Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Dec 23, 2016
Australia
www.youtube.com
Favourites:
Tropical (Solo)
- Awesome layout and quite small however, there is enough room between islands to make it challenging *only downfall being that sometimes I try to
build a bridge from my island to a diamond generator however, there are slabs and I just fall off them
Snowy (Solo) - Very alike to tropical and gives a change of scenery from one of my favourites
Mushroom (Team) - Love using the mushrooms as high vantage points to be able to build bridges to other bases and not being seen

Least favourite:
Teaparty (Team) - Too much space between islands and mid, in turn this gives it a more risky aspect, also when versing a person in full iron armour/god tier sets they often try to push me off and often they just trap me at the bottom.
Steampunk (Solo) - Cobwebs are just annoying however, it allows players a second chance which I don't mind either.

Elissaios

Dec 22, 2016
UK
Favourites
Space (Team) -
A very well designed map. Often whenever I invite new friends onto the server I try to single out this map for them to play on! It's simple, yet teaches all the core mechanics of the game - The need for defence, good generators, teamwork, and a careful eye on the opponents.
Storm (Team) - Despite the map looking clunky and having too much detail in my opinion, it succeeds in gameplay. Each island is balanced from attackers on both sides, and positioned at a good distance from all other islands, including middle. I like the vertical side of things - I often use the treeline for a sneak attack, or an unprecedented counter-attack when people bridge across!
Tentacles (Solo) - This map teaches that whilst development of defence and generators may be important, haste is also a key asset. With limited area and diamond token generators, the victor usually ends up being the fastest player - This map definitely tests skill in gameplay!
Tropical (Solo) - Similar to Tentacles, this map also teaches that haste is important, but also emphasizes the risk-reward mechanic in EggWars - Is it worth it to get the diamonds, let alone the emeralds? Or is it better to stay and ensure your defence and macromanagement is top-notch?

Least favourites:
Minions (Team)
- Usually I play this map for a quick/easy game - The map is very disproportionate and badly designed, even if I didn't hate minions. The outskirts of the map are hardly used, even with their generators, other than to easily rush. Teams put at a disadvantage due to them not being able to get to a generator often have little to no chance to regain momentum or win the game, and the terrible pathway at the start from the egg island to the EggWars shop... Well, I see at least 3 people die from it every game.
Gardens (Team) - The map is too varied. There is too much emphasis on rushing, resulting in little chance for macromanagement, and defending is too hard, with all points of interest being far away from any eggs to get back and defend in time.
Teepee (Solo) This map is usually a struggle to play on. The field of vision of a player can only be so big, but the positioning of each isles has a player constantly paranoid of any sneak attack. The map is just too big, with many angles to cover, and the decor/length of it makes it laggy to load.

Jul 19, 2016
Taiwan
FAVORITES:
10. Fireplace (Team 2x6, Christmas Only) I missed this so much!!!
9. Kingdom (Team 4x4) My friend's favorite map. And I like it too.
8. Mine (Solo) I like that the rails are realistic.
7. Western (Team 5x4) An Eastern guy (AKA me) can be a cowboy. :D
6. Fairground (Team 3x6) Getting good gear easily and play that roller coaster.
5. Stronghold (Solo) Love the idea that you are in a stronghold.
4. Steampunk (Solo) Nice job CubeCraft. You just let my opponent stuck inside of a cobweb!
3. Pizza (Team 2x8) 2 Diamond gens at the semi-middle, and A PIZZA CUTTER SLICING A PIZZA!
2. Space (Team 4x4) Who has time to go to the planets/stars? I DO!
1. Toys (Team 2x8) Easy to sneak-attack, large PvP arena, (Middle) and a cool layout. AWESOME!

LEAST FAVORITES:
10. Construction (Solo) The middle and the semi-middles are too far away from your island.
9. Treehouse (Team 4x6) Weird map. Need I say more?
8. Dwarven (Team 4x6) Unbalanced due to the fact that 2 of the islands are different than the others.
7. Tea Party (Team 5x8) Too few generators, and too many people in 1 team.
6. Storm (Team 2x12) Same as safari down below.
5. Safari (Solo) I don't wanna get rushed after the game just started. D:
4. Vegetables (Team 2x12) Boring map. Need I say more?
3. Minions (Team 4x4) Wait. You need to BUILD to get gold or diamonds? While somebody is faster than us?
2. Rome (Team 10x2) Everyone is stealing my iron. Gosh this is annoying.
1. Under Da Sea (Team 3x6) NO I DON'T WANNA PLAY AN 80-MINUTE GAME. WHY DO YOU DO THIS CUBECRAFT??
This is used to be BEFORE the updates. (I don't play EggWars much.)
After 13 days of work + some updates, I think time to update my Best/Worst Maps!

FAVORITES:
10. Nightmare (Solo) This map has 3 iron generator at your base. That mean you can easily get basic gear fast.
9. Fairground (Team 3x6) Good thing there's 2 iron gens and 2 gold gens. Plain OP in my opinion.
8. Kingdom (Team 4x4) My friend's favorite map. Love it.
7. Aztec (Team 6x4) Pure cool. I like those lava and more generators at your base.
5/6. Tentacles (Solo) I can't decide the #5 Place. Same as Treehouse down below.
5/6. Treehouse (Team 4x6) This map is weird, but I found that is a good thing.
4. Stronghold (Solo) This map is not as OP as Pizza, but it's good for HC plays. (I am stone rank LOL)
3. Pizza (Team 2x8) This map has 3 things that I like: OP, OP, and OP.
1/2. Toys (Team 2x8) Again, I can't decide the #1 because overall it's the same as Fireplace.
1/2. Fireplace (Team 2x6, Christmas Only) This tops everything except toys. Cool middle, cool concept, cool EVERYTHING. Please, CubeCraft, #BringBackFireplace k?

LEAST FAVORITES:
10. Mushrooms (Team 5x8) Ermm... Better than Tea Party, but still too few generators.
9. Vegetables (Team 2x12) It got improved. Nice job CubeCraft.
8. Dwarven (Team 4x6) One word: Unbalanced.
7. Storm (Team 2x12) I will say that if you don't watch your egg, you will get eliminated SOON.
6. Tea Party (Team 5x8) Same as Rome down below.
5. Safari (Solo) I like both slow-paced and fast-paced, but this is TOO FAST-PACED. I can't even do anything or else my egg will get destroyed. This is just luck.
4. Steampunk (Solo) Yes. This dropped for my 4th favorite to my 4th least favorite. Why? It's because now there's no cobwebs. Even if there is, you can break cobwebs anyway.
3. Rome (Team 10x2) Even if it's updated, I still think it's really annoying because if you aren't quick enough, you can't even get iron.
2. Minions (Team 4x4) Okay. So this map is weird. really weird. Normally there's a gold gen and possibly a diamond gen at your base, but this time, NEITHER. This could be REALLY tough if you can't dominate the middles.
1. Under Da Sea (Team 3x6) I like slow-paced maps, and this is slow-paced. TOO SLOW-PACED. It never takes less than an hour to complete this game. (Exception: Hackers)

GrgBls

Jan 11, 2017
Munich
Let me also tell you my favourites and least favourites maps;)

Favoutites:

UnderDaSea(Team) : Really great map, providing an awesome team expirience.
Tropical(Solo) : Beautiful map.Just this
Dwarven(Team) : Awesome map, center nice for PvP.

Least favourites:

Toys(Team) : One of the worst maps I've ever played on.The map is horrible and the center is just impossible for PvP.Also the islands are neither good for pvp.

Twann

Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2016
The Netherlands.
Favorites
Teaparty (team)
- the only large map with lots of players on Eggwars. The middle is a great area for big fights.
Toys (team): fast paced map in which you can easily rush teams, but it's also easy to get to mid.

Least favorites:
Storm (team):
the snow is glitchy and in my opinion it's too hard to get to the middle without being rushed.
Rome (team): too hard to get iron and if one egg gets destroyed, the other team has already won. You don't get to do much yourself in such a big team.
Underdasea (team): the islands are way to far from eachother, so a game on this map will always take very long due to campers. Also the middle is bad for pvp.

I never play solo eggwars, so I'm not gonna list solo maps.
Yes I have the same!

DeJerre

Jan 29, 2017
Favourite:
Mine/snow/tropical they have the same structure. Good maps for various types of playstyle
Candy: nice for a fast and simple game

Least favorite:
treehouse: it was my favourite map, till the eggs were moved down.
minions: No space to move, it is all pressed against eachother

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
To be honest, I lost a bit of interest in Treehouse when the egg was moved, I had a good strategy, I'd pile from my base, to the other teams' tree, then I'd get the egg from the back entrance..

The only benefit I can think of, with the egg being down is you can't get hit off the bridge that takes you to the egg, since it isn't there anymore, but it didn't matter that much..

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
Rather than doing a useless 'fave/least fave' thing here's what needs to be fixed on some maps:

Storm:
Move the broken iron generator to the right 90 degrees, so it is facing towards mid. As of right now you can only have 3 layers of obsidian without the generator blocking mods.

UnderDaSea:
Flatten the mid a bit, it kind of sucks to PvP on. This could be asily done with WorldEdit.

Castle (the 4-player one):
Move two of the islands closer to mid. As of right now, some of them are far closer to mid than the others.

Construction - Why remove the map completely when you can just use WorldEdit to move the islands closer? :(

Here are some of the maps I think were done well:

Pizza - The two diamond gens in between the island paids make for a fun rush to kill the other team. The elevated mid makes it easy to get to the other teams.

Forest - A beautiful map that plays fast. You csn use the trees at mid late-game to sneak on your opponents.

Steampunk - A unique map layout with a bunch of approach options. You can even use the bottom glass blocks to sneak towards other islands.

TeamkillerYT_CG

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2016
Going to do these for most of the games over time. Now EggWars is our most popular game and we have a lot of maps for it. I want to know what your favourite and least favourites maps are.

This information will help the build team improve on 'certain' aspects for future maps or even little improvements to our current maps from your feedback.
You can pick as many maps as you want. Please use this format

This is an example

Favourites:
Space (Team)
- Just always tend to have really fun games on this map
Steampunk (Solo) - Layout is very unique and pretty fun to destroy so many eggs on

Least favourite:
Storm (Team) -
The island surface is horrible to place blocks on
Vegeatables (Team) - Too much detail with heads, and obstacles everywhere to get a good clean fight

Previous ones:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/skywars-maps-give-us-feedback.123853/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/duels-maps-give-us-feedback.120741/#post-513434
i enjoy maps like storm and mine and snowy and under de sea, theyre very enjoyable and fun to play! i hope more like this come out

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Favorite Maps

Forest - All time favorite two man map. NO
  • I really like how you can go ninja style on the trees, hide behind them and wait for your enemy to past by before you run to their base. The generators are also easy to find, nicely made map.
Toys - Another really liked two man map. NO
  • Really cutely made, you can also go ninja style from the back of your egg to theirs which I really like a lot.
Pizza - I love pizza, awesome two man map. YES
  • One of the most yummy food and you get to play on it. I like the details on it and it's one of the few maps where you have to get out of your base to get diamonds.
Underdasea - One of my favorite three man maps. NO
  • It takes awhile to get to middle but once you do, you can jump on someones bridge and run to their base. It's also challenging because you have to watch out for both sides of the jellyfish (if you're in the middle island) and that brings excitement. You have to be aware of your surroundings and take out teams while at it.
Fairground - Another nice three man map. NO
  • Going around in a merry go'round getting the generators, how cute is that? Totally fits the theme of the build. It's fast to upgrade your basic gens while getting to mid or player base since everyone aims for the top diamond gen at the start. I really like this map and the colors it has.
Oriental - Japanese themed four man map. YES
  • I love how each team represent an element, it's as though we're nations fighting each other to be the last team standing instead of just teams. Quite some distance to get to middle but that's fine as it gives us time to cover the egg and get armor/tools for more than one player. You can also hide on the roof on your enemy base while waiting for them to leave to middle. A fitting ninja style.
Tea Party - Oh boy, five man map. OK
  • The middle of the map is beautiful, I can't describe how much i love the table, the cakes and overall, the structure. Generators can be a little tough to find in middle for newcomers but you get used to it. You can even play hide and seek with your enemies hoping they'll lose you or get to the edge where you can surprise them from behind.
Least Favorite Maps
Vegetables - One of the least enjoyable two man map. YES
  • Not a food I'd eat. It took me quite awhile to figure out where the egg was, didn't really like the structure and the mid-way to middle. Sometimes you lag back, hit a block or get semi stuck in it (magically) and just fall off. Perhaps my internet couldn't handle it.
Storm - Two man map I wouldn't like to play on. NO
  • It's hard to know if it's a snow slab and you place it half a slab higher than you want to with the blocks, don't really like the diamond generator placing as well.
Neutral with the rest of the maps.
Ummmm...​

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Favourites:

Garden (Team) - I really like the theme, it's not a too small or too big map and I really enjoy the map while I'm playing it with friends of mine.
UnderDaSea (Team) - Most of the people hate this map but I dont, I like this map but I actually don't know why....o_O But I like it and that's what it is about.
Treehouse (Team) - I like the trees on your base and in the middle. I like the tree in the middle the most, one fantastic big tree with Generators on good places.
Pizza (Team) - I like the bases and the 'little' middle. It goes about who is the first that destroys the egg of the neigbours that are opposite of you. And then after that and you've eliminated the team you can pick up the Diamonds and level them up!
Forest (Team) - I like the middle and there isn't that much space between the islands and the middle of the map.
TeaParty (Team) - I just like the theme of the map, the middle of the map and the bases. It's just one fantastic map to play on with your friends!
Snowy (Solo) - It are just small but nice bases, you can easily rush the other 2 eggs of 'your' part of the map. There isn't a big space between the islands and the middle.

Least favourites:

I don't think I've got EggWars maps that I don't like. :rolleyes:.

vinculum

Dec 2, 2016
Favorite:
Mine: Good layout, especially for solo. And I love the middle area and the way it looks.
Pizza: Good map for team, when me and my friend get on it's one of the maps we look forward to play.
Toys: My far my favorite map of all times, has never let me or my friends down while playing and no matter how much I play it I never get bored.

Least Favorite:
Medieval: Overall bad map for team, the islands are to close together and the egg is right out in the open.
All the big team maps: People that play are usually looking for 2-3 players maps and they rarely come because of all the 4-10 player maps on the board. When the 2 player maps do come they fill up almost instantly so I think we need to remove some of the bigger player maps and replace them with 2 player maps more often.

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
Oh yeah, Minions is a really crappy map. Everything is WAY too close and the only way to access generators is by fighting 2 other islands for it. Also, Minions looks horrible and features something that is horrible.

LegitVLH

Nov 28, 2016
Favorites:
My favorite map would have to be Garden (teams). I think it is an all around nice scene to look at while playing. However, it can be a bit hard to find a certain team as I find it a bit harder to tell purple's island from yellow's.
My second favorite is Instruments (teams). It is a small, action packed map and takes some skill to take down an enemy's egg if they have obsidian. It also requires skill to PvP on the small islands.

Least Favorites:
My least favorite map is going to have to be Western (teams). It can be a hard map to play due to the distance between the egg and the island's spawn which I find makes it a hard item to protect. It can also be quite difficult, in my opinion, to protect your island from enemies because of the extremely short distance between mid and your island.

HeeHeeTeeHee

May 2, 2016
My favorite maps:
Dwarven- I love it! This map could be a quick one or last for hours depending on how one goes about playing it. There aren't an overwhelming amount of generators in mid which is nice especially when my internet isn't at its best.
Under the sea- MY FAVORIET MAP! Without a doubt, any game in under the sea will be a long one which is one downside to it. The jelly fishes do get quite annoying because people often camp on them or use them to rush eggs. I admit that the map is very big I don't mind because I love how everything is spaced out.
Teaparty- This is the only map that my group of friends enjoy playing on when all of us are able to play. The amount of teams justify how big the map is and aren't to close together. Mid is great but the cloud is a hassle at times especially when you're chasing someone down there because of all the holes. It's hard chasing people down there without falling into one of them.
Kingdom- If dwarven is not available Kingdom is our 2nd choice. The map is very nice and I love the fact that there are so many good generators in mid. My biggest complaint would be the builders choice on the placement of halfslabs. In general the map is beautifully crafted, however it is difficult to build on especially by the diamond generators and in islands because of the halfslabs.
Area 51- Games always went by very quickly. Mid is huge and I like the fact that you had to work to get in and out. I also noticed that it hasn't showed up on the board in a long time and hope that it could be brought back.
Storm- I love how it has a lot of teams, it makes the game more fast passed.
Forest- This is a more relaxed map in my opinion. My only complaint would be the fact that mid is to big for the amount of teams in the map.
Nightmare- I loved this map. Unlike Rome, winning doesn't require you to rush. It has a lot of space to fight and got very intense at times especially because of how long it takes to get to their egg.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mehhh the maps we play if we have to:
Fairground- I don't hate it, but I don't love it. The 2 gold generators are amazing but I hate how separated mid is. Sometimes you don't even interact with the other half of the teams because they basically split up to farm diamonds on the light house or by the boat. Depending on how close they are to the gen determines if they use it or even bother attacking who ever is on it and it feels as if there are 2 separate games going on.
Instruments- Its okay but the ladders were very tedious when you wanted to get gold. I also feel that the island in general is to small and you could easily knock someone off or vice versa.
Aztec- I don't particularly like this map, however it is the only 6 player map so when everyone in my group of friends want to play we kind of have to join this map or else someone would have to sit out.
Mushroom- in my opinion the map is beautiful and great to play on. The only problem that I have encountered with it involves hackers. I noticed that without a fail there will most likely be at least 1 hacker in the game which kind of ruins it.
Oriental- The amount of iron generators at rediculous so I always lag out when I am on mid. I do however admire the dragons on the top of each island. My only complaint would be the amount of generators in mid.
My least favorites:
Garden- I just don't like the map layout. The placement of some things get annoying but I do love how spacious mid is.
Western- The islands are too close to eachother and I have always had bad experiences on this map.
Treehouse- I just hate the layout. The egg is very hard to reach so you often don't stand a chance in getting there in time before it is broken.
Rome- The game goes by way to fast and the winner is usually the team who rushes which is no fun. There's no challenge and I have yet to have a game in this map that requires any actual pop. There are so many people so sometimes the game ends before you could even get enough iron for leather armor.
Minions- I hate it. Not one good experience in it. Maps are to close and the fact that you have to parkour of build a bridge to get to things is very tiresome.
Side note-
I think it would be amazing if there were more maps with bigger teams because I feel like those who play with big groups of people are limited to 5 maps which would be Rome, tea party, western, Aztec, and mushroom.

It would be nice if maps were spaced out like in Area 51 or under the sea rushers are annoying and make games last twice as long because you have to take them out before you could actually go to mid.

Again it's nice to have a lot of generators because it makes the game go by so much quicker, but to many generators cause lag and I often find myself lagging out especially on oriental.

Jennfreckles

Feb 8, 2017
there are nothing but hackers in eggwars, i'm mad ya'll got rid of Underdasea it was an incredible map
still really tired of people flying to my island and instantly killing my egg

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
Top Bottom