Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

poll

• Total voters

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant
This map is awful and nobody ever goes for the diamond generators. Imo Mansion does the 10x2 format much better than rome does because you can actually see your opponents across the map.

Make Rome into a 7x4 player map - totally 28 players and four teams. Have some working gold generators at home so we can get obsidian faster.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
If you know that the other team is good as well, you go for the diamond generators. ALWAYS. If you’re a fully ranked team with an average level of 100 and the other team is fully stone with names you haven’t seen and an average level of 5, you don’t go for diamonds. That’s how you decide whenever you go for diamonds or not. Based on the enemy team. Rome acutely has more gold than mansion. Mansion has 2 level 1 gold gens while Rome has 1 level 1 and 1 level 2. The level 1 is ik the front house and level 2 is in the back against the side of the back house. You can get obby really quick.
Rome, Mansion and Orc are if the enemy isn’t good pretty one sided and give no interesting gameplay. A few players who speedbridge fast and then a few with a sword a pickaxe, gamelength < 5min. If both team are “tryhard” these maps are great, the bridge are the biggest warzone and diamonds are key to winning. The first person with iron armour and mid might win the game. If they don’t get hit in the void from behind.
Rome with 4 teams of 7 isn’t going to work out. The map is too big for that. And mid isn’t open enough.
I think that Rome is fine how it is...

Mind adding a poll for quick votes?

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant
In Rome you either get decimated in the beginning or you win effortlessly. It’s not fair for people who play casually and is a hive for winfarmers for leaderboards.

If leaderboards is to be accurate then maps like this shouldn’t be common

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
In Rome you either get decimated in the beginning or you win effortlessly. It’s not fair for people who play casually and is a hive for winfarmers for leaderboards.

It’s the same with Orc, Mansion, Instruments ( I got a 2min05 game on their with perfect moonwalks). Kingdom if you play well (my best there is 3m10)
But this is an argument you didn’t write in your first post. Which I all explained.
Also, the best way to “farm” wins is in a part of 4 doing all the maps you fit in except food and mushrooms and teaparty. In the beginning of Beta Eggwars the 9v9 and 10v10 were always “tryhard” v “tryhard” so took wat longer and were slowing your wins down. I have even found that at the moment maps of 2 go the fastest in Beta ( not all of them but a few)

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
We are both giving out claims without any proof, both you and I should wait to see what the others think.
Of course, you don't have to take those times as an absolute here. I did not prove it. But that's not the point. The point was that the 10v10 amp were not the most effective for leaderboard grinding in Beta. If you don't believe me that I know what I'm talking about, look at the Beta leaderboard. I'm on the first page. I also explained why I wouldn't want Rome to be a 7x4 map, as your suggesting was.
Also, these maps aren't that common, they are 3/35 or 3/36 which gives an average percent of 8,45%

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
No, I think this map should stay as-is for the most part. Regarding the diamond gen being useless, that usually comes down to the players you're facing in that specific map, if you're up against players who rush games, it's safe to say that they'll most likely win. However, you still have a chance to win since you have at least 1 or 2 people at base getting obi, which isn't much work in itself since Rome has 2 gold gens actively working. So, at times you're either be forced to rush in a group to get the opposing egg or farm enough diamonds to buy a much faster pickaxe to actually break through the obsidian a bit faster/easier.

As far as, farming wins, it mainly comes down to who you're fighting and for the most part the players in your team. If your teammates are just as good as you are, then it wouldn't be much of an issue to farm wins in whichever map you so choose to farm in, but the other aspect also makes an impact in the end results. Meaning that if you're up against players of a similar caliber, then it's more than likely that you'll end up playing a game much longer than the usual expected time. Agreeably, playing in games of much bigger teams may seem to be the best option since you'll have more skilled players in terms of your team, however, the game aspects may impact your game results as well. Such as someone failing to fast bridge, getting rushed, misplacing blocks, and or dying. These aspects can also make or break your game!

Regarding this quote, maps like these aren't that common, at times you'll be forced to wait an extensively long period of time for a map like this to generate. There are also times when there's one readability available upon your previous game-ending, but the likelihood of this happening is very slim to none.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Yes, making Rome have 4 teams of 7 would be a very positive change to a rather bleak, uninteresting map. However, ideally I would prefer the map to be removed altogether.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
If you know that the other team is good as well, you go for the diamond generators. ALWAYS. If you’re a fully ranked team with an average level of 100 and the other team is fully stone with names you haven’t seen and an average level of 5, you don’t go for diamonds. That’s how you decide whenever you go for diamonds or not. Based on the enemy team. Rome acutely has more gold than mansion. Mansion has 2 level 1 gold gens while Rome has 1 level 1 and 1 level 2. The level 1 is ik the front house and level 2 is in the back against the side of the back house. You can get obby really quick.
Rome, Mansion and Orc are if the enemy isn’t good pretty one sided and give no interesting gameplay. A few players who speedbridge fast and then a few with a sword a pickaxe, gamelength < 5min. If both team are “tryhard” these maps are great, the bridge are the biggest warzone and diamonds are key to winning. The first person with iron armour and mid might win the game. If they don’t get hit in the void from behind.
Rome with 4 teams of 7 isn’t going to work out. The map is too big for that. And mid isn’t open enough.
I think that Rome is fine how it is...

Mind adding a poll for quick votes?
Ok, i agree judging ppl by their level, but ranks have nothing to do with skill. That is a very common mistake I see on this server. RANKS = SKILL = FALSE Ranks mean ppl have money, nothing more. People with ranks are often better because they spend a lot of time on the server, so buying a rank is more worth it. Rank and skill are correlated, but not directly related.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.

Rome:

A boring, cluttered map.

The starting island for both teams is cluttered and people camp on the rooves.
The mid is obviously a collesium, and that's rather cool LOOKS wise, but gameplay wise, it's garbage.
From when I last played it (3 years ago, minimum) there was a gigantic ring that bordered the map that was always right on the edge of death, and the centre where the generator was was all confined and cluttered.

I haven't even gotten to the worst part: Win spammers.

Know why people have.. 15k wins? Minimum? Just play Rome/Mansion a billion times and you basically win every time as long as you aren't the epitome of incompetence.

Reactions: SpankMeSanta
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday, Eli! I hope that today will be filled with joy and happiness only!!
Enjoy your day 🐉 :heart:
Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Matriox wrote on Eli's profile.
HI

ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY

happy birthday Eli

1714947914949.png

1714948030659.png

here, take some beans:
1714948068073.png
Hoshi wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthdayyy!!!! 🍰
SugaaKat wrote on Reesle's profile.
i really hope this is the right place to write this (im really stupid and cant figure out the forum layout)
BUT HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY BRO, I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE 😭
HOPE IT WAS THE BEST!!
Top Bottom