Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on EggWars, try to stay on topic!

Entitypizza

Jul 19, 2022
Belgium
Care to elaborate? You know, in like a constructive way?
Can't fix it if you don't explain why you're unhappy with it.
These changes feel very small compared to the drastic suggestions the community provided. JUST raising shop prices isn't going to solve all problems. It's an okay start, don't get me wrong, but there's fundamental gameplay mechanics in Eggwars that make it very awkward/boring to play at the moment. For example: accessibility to enchants, pickaxe-defensive block prices, the importance of camping mid (as pipiklatie suggested), the power of rushing a base from the start, the lack of chances for new players...
I'd love to suggest solutions to these problems, but I feel like the community has already responded in such a way. I can't make a suggestion that is better than the ones that have already been made by my fellow community members.

froz+

Jun 6, 2021
It looks like changing the mechanics of the game just so its a change mindset is not working. I don't understand why you couldn't just add the new items into the game like the crossbow and not touch the old items and prices. Cube can barely get 700 players now. There's no skill gap anymore.

Reactions: Icouzz and xNessus

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
After reviewing feedback on Discord, support tickets and seeing comments on the server, we've made some changes to EggWars Java.

EggWars - Removed shields (Java)
EggWars - Made axes in the shop only have the wooden variant (Java)

space..

May 18, 2023
I must commend the team behind CubeCraft Java for their remarkable dedication to continuous improvement and player satisfaction. The level of thoughtful analysis and meticulous consideration put into the development of EggWars Season 2 is truly impressive.

The proposed changes to the balancing of the game reflect a deep understanding of the player experience, with a focus on ensuring a fair and enjoyable environment for all. The decision to lower the shop prices of items that require Iron Tokens is a brilliant move, facilitating a smoother progression from early to mid-game. Similarly, the adjustment in the prices of items that require Emerald Tokens demonstrates a commitment to fostering teamwork and enhancing accessibility for all players.

The potential addition of Protection 1 to leather (and iron in OP) armor showcases a proactive approach to addressing early eliminations, providing players with an opportunity for greater longevity and strategic decision-making. Moreover, the deliberate increase in the cost of Tridents reflects a nuanced understanding of game pacing, making these powerful weapons more commonly available in the later stages, ensuring a dynamic and engaging endgame.

The team's transparent and receptive attitude towards player feedback is truly commendable. By actively seeking opinions and suggestions, they exemplify a commitment to collaborative game development. The emphasis on continued tweaking and adjustments during the Beta period further highlights their dedication to refining the gameplay experience based on player input.

It's evident that the team's focus on balancing the generators and shop, while leaving major gameplay mechanics untouched for now, is a prudent and well-considered approach. This demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the game's intricacies and a commitment to maintaining a stable foundation before exploring further enhancements.

I encourage players to take part in this valuable opportunity for discussion and provide their insights on the proposed changes. Together, we can contribute to shaping EggWars Season 2 into a truly remarkable and engaging experience. Kudos to the CubeCraft Java team for their exceptional professionalism and commitment to delivering an outstanding gaming environment.

Reactions: Nightmare

Entitypizza

Jul 19, 2022
Belgium
1684669287557.png

Nice try, admins

froz+

Jun 6, 2021
In Season 2 of EggWars, CubeCraft's visual tapestry unfolds with breathtaking allure. Each pixel is meticulously placed, every hue selected with utmost care, resulting in a visual experience that rivals the grandeur of a Renaissance painting. The vibrancy of the colors, the intricacy of the structures, and the fluidity of the animations coalesce to create a truly immersive environment. This visual feast envelops players, transporting them to a realm where creativity and aesthetics harmonize, underscoring the immense talent and dedication of the game's creators.

CubeCraft's EggWars Season 2 harnesses the very essence of gameplay as an art form, captivating players with its ingenuity and strategic depth. Like a symphony composed by a masterful conductor, the harmonious blend of mechanics and objectives creates an engaging experience. The game meticulously balances the need for resource management, fortification, and offensive tactics, challenging players to think critically and adapt dynamically to the ever-shifting battlefield. It is through this ingenious blend of creativity and challenge that the game transcends mere entertainment and becomes a work of art.

Tommy Boi

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2023
🇮🇪 Ireland
sunsunny.org
Pronouns
He/Him
Changes that NEED to be made:
Netherite Armour in OP mode - Price needs to be at least doubled.
Diamond Armour in OP Mode - Must be made more expensive.
Wool - Half the price, it's way to overpriced.

Aratic

Dec 30, 2022
that orange tree
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Love the changes exactly what I was looking for

So the first thing I want to ask about, is that I've gotten conflicting reports of how long the early game lasts.

I've been told by some people that it's too long, taking several minutes to get enough Iron Tokens to progress quick enough. And from other people I've been told it's too easy to get up to Diamond / Netherite armour. So I'm now trying to understand what it is causing these two separate opinions. If people can let me know which way they feel, and why, on this matter, we can try to get this issue solved.

Secondly, reviewing the strength of the Egg Defence blocks vs Pickaxes:
Obsidian is intended to be a later game defence, which is why Ancient Debris was added as a mid-late game defence. We can lower the cost of Pickaxes to allow people an earlier opportunity to take on these stronger defences?
What are people's ideas on this?

Third, we can look at raising the cost of Netherite armour. (Weapons too? Or are these in a stable position?)
The current estimate is to raise the cost of a full set to 64 Diamond Tokens (Edit: For Normal, and adjusted for other modes), adding on 5/6 Diamond Tokens onto each armour piece, making this much later game than it currently is.

Fourth, we can raise the cost of bows, as feedback on them is that they're too easy to obtain. What do people think would be a fair price for these (please state which game mode you're thinking of for this).

I also want to touch on why we're not making major change to the costs of some items, as if we change lots of things a lot, all at once, we can overcompensate and swing the balancing in the other direction. I'm making it more gradual, so that we can make sure it's staying in a controllable range.

Thanks for everyone's input so far. Please keep on giving any feedback you have!
I agree with this too, I think faster game speed will be good

stenB

Apr 21, 2021
Netherlands
Hello CubeCrafters!

As you know, CubeCraft Java has been updated to 1.19 and is currently in a Beta stage of development. This means that lots of things across the network and games are open to changes, fixes, and tweaks.
Currently I'm looking into EggWars, which has received a substantial overhaul when moving from Season 1 to Season 2, with a large change to the balancing of the game.
We spent a lot of time analysing the costs of items and how obtainable they are, vs how quickly resources generate, in order to strike a balance and level the meta of the game between newer and older players. We're not infallible, and changes we've made may not be aligned with some player's play styles.
We are keeping in mind the fact that players who enjoy the changes, and also the average player, will adapt to the new meta and won't normally voice their opinions stating that the changes feel good, or simply okay, to them. However, we also want to keep the experience enjoyable for every player too.
We've been reading over feedback, and have put together a preliminary change to the balancing of EggWars Season 2 to try to bring the new meta into alignment with every player's play style.

We want your opinions on the following changes we're looking at. Please feel free to openly discuss them, make suggestions on if they need further tweaking.
I want to also stress that these tweaks are not final, and are open to further tweaking during the entire Beta period. So if we change something, and it doesn't play as people expect and needs further adjusting, we can absolutely do that.

So currently we are looking at the following changes:
- Dropping the shop prices of items which cost Iron Tokens, adjusting them down about 15-20%. This is to get people through the early game quicker, and move into the mid game meta.
- Dropping the shop prices of items which cost Emerald Tokens (Discounts and Enchantments), lowering each item by 1-2 emeralds, making them more accessible to teams instead of single players.
- Possibility of adding Protection 1 to leather (and iron in OP) armour, to lessen the chances of being killed/eliminated early.
- Raising the cost of Tridents to make them more common in the later game rather than earlier.

At this present moment in time, we won't be looking at any major overhauls of any of the gameplay mechanics. We first want to tackle the balancing of the generators and shop.
So please, let us know how you feel about these suggested changes, any tweaks you think need to be made, or any other areas we can look at.
I'll leave this open for discussions for a day or so, then implement them into EggWars to see how they play out.

EDIT:
First set of changes have been added to EggWars. Please see the change log here:
i played it and i loved the new update ( mostly because i can use my texure packs now) but the only downside( my opinion) is the netherite and the enchanting. People will grind more and battle less. It will become more of a race to netherite than the egg.

PsychoDog48

Sep 21, 2022
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello CubeCrafters!

As you know, CubeCraft Java has been updated to 1.19 and is currently in a Beta stage of development. This means that lots of things across the network and games are open to changes, fixes, and tweaks.
Currently I'm looking into EggWars, which has received a substantial overhaul when moving from Season 1 to Season 2, with a large change to the balancing of the game.
We spent a lot of time analysing the costs of items and how obtainable they are, vs how quickly resources generate, in order to strike a balance and level the meta of the game between newer and older players. We're not infallible, and changes we've made may not be aligned with some player's play styles.
We are keeping in mind the fact that players who enjoy the changes, and also the average player, will adapt to the new meta and won't normally voice their opinions stating that the changes feel good, or simply okay, to them. However, we also want to keep the experience enjoyable for every player too.
We've been reading over feedback, and have put together a preliminary change to the balancing of EggWars Season 2 to try to bring the new meta into alignment with every player's play style.

We want your opinions on the following changes we're looking at. Please feel free to openly discuss them, make suggestions on if they need further tweaking.
I want to also stress that these tweaks are not final, and are open to further tweaking during the entire Beta period. So if we change something, and it doesn't play as people expect and needs further adjusting, we can absolutely do that.

So currently we are looking at the following changes:
- Dropping the shop prices of items which cost Iron Tokens, adjusting them down about 15-20%. This is to get people through the early game quicker, and move into the mid game meta.
- Dropping the shop prices of items which cost Emerald Tokens (Discounts and Enchantments), lowering each item by 1-2 emeralds, making them more accessible to teams instead of single players.
- Possibility of adding Protection 1 to leather (and iron in OP) armour, to lessen the chances of being killed/eliminated early.
- Raising the cost of Tridents to make them more common in the later game rather than earlier.

At this present moment in time, we won't be looking at any major overhauls of any of the gameplay mechanics. We first want to tackle the balancing of the generators and shop.
So please, let us know how you feel about these suggested changes, any tweaks you think need to be made, or any other areas we can look at.
I'll leave this open for discussions for a day or so, then implement them into EggWars to see how they play out.

EDIT:
First set of changes have been added to EggWars. Please see the change log here:
I really feel like any pvp game doesn't have a place for Netherite, as knockback is already crap enough in Bedrock. I think diamond should be the cap. It also has the classical feel of any good seasoned game without the OP black gear.

sansbyuwu

Mar 30, 2021
So the first thing I want to ask about, is that I've gotten conflicting reports of how long the early game lasts.

I've been told by some people that it's too long, taking several minutes to get enough Iron Tokens to progress quick enough. And from other people I've been told it's too easy to get up to Diamond / Netherite armour. So I'm now trying to understand what it is causing these two separate opinions. If people can let me know which way they feel, and why, on this matter, we can try to get this issue solved.

Secondly, reviewing the strength of the Egg Defence blocks vs Pickaxes:
Obsidian is intended to be a later game defence, which is why Ancient Debris was added as a mid-late game defence. We can lower the cost of Pickaxes to allow people an earlier opportunity to take on these stronger defences?
What are people's ideas on this?

Third, we can look at raising the cost of Netherite armour. (Weapons too? Or are these in a stable position?)
The current estimate is to raise the cost of a full set to 64 Diamond Tokens (Edit: For Normal, and adjusted for other modes), adding on 5/6 Diamond Tokens onto each armour piece, making this much later game than it currently is.

Fourth, we can raise the cost of bows, as feedback on them is that they're too easy to obtain. What do people think would be a fair price for these (please state which game mode you're thinking of for this).

I also want to touch on why we're not making major change to the costs of some items, as if we change lots of things a lot, all at once, we can overcompensate and swing the balancing in the other direction. I'm making it more gradual, so that we can make sure it's staying in a controllable range.

Thanks for everyone's input so far. Please keep on giving any feedback you have!
I think I can answer why you're getting contradicting feedback for this update—it's because the player base is made up of speedrunners (thus, early game taking too long with the raised prices, specifically in Overpowered mode, which again, speed runners prefer) and people who are inexperienced with PVP (the people who think getting good gear is too fast).

Think about it—in the old version of the game, it was possible to speedrun an egg with 25 iron and 5 gold. Now in the new Overpowered mode, one must worry about the possibility of their opponents having full iron gear, and the cost of blocks (32 iron instead of the cheap 21) and no "diamond pickaxe" tier system. (5 gold for early game, 40 diamonds for endgame). The way overpowered worked before had A CLEAR early game and late game. Early game was the defense and rush to power (it was fast pace)—late game centered around finishing off any eggs/players and outsmarting those who opposed you (a slower pace than early game, but much more tense).

Currently, (with the help of discounts) you can get a full set of diamond gear with 18 GOLD. That's absolutely INSANE. It's so bad that my friend and I couldnt defend ourselves because we couldn't afford gear, (used to be 4, now it's 10 at the maximum without discounts) and couldn't get blocks (now 32 iron for a stack). We were sitting ducks when two guys in full diamond gear ended us so early in the game.

This may sound contradictory to what I said earlier, but the best way I can describe it is you've completely abandoned the "early stage" of the game. The time players take to rush eggs, rush to the middle, then they cool down to prepare for endgame is ALL GONE. Players immediately dive into end game with this update when diamond gear is so affordable, not to mention the Netherite gear—that is the worst decision made to this update BY FAR.

Netherite gear notably negates knockback. Now, imagine a player inexperienced with pvp—unable to fight with a guy who's not only more skilled than them, but with ZERO chances for escape because apples are more expensive, the stronger swords are cheaper, and their gear isn't enchanted by default.

What I'm trying to say is, you tried to satisfy everyone, but you managed to anger everyone instead. The speedrunners can't speed run and the more laid back players are thrown into the endgame without any means for escape.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
Top Bottom