Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which map design sounds and looks the coolest? (Read the suggestion first)

• Pentagon with Sub-Islands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parallel Center Islands

• I don’t really like any of them

• Total voters

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
After playing a lot of Eggwars Solos, I’ve noticed a few things about the game that could be improved, and here I’m going to suggest some things about the maps that could be improved on.

Current Maps!
Currently, Eggwars Solos on Bedrock Edition has 8 maps: Golf, Bridges, Desert, Robotic, Snowy, Tropical, Mine, and Sun. Seeing these would make you think there is a lot of diversity in these maps, but sadly, this isn’t quite the case.

3/4 of the maps, which is all of them except Golf and Sun, have this basic layout design (top view):
3F57B67B-1CAE-4D4A-A9CE-5DF5B4F71BD8.png
[/ATTACH]
Key: Green = Player Island Blue = Sub-Island Purple = Middle/Center Island
In this image, you can see a configuration of 4 groups of three islands around a sub island containing generators, all positioned around a middle containing generators. Of course this model is far from perfect, and it is definitely not on scale, but it gives a basic idea of relative location and distance from other islands.

We then have a second map design used by the remaining 1/4, which consists of Golf and Sun:
9DBCCF3B-85B4-4497-8F3B-D27E78E5695E.png

Key: Green = Player Island Orange = ”Ring“ Island Purple: Middle/Center Island
With this map, we can see some similar features to the last one, although the island clusters have been straightened out and an orange “ring” island with no generators replaces the blue sub-islands.

Now, these two configurations cover all 8 of the permanent maps given in eggwars solos - meaning unless there is an event that includes an eggwars solos temporary map, playing 4 random maps in a row would likely give you a map following the first configuration three times as well as either golf or sun.

Furthermore, these simple configurations of islands aren’t the only thing these maps have in common. For example, the maps Desert and Snowy are almost the exact same map, as they share the same layout of generator location and level. (images below)
5D75CB18-590C-4E7E-98A2-FDD670CF6992.png

E9AA5318-97AD-4381-8252-6DED06CCCE90.png

As you can see, both these images show a sub-island containing a Gold Generator (Level 2) and a Diamond Generator (Level 2).
E77D9D40-F271-44FF-88A7-8B14FEC0ABC5.png

04AAE4C6-6D78-42B1-9640-CE67961A84FF.png

59E2D732-33E7-49CE-ACF6-6D92A4BC52CD.png

3137AD99-7694-4976-994E-516057469786.png

Here you can see two Gold Generators (Level 3) in almost dead center of the maps. Also, notice that one small difference in these maps is that the emerald generators are located in different areas.
The only real differences in these two maps that I could find were:
-obviously, design and blocks used
- slight size and location difference (e.g. one map may have player islands a couple more blocks away from the sub-island than the other and the other may have a larger sub-island)
- emerald generator location in these specific maps
…point is, the maps share far more similarities than differences, which effectively makes these two maps feel like just one map sometimes.

I think we should have more diversity in maps, but first let me bring up another small issue:

Island Size
Personally, I find many of the Eggwars solos maps to have player islands that are too small. I personally like the size of the player islands on the map Golf, though I think the map Bridges also has a very well-sized island. Additionally, 3 of the 8 smaller maps have player islands that have an “elevated” area about two blocks above the rest of the player island. (image example below) I do not like this feature as it’s much harder for a player to survive a rush if the other player starts out with the high ground. I also dislike this because it effectively decreases the size of the already small island while engaged in PvP as it’s difficult to switch between high and low ground without dying.
89217879-9D58-4329-9BFC-7E27C1E9F112.jpeg

Seasonal Maps
Solos has had 4 seasonal maps before, if I am correct, but since I cant find any information on one and I’ve never played another I will only go over the two most recent.

The most interesting thing about these maps is that they only require 8 players to fill up a lobby, resulting in faster-paced games. Having a different number of islands in a map promotes new ways of configuring them, and together these two seasonal maps have the same amount of unique layout configurations as the other 8 permanent maps combined.

Hatch, the seasonal springtime map, has an island configuration that looks like a square ring with two player islands on each side. (see layout image below) Another quirk is the separation of the player island, as the egg gets it‘s own miniature island to chill on. I personally find this to be a pretty good map with a few things to improve on, such as the player island size, but I do very much approve of how it brought together a few unique design ideas to make a unique map.
0338C536-9336-4DF6-86FB-EBC658188A79.png

Key: Green = Player Island Red = Egg Island Purple = Middle/Center Island Orange = Connector (no generators)

The other seasonal map is the Dragon map of the recently added Lunar Bundle. I honestly feel bad I didn’t play this more while it was available, because it was probably the best solos map I have seen released. The layout involved having 4 player islands on either side of a zigzagging dragon, which must’ve had a lot of work put into its design. (see layout image below) The player islands had really good size and egg location, and the lower amount of players needed made for nice games. This is a map I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing a remake of come in as a permanent map sometime.
A9913C2B-A7F5-4DD0-BDA2-2791BDCE0CAD.png

Key: Green = Player Island Purple = Middle/Center Island
I was too lazy to accurately draw a swirling dragon body on Google Drawings, lol

Overall
I think I’ve given a detailed explanation on some things about the current maps that could be changed or improved on. I don’t think we should change the current maps a lot as a lot of the community that plays eggwars solos has gotten comfortable with them. However, seeing as Cubecraft is going to release a few maps every Wednesday for 5 weeks, I think it would be a good idea to add at least one permanent Eggwars solos map over the course of the event with some of these ideas implemented if the community likes them. One thing I definitely want to see is a new layout of islands if they do add a new map.

Layouts
I made a couple layout designs for Eggwars solos maps that could possibly provide some inspiration as well as an idea of the kind of design the community wants to see if a new map is added for the Cubecraft Team. They involve new shapes and different amounts of players in the lobby to create unique designs. Here are some of them; I hope you like them!
B1E9287C-8C1C-4B2C-B9DB-E3D75B9220B7.png
B6F0DA18-9216-46E0-9CDD-A7CDAB8BE709.png
B972D891-6722-42B8-8271-A8C23891AB51.png
4285C328-0C67-44F5-8013-D7BDF36681CC.png
C12D7332-1791-4F41-99CF-DC5A4370F318.png
9A2A8144-FD3D-4127-9329-67B60D277C39.png

If you agreed with most of the ideas covered in this suggestion, give an :agree: to request a map to be added with some of these ideas utilized in the near future!
Vote on the poll if you liked any layout design ideas!

I‘ll edit all the grammar issues when I find them
Don‘t blame me if my Spoilers act weird, I’ve never used them and this is my second time making a suggestion 😂

Last edited:

human being

Jan 23, 2022
i feel like the triangle the h and the parallel center islands layout would cause people who spawn in between two other people to be more prone to getting rushed than people who spawn on the edges and the pentagon layouts would cause some people to have to bridge diagonally and others to be able to bridge straight but i like the separated center

vasui

Novice Member
May 25, 2020
Sweden
If the triangle map is a team map I think it would be a great map to add. However, if it’s a solo map I think it lacks spawn islands considering a map with only 9 players would be kinda boring.

I would love that map to be in the game if you add more spawn islands.

All of the maps are great but that one really peeked my interest!

Good job

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I really love the sperated centre idea. Although I think it would be better with sub-islands.

Reactions: Iridinox

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
I feel like the triangle the h and the parallel center islands layout would cause people who spawn in between two other people to be more prone to getting rushed than people who spawn on the edges
This is true, but this is already an effect of spawning between others in Golf and Sun. Besides, it’s countered by the benefit of being able to bridge in a straight line to middle. I agree with what you said about the pentagon map, but of course these designs aren’t going to affect a whole map and could easily be changed slightly to remove that issue.

However, if it’s a solo map I think it lacks spawn islands considering a map with only 9 players would be kinda boring.
It may seem boring, but Cubecraft has released seasonal 8-player maps before, and a lot of people found those really fun! I think trying a map with a different number of players could overall provide a better experience as all the other current maps require 12, and that feels a little stale after hundreds of games. But I can totally see why you might disagree with the fewer amount of players, thank you for the feedback!

RadiumWave

Novice Member
Jun 12, 2020
North Carolina, United States of America
Pronouns
He/Him
I personally love all of these ideas. I really like the parallel centers as it seems like it would be a fun, fast-paced game. The only one I see issues with is the pentagon map. Minecraft Is a block game so multiple different island designs would be needed and that seems a bit strange, otherwise, I agree with just about everything.

Otherworld

✧ Moderator ✧
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 13, 2022
the Universe, Earth, Germany
Pronouns
She/They
First, I have to say that this is a well-thought and informative suggestion :)
A lot of effort has been going into it, have my appreciation ☀️

I agree with solo eegwars maps lacking a bit in variety at the moment!
Some team eggwars maps use some map layouts presented in the spoilers
(Unfortunately, I haven't been playing team eegwars too much yet, so I don't have the respective map names on my mind)

In general, I personally think the more map layout variety, the better
It fits well into eegwars way of playing in general, as it has more of an emphasis on strategy

Have an amazing day! 🌱

• Love
Reactions: Iridinox

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
Some team eggwars maps use some map layouts presented in the spoilers
(Unfortunately, I haven't been playing team eggwars too much yet, so I don't have the respective map names on my mind)
Wait, which maps? The only layout I presented that could be already on bedrock is the seperated center as there have never been 9 or 10 team maps on bedrock, and the closest one I’ve seen to separated center is town, with the center being pieced together and sub islands between the player islands.

Show me a screenshot of a layout if you think I listed one like it here :)

Otherworld

✧ Moderator ✧
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 13, 2022
the Universe, Earth, Germany
Pronouns
She/They
Hmm… I have been taking a closer look, I'm a bit surprised to find that so many map layouts are used in teams of two eggwars, as well

This doesn't change anything on the validity of this suggestion, because this kind of variety is missing on solo maps 🌱

Did a bit of quick marking here, those are the ones I could find :)

Cyber City ⇾ Similar to parallel centre, more like the dragon hatch map layout tough
Library ⇾ H-shape, fewer islands
Under the sea ⇾ Pentagon, Forest as well

Screenshot (49).png

• Heart
Reactions: Silco and Iridinox
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom