left then you will automatically lose since the other teams will have fully enchanted armour.

Reactions: Twiggo and Icouzz

xJerre

Apr 5, 2023
Hello CubeCrafters!

I'll leave this open for discussions for a day or so, then implement them into EggWars to see how they play
Hello CubeCrafters!

What is up w the trident why is there a trident in eggwars? And u can 2 hit a full iron with a wood sword ? that doesnt seem right. The old game was more skillbased the good ones were good the bad ones tried their best, and now there is just get netherite and boom no kb whatsoever... The emeralds should go back to what they were, so that they dont just make things cheaper and enchant stuff with them. The old shop was better! And the texture pack takes all my fps and ram and gpu at 100% all the time when in lobby/game.

GIACCRAFT

Novice Member
Jun 10, 2020
I’d like eggwars as it was before. However, if that’s not possible, just try to make prices and items as balanced as it was before the update.
Today I’ve played eggwars for the first time and in 1-2 minutes I already had netherite armor and sword. That’s toooo OP (and it wasn’t OP mode) Currently, early game doesn’t exist anymore!! You start and you have all your gear done right after. Just fix this. make the game more challenging as it perfectly was before the update.
Furthermore, the shield ruins pvp. It’s like an infallible protection that isn’t realistic even a bit.
Thank you for reading

EntityRqised

May 29, 2019
United Kingdom
Pronouns
She/Her
Hii! First of all, I'd like to actually appreciate how much hard work must have occured for such a great project and I don't want this feedback to be taken badly.
It's just some of my opinions as an avid Eggwars Sweat I guess lol 🤣

I'd like to mention that I think adding 1.19 items like tridents and crossbows, is actually quite fun! Also, the discounting of prices and enchantment table, I think is a cool addition!

However, I do have some opinions on some of the pricings of the game and some of the new additions added, some of which have already been mentioned by @Salty_Shadows <3

- Firstly, 4 diamonds for a bow. I really think this should be reconsidered, as I find it low for such a heavy weapon. An example --> A player in my most recent game obtained a bow in around 1.2 minutes on the map Mushroom. Ultimately resulting in them bowing everyone off and winning. I know it's not as simple as that. However, I do suggest perhaps heightening the price to at least 8-10 diamonds as there's only one bow unless you count the additional CrossBow and the punch bow you can get on some modes via emeralds.

- Moreover, I question why Baked Potato's, I mean they are nice food, however I'm not sure removing the whole carrot category and replacing it with potatoes is most suitable. I feel like golden carrots were a LOT of players' favoured food option when playing the game. The 'normal' carrots themselves did seem pretty useless but a cheap alternative, which baked potato could pose as I guess.
--> Also, I think that the price of steak is a bit expensive, especially for one of them. Whereas before they costed one iron per steak.

- I think this would be a pretty good idea to implement!
Raising the cost of Tridents to make them more common in the later game rather than earlier.
- Like I said previously, I really think the discounting prices and the enchantment table at mid is a cool addition. Although, the way we obtain the emeralds is a bit unreasonable and unfair (for new players..maybe)
An example --> If a good player, gets 2/3 eggs and a couple eliminations it'll almost be impossible for the other team to fight them as they've got all of those emeralds which they can buy the new discounts or a punch bow. I personally, think having a emerald generator still would make it a bit more reasonable and not too overpowered.
--> I'm afraid that newer players would also have a smaller chance with this addition.
--> Additionally, I believe emeralds should be utilised throughout the game, yet sometimes the game goes a long time without an egg or an elimination so they may only be beneficial towards the end and probably won't need them later on anyways as they've killed most of the map! 🤣
- Furthermore, I think this has been previously mentioned, however, I personally think the pricing for Obsidian is a little high. Personally, I think it should return to purchase Obsidian with Gold at least, even if you raise the pricing of that, perhaps?
--> Notably, you'd still need diamonds to break even Ancient Debris (which you can get with gold from your base) as it takes 25 seconds to break with an Iron Pickaxe. The suggestion I am making is that pickaxes and egg defences aren't quite balanced. So perhaps make pickaxes cheaper in price. (?)

- FINALLY, I think Shears should maybe be implemented as wool is now a block that is purchasable and could be quite funny!

Thank you (if you're still reading)

As I stated previously, I hope this doesn't come across toxic by any means! It is by far not intended that way :D

Have an amazing day/night! ♥️

xNessus

Mar 7, 2022
Palestine
www.instagram.com
We need the old shop in Egg wars , it would be great if crossbow and trident were added to it, it would be a great addition, but netherite is overrated and the prices of bow and obsidian are not reasonable, so this should be considered.

I also suggest removing the "Enchanting Table" because there is a fire aspect enchantment and this is a very annoying enchantment.

There are also annoying enchantments, so I suggest removing it permanently

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
So the first thing I want to ask about, is that I've gotten conflicting reports of how long the early game lasts.

I've been told by some people that it's too long, taking several minutes to get enough Iron Tokens to progress quick enough. And from other people I've been told it's too easy to get up to Diamond / Netherite armour. So I'm now trying to understand what it is causing these two separate opinions. If people can let me know which way they feel, and why, on this matter, we can try to get this issue solved.

Secondly, reviewing the strength of the Egg Defence blocks vs Pickaxes:
Obsidian is intended to be a later game defence, which is why Ancient Debris was added as a mid-late game defence. We can lower the cost of Pickaxes to allow people an earlier opportunity to take on these stronger defences?
What are people's ideas on this?

Third, we can look at raising the cost of Netherite armour. (Weapons too? Or are these in a stable position?)
The current estimate is to raise the cost of a full set to 64 Diamond Tokens (Edit: For Normal, and adjusted for other modes), adding on 5/6 Diamond Tokens onto each armour piece, making this much later game than it currently is.

Fourth, we can raise the cost of bows, as feedback on them is that they're too easy to obtain. What do people think would be a fair price for these (please state which game mode you're thinking of for this).

I also want to touch on why we're not making major change to the costs of some items, as if we change lots of things a lot, all at once, we can overcompensate and swing the balancing in the other direction. I'm making it more gradual, so that we can make sure it's staying in a controllable range.

Thanks for everyone's input so far. Please keep on giving any feedback you have!

xNessus

Mar 7, 2022
Palestine
www.instagram.com
So the first thing I want to ask about, is that I've gotten conflicting reports of how long the early game lasts.

I've been told by some people that it's too long, taking several minutes to get enough Iron Tokens to progress quick enough. And from other people I've been told it's too easy to get up to Diamond / Netherite armour. So I'm now trying to understand what it is causing these two separate opinions. If people can let me know which way they feel, and why, on this matter, we can try to get this issue solved.

Secondly, reviewing the strength of the Egg Defence blocks vs Pickaxes:
Obsidian is intended to be a later game defence, which is why Ancient Debris was added as a mid-late game defence. We can lower the cost of Pickaxes to allow people an earlier opportunity to take on these stronger defences?
What are people's ideas on this?

Third, we can look at raising the cost of Netherite armour. (Weapons too? Or are these in a stable position?)
The current estimate is to raise the cost of a full set to 64 Diamond Tokens (Edit: For Normal, and adjusted for other modes), adding on 5/6 Diamond Tokens onto each armour piece, making this much later game than it currently is.

Fourth, we can raise the cost of bows, as feedback on them is that they're too easy to obtain. What do people think would be a fair price for these (please state which game mode you're thinking of for this).

I also want to touch on why we're not making major change to the costs of some items, as if we change lots of things a lot, all at once, we can overcompensate and swing the balancing in the other direction. I'm making it more gradual, so that we can make sure it's staying in a controllable range.

Thanks for everyone's input so far. Please keep on giving any feedback you have!

Hi, I want to make a suggestion. Many OG players quit because of this EggWars update. They hate the new Shop Menu, the new prices, and the new items. On other hand, many NEW players came into the server, and it looks like they are really enjoying it. So why don't we just make 2 Types of EggWars ( like 2 different gamemodes) . So both group of players (OG and NEW) can play on the version of EggWars they want, and be satisfied. I know the server doesn't have that many resources, but I think its better to try, than watch this server die.

froz+

Jun 6, 2021
Changes that need to do done to keep the server and competitive players coming back.

1. Change back to protection 4 leather armor(same prices). Gold 8 is also extremely expensive you can change back to 3 gold like you had it a year ago or something. Increasing the prices on everything slows down the pacing of the game so much. Also, the TTK is way too fast in overpowered and frankly feels the same as in normal items... The whole point of Protection 4 was that you could still win 2v1s or 1v1s(with people that had better gear than you). For the people that complain about gap spamming you can just change the price for gaps to 3-4 gold or they can play normal mode.

2. Add a ranked egg wars system to the game, good players have been asking for this for years. And the placing rewards at the end of the season contain exclusive cosmetics. If you don't want to implement a ranked system at least add exclusive rewards for season 2 and so on leaderboards. (Ranked system is not necessary but could be interesting).

3. Points are useless, I have over 100,000 points and can't do anything with them. You could be able to buy more things with points such as cosmetics(having a glowing outline would be really nice like the glowing arrows).

4. There needs to be more map rotation. We have been playing the same map pool for a while now and you guys have built a lot of great maps just add them into the rotation. Lastly, it might not be a bad idea to include solo egg wars in the limited-time game mode.

Last edited:

ZynChilian

Feb 22, 2022
Pronouns
He/Him
Changes that need to do done to keep the server and competitive players coming back.

1. Change back to protection 4 leather armor(same prices). Gold 8 is also extremely expensive you can change back to 3 gold like you had it a year ago or something. Increasing the prices on everything slows down the pacing of the game so much. Also, the TTK is way too fast in overpowered and frankly feels the same as in normal items... The whole point of Protection 4 was that you could still win 2v1s or 1v1s(with people that had better gear than you). For the people that complain about gap spamming you can just change the price for gaps to 3-4 gold or they can play normal mode.

2. Add a ranked egg wars system to the game, good players have been asking for this for years. And the placing rewards at the end of the season contain exclusive cosmetics. If you don't want to implement a ranked system at least add exclusive rewards for season 2 and so on leaderboards.

3. Points are useless, I have over 100,000 points and can't do anything with them. You could be able to buy more things with points such as cosmetics(having a glowing outline would be really nice like the glowing arrows).

4. There needs to be more map rotation. We have been playing the same map pool for a while now and you guys have built a lot of great maps just add them into the rotation. Lastly, it might not be a bad idea to include solo egg wars in the limited-time game mode.
This are just the important things, I think that point 2 is a little bit to hard. Point 4 would be a really good idea, they simply can add the maps from before the update to only 4v4v4v4. And point 1 is also a very nice idea!

Reactions: Mr Jii Gamer
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom