Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think?

• I agree with making overpowered less overpowered

• I agree with making normal more overpowered

• I agree with both solutions!

• I don't agree with any of the solution given (explain please!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone!

The amount of people who vote for overpowered in EggWars seems to increase every day. For me as a normal voter this is really annoying, because even when I play with some friends (one of them got emerald rank) it takes about 3 games untill we finally manage to overcount the overpowered votes (with our 3 votes). I have really tried to like overpowered mode but I just can't. I honestly even like hardcore more then overpowered.
That's why I think EggWars needs an update to make normal likeable again for more people.

In a thread I posted earlier today I asked people their opinion about overpowered and why they like it. The outcome of this and asking other people ingame is that most people vote overpowered because of the cheap pricings of mainly blocks and steak. The second is just a big problem from EggWars which has been around since 1.9 released (I can't believe why they haven't changed this yet); steak in normal is just way too expensive!!
Most of the overpowered players don't really seem to like the protection IV enchantments on armour, but the low pricings just outweighs this for them.

Solutions:

I can imagine 2 solutions to this problem.

1. Make overpowered less overpowered.
The biggest problem about overpowered in my opinion is too much protection on armour and too cheap obsidian.
So to make overpowered a bit less overpowered I think it is a good idea to change the protection level on armour from protection IV to protection II. To compensate this change maybe the enchantments on the swords should be changed from sharpness II to sharpness I. (The sharpness V diamond sword could be changed to a sharpness IV one.)
Also obsidian should be more expensive so people can't get full obsidian in less then a minute. Maybe change the price of obsidian from 3 gold to 5 gold. This way obtaining full obsidian will cost 25 gold instead of 15 gold.
Upon that maybe remove diamond armour but I have never found it so much better than iron armour anyway so I think it's no big deal to leave it in.

This way games could become much quicker and less campier already.

2. Make normal more overpowered.
So to make normal more attractive to most players, the pricings of blocks and food need to change.
I suggest to make blocks 1 iron for 3 blocks instead of 1 iron for 2 block (Overpowered currently gives you 3 blocks per iron)
Also steak should be changed to maybe 2 iron per steak instead of 5. (I know in EggWars Beta they have changed it to 3 but they should no longer delay this change, it needs to be made ASAP as this problem has been here for more than 3 years now)

I think these changes won't make normal too overpowered so it will still stay 'normal'.

This way EggWars games will be quicker and more balanced. Also these changes will attract more players to vote normal instead of overpowered so there will be more balance between the two.
Let me know what you think about it and if you have additions or other solutions to the problem!

Thanks for reading!
- Marijn

Last edited:

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I vote for overpowered because it seems more balanced to me. It is easy to get loot fast.

you said cubecraft should make normal more overpowered and overpowered less overpowered. I think this isn’t a good solution, because there will be 2 of almost the same gamemode.

Your second solution is kinda making things cheaper and I like this idea. I think this is gonna feel like overpowered, but with less good loot. So this might be a option in my opinion.

Also, can you make a poll?
Something like.

Yes, both.
No, both
Yes, solution 1
Yes, solution 2

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I don't think overpowered has too change cause it's overpowered as the name says I don't think food is much of a problem in 1.8 either. But if this is a problem in 1.9 should be changed. The solutions for normal are great I personally love normal and get to play it a lot even with stone rank as less people seem to dislike it on 1.8. Very good suggestion and thanks for actually writing it!

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
I don't think overpowered has too change cause it's overpowered as the name says I don't think food is much of a problem in 1.8 either. But if this is a problem in 1.9 should be changed. The solutions for normal are great I personally love normal and get to play it a lot even with stone rank as less people seem to dislike it on 1.8. Very good suggestion and thanks for actually writing it!
Yes the steak pricing is fine in 1.8, it only needs to change in 1.9 as saturation and healing works different in 1.9

• Love
Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey! This is my opinion for all gamemodes prices:

Hardcore:
- Steak price should be decreased from 15 irons per steak to 10 irons.​
- Armor price should be decreased from 20 ingots for every single armor to 15 or 10 ingots.​

Normal:
- Steak price should be decreased from 5 irons per steak to 2 irons.​
- Blocks price should be increased from 2 blocks per 1 iron to 3 blocks.​
- Stone pickaxe price should be decreased from 10 irons per pickaxe to 5 irons.​
- Golden apple price should be decreased from 5 golds per apple to 4 golds.​
Overpowered:
- Blocks price should be increased from 3 blocks per 1 iron to 4 blocks. (or still the same)​
- Notch apple price should be decreased from 10 diamonds per apple to 15 diamonds.​
- Armor protection should be decreased to protection 2 or 1.​
- Swords sharpness should be decreased to sharpness 2 or 1.​
- Enderpearls price should be decreased from 64 diamonds per enderpearl to 40 diamonds.​
- Obsidian price should be increased from 3 golds per obsidian to 5 golds.​
Thank you for reading my ideas!

My 200th message! Yaaay!

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
Yes, I can see your point with it being too over powered. However, I havent had any issue with this gamemode. I prefer it over the others due too me and my friends rush and try to make the game quick. But we've played enough too figure out strats on long fights. Like using tnt, void, or just having a nice 4/5 min battle and breaking their armor. I don't have any issue with the game mode. Chasing them around the entire map yes I do. But this is probably the most popular gamemode for eggwars.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Hey everyone!

The amount of people who vote for overpowered in EggWars seems to increase every day. For me as a normal voter this is really annoying, because even when I play with some friends (one of them got emerald rank) it takes about 3 games untill we finally manage to overcount the overpowered votes (with our 3 votes). I have really tried to like overpowered mode but I just can't. I honestly even like hardcore more then overpowered.
That's why I think EggWars needs an update to make normal likeable again for more people.

I completely agree with this part, sometimes I want to play normal aswell but that is really hard when there are a lot of gold+ ranks who vote for overpowered items. It could take pretty long as you said to find a game where you can play with the items you want, in our case Normal items.

steak in normal is just way too expensive!!

I agree, but I also understand why they made it cost 5 iron. Steak is a really good replaceable for golden apples since steak makes you heal in a short amount of time and it also adds a lot of food to your foodbar. But on the other side, 5 iron is a lot of iron for just 1 steak. As said above they changed it to 3 iron already in Beta, and I think that price is fair since steak is your most important way to get food added to your foodbar fast and sometimes to heal yourself a little in a fight when you ran out of golden apples.

The biggest problem about overpowered in my opinion is too much protection on armour and too cheap obsidian.
So to make overpowered a bit less overpowered I think it is a good idea to change the protection level on armour from protection IV to protection II. To compensate this change maybe the enchantments on the swords should be changed from sharpness II to sharpness I. (The sharpness V diamond sword could be changed to a sharpness IV one.)
Also obsidian should be more expensive so people can't get full obsidian in less then a minute. Maybe change the price of obsidian from 3 gold to 5 gold. This way obtaining full obsidian will cost 25 gold instead of 15 gold.
Upon that maybe remove diamond armour but I have never found it so much better than iron armour anyway so I think it's no big deal to leave it in.

I agree with the obsidian part, 3 gold is just too cheap for obsidian since it's the best block in the game to protect your egg with.

I don't agree about lowering the protection on armour, protection IV armour breaks pretty fast since they added no durability on armour (Leather) and with half HP it's easy to kill your opponents with leather armour, it get's different when you get iron armour. That's a lot stronger and if they selected full HP it would become a fight untill your armour breaks or untill they knock you off the island. If they decide not to lower the protection on armour I should keep the sharp II swords, because that would make battles a little quicker and it you prevent it to become a long long fight. Sharpness II is in my opinion good in an onverpowered mode since it deals a lot more damage to your opponents than when you have sharpness I or no sharpness at all.

So to make normal more attractive to most players, the pricings of blocks and food need to change.
I suggest to make blocks 1 iron for 2 blocks instead of 1 iron for 1 block (Overpowered currently gives you 3 blocks per iron)
Also steak should be changed to maybe 2 iron per steak instead of 5. (I know in EggWars Beta they have changed it to 3 but they should no longer delay this change, it needs to be made ASAP as this problem has been here for more than 3 years now)

I think these changes won't make normal too overpowered so it will still stay 'normal'.

I agree with this solution the most. (I think you made a mistake in the block part ;P )

1 iron for 3 blocks is a good solution for normal items, 2 blocks is just too less if you imagine that 1 steak is 5 iron which is expensive already. I agree about lowering the steak price but not to 2 iron, that's too less for such a good replaceable for a golden apple (if you look at regenerating.)
I would make steak 4 or 3 but mostly 3 iron.

what @Maflen said is a good idea :

Normal:
- Steak price should be decreased from 5 irons per steak to 2 irons. (3 in my opinion)
- Blocks price should be increased from 2 blocks per 1 iron to 3 blocks.
- Stone pickaxe price should be decreased from 10 irons per pickaxe to 5 irons.
- Golden apple price should be decreased from 5 golds per apple to 4 gold

Last edited:

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
I fully agree with the second option. The problem with Eggwars and why so many of the games are OP is simply because the other two modes are less appealing. Normal being a prime example of this. In fact i personally like Hardcore more than normal. Saturation is less of a liability since natural regen is disabled therefore i can continue to chomp on carrots throughout the entire game. I also have some ideas that might fit into this thread if you don't mind me sharing them:

Replace Carrots With A Better Food Item

Personally i don't like carrots in the game and would want them to be replaced with another food item like apples or bread. I NEVER see anyone eat carrots on any other game but Hardcore and that's simply because they completely suck at providing adequate saturation which is vital in a fight. Replacing the carrots with a better food item is definitely a step in the right direction if steak is still too expensive at 3 iron.

Lowering the Protection on Armor in Response to the Health in Game

I still believe the protection on armor is still too high, at least for the games with a higher health modifier. my ideas for that is highlighted in this thread here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/235974/

If these changes were brought into the game along with @DMR_Marijn's ideas this would lessen the disagreements between modes and their definitely wouldn't be such a big deal about the voting system that some players have been making on the forums. No need to go to such extreme measures just yet, when we can have a civil discussion and come up with ideas on how to make the games better.

Reactions: Maaarijn

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
Replace Carrots With A Better Food Item

Personally i don't like carrots in the game and would want them to be replaced with another food item like apples or bread. I NEVER see anyone eat carrots on any other game but Hardcore and that's simply because they completely suck at providing adequate saturation which is vital in a fight. Replacing the carrots with a better food item is definitely a step in the right direction if steak is still too expensive at 3 iron.
Youve meade some good points. I really like this one!

Carrots indeed are not good at all and replacing them with apples or maybe bread could also fix the problem with steak a little. Its because carrots are so bad that people are kind of forced to buy steak as there is not really another option. Bread in my opinion could be a good substitute. It is in skywars already and it's saturation is decent plus it fills up 2.5 food slots instead of the 1.5 of carrots.

Kylo2532

Jun 11, 2020
Hey everyone!

In a thread I posted earlier today I asked people their opinion about overpowered and why they like it. The outcome of this and asking other people ingame is that most people vote overpowered because of the cheap pricings of mainly blocks and steak. The second is just a big problem from EggWars which has been around since 1.9 released (I can't believe why they haven't changed this yet); steak in normal is just way too expensive!!
Most of the overpowered players don't really seem to like the protection IV enchantments on armour, but the low pricings just outweighs this for them.

Solutions:

I can imagine 2 solutions to this problem.

This way games could become much quicker and less campier already.

I suggest to make blocks 1 iron for 3 blocks instead of 1 iron for 2 block (Overpowered currently gives you 3 blocks per iron)

This way EggWars games will be quicker and more balanced. Also these changes will attract more players to vote normal instead of overpowered so there will be more balance between the two.
Let me know what you think about it and if you have additions or other solutions to the problem!

Thanks for reading!
- Marijn
Welp you predicted an update.

Samixly

Oct 13, 2020
Berk 🏜
www.cubecraft.net
Hey! This is my opinion for all gamemodes prices:

Hardcore:
- Steak price should be decreased from 15 irons per steak to 10 irons.​
- Armor price should be decreased from 20 ingots for every single armor to 15 or 10 ingots.​

Normal:
- Steak price should be decreased from 5 irons per steak to 2 irons.​
- Blocks price should be increased from 2 blocks per 1 iron to 3 blocks.​
- Stone pickaxe price should be decreased from 10 irons per pickaxe to 5 irons.​
- Golden apple price should be decreased from 5 golds per apple to 4 golds.​
Overpowered:
- Blocks price should be increased from 3 blocks per 1 iron to 4 blocks. (or still the same)​
- Notch apple price should be decreased from 10 diamonds per apple to 15 diamonds.​
- Armor protection should be decreased to protection 2 or 1.​
- Swords sharpness should be decreased to sharpness 2 or 1.​
- Enderpearls price should be decreased from 64 diamonds per enderpearl to 40 diamonds.​
- Obsidian price should be increased from 3 golds per obsidian to 5 golds.​
Thank you for reading my ideas!

My 200th message! Yaaay!
I agree with you, but enderpearls in op is a little to low.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
I agree with you, but enderpearls in op is a little to low.
  • No Necro-posting. This is replying to threads which haven't been posted on within 3 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived. Does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introduction threads.
- Locked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom