Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Shinte

Novice Member
Jun 23, 2017
Finland
So, keeping this topic short. So you won't have to read an essay that I was about to make this as in the first place.

Nowadays, - if not since then EggWars got this update (Where the colored armor, blocks, etc) came from I've been all disappointed how the game looks like currently, and what its mechanics are.

To clarify this a bit, let me explain myself;

EggWars is, and used to be a strategy- pvp game with multiple strats to play as. - Now it seems like the game has gotten way less possibilities than it used to have, which is sad because now you can read your opponent way easier because they can't build under the islands anymore. They can't disguise as enemy's armor, - they can't build using the normal glass, which normally effected you to being more invisible like when building to enemy's base.

The update that removed such strategies, - Believe or not, has gotten the game way easier. And I don't like it, because it's supposed to be a strategy game after all.

This is how I see it now;

You can either stack at mid for as long you want to, or you can just rush to the islands.

Rushing to the islands usually is the same, and in my opinion it doesn't need a lot of thinking to get to opponent's base in the late game - Since enderpearls are now here. You can just get the best pickaxe in the game, enderpeal to the isle with your team and fight for the win. Punch bows and such stuff can't help here if you straight pearl to the island, and what I see it as is that the enderpearls are too cheap for the perspective how effective they're at the end. (EDIT: I'd recommen it to be twice as expensive. Perhaps current value in OP mode and 2 stacks in normal. Idc about HC)

EggWars although still has few strategies to use; But the fact is that the strats you get yourself to the opponents island have gotten a lot of less, and as well enderpearl is pretty easy to prepare to. (EDIT: By far it seems like in the late game ONLY way to get to the island without being noticed and shot is the pearl)

- And you see the players that build above with dark red glass and you can just shoot them down. - Blue and Light Blue team has an advantage because their glass is the same color as the sky is, so their blocks are harder to notice. - This is unfair for the other teams.

So here goes my first improvement; And it's that EggWars should remove colored team glass and return the normal glass for the block selection instead. - This doesn't get the teams thats color is easy to detect in the sky unfair. Of course you still see the armor of the players, but if you try to sneak- build to opponent's base they won't see the blocks that easily that slow by slowly gets near the base. - Hopefully you got the point.

Now as I before talked about the build limit. - How you can't build under to islands anymore, and how you can't perhaps build such in heights anymore that you used to being able to.

- This, good people, is one of the reasons why EggWars lets people that are new having a higher chance to win the game because they can see where their opponent moves without losing eyes on him. (EDIT: Not like it's a bad thing. But I tried to point out that EggWars doesn't need anymore the same amount of skill and knowledge that it used to give) - You can prepare for the enderpearl after couple of games, and you just can see the glasses that really notably aren't camouflaged in the sky - And that aren't that high anymore due the update. - So everyone that has played at least a bit can see your blocks in the sky, and they camps on the island waiting for the pearl. - There are few rare cases where straight building can get you to the enemy - If you bring obsidian with you to making some parts of the bridge unbreakable for a bit.

Of course, if this feature would be put back, that you're able to build where ever inside a map you want to, would make camping under the island a lot of more common. - But I see this as a tiny issue, because-

A
; You can just build to where your enemy is and watch out with your place if they has a bow.

B; If Cube adds explosive bows that works as TNT you can't hold yourself limitless in an obsidian barricade because explosions breaks your armor. After all; When you lose your egg it's YOUR TEAM'S fault, so that off to count that it will be unfair if the last guy camps under the island when you don't have the egg anymore. - Camping is a strategy. - However, not mine and perhaps not many people favorite.

I as well know that currently camping in unreachable spot (Where you basically camp under at the height level you currently are able to build) is banable. - So what would of course makes this improvement to became fair, is to remove the rule that camping in EggWars should be banable.

So my second improvement goes on here;

- Make it able to build in where ever height you're able to. So in other words said making building under allowed and featured again - Because this is a strategy to build to the opponent, and in my opinion it belongs to a strategy game. - You can do this in SkyWars, however not in Eggy for some reason. - It as well seems much more realistic that you're able to build under the islands, because making it unable is against to the EggWars whole idea to being stealthy and getting the eggs for the advantage. - The whole idea you can't build that low is so stupid imo.

- Make explosive bows a thing, that you perhaps can buy with diamonds, if camping is decided to be allowed.

- Not allowed to camp in egg still, or making it allowed, I don't really care about it. - But making it featured to build under again as said above. - So what I meant here is that if you're able to build under again - However you can't stay there for long, or it will be considered as camping that'll be banable. I really respected this strat in EggWars and liked it much.

Talking about the colors now in armor, and I actually see this pretty fun so let me give my vision of this.

- I once was in a game of Rome before the color update, that apparently aren't that popular map anymore. Not talking about the map itself, but instead of the strategy I noticed in Egg through that map; And it's that I somewhat succeeded to get enemy's armor and got to buy stuff without them even noticing I was there, in the enemy's island. - Then just went and got the egg peacefully.

What I meant as a vision here, is that that would be pretty cool if you're able to wear other team's armor and use it as an advantage in building, or getting to the island. - So you're having a different armor than your team has, but your name is still displayed as your team's color. - You could only obtain enemy's armor if they have put some in the chest, or if they have dropped some. - So you can't buy them, but collect them if you pass by. Of course I meant leather armor.

This was just a small improvement. But the thing is, would it really hurt the game if this is put back in? Not up to me.

Here are my improvements for this time. Hopefully you got some agreements as I did, and make sure to leave feedback if you have same or different opinions about this. - Of course they're all same as valuable.

And btw; I suggested to revamp the map Area51 and Minions but it's been nearly, if not yet 2 years without any sign of them.

Minions, unfortunately was said that it isn't going to be added back. But @Efcluke94 said it as a positive chance to revamp and put Area51 back in. So just reminding here if that got forgotten.

And please; Add glowstone back. Cool block.

- peace and have a great day​

Last edited:

Cacuhau

Jul 29, 2018
Honestly, I don't care about any of them but the glass and glowstone. Explosive bows might be a bit overpowered when destroying an egg so that's a no go for me. Glowstone and the glass should be re-added in my opinion, don't care about the rest s long as explosive bows aren't gonna be added.

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
It’s so true, since they added coloured armour and blocks, it became bad imo. It is no longer possible to hide when you are trying to break an egg for example. Even the signs are nowdays unnecessary, I guess. I mean the the custom factory signs above a generator. Explosive bows shouldn’t be added. It’s impossible to build a way to mid if someone is shooting with it or so. This results in ‘camping’.

Also, I want minions & vegetables back, and that they remove 10v10 cause this litterally is an xp farm. Kids can become lv 100+ easily. A leaderboard when all players have more than 12k wins is weird. A leaderboard should be for players who are really good in the game in general. (I don’t say you abuse 10v10 Santeri ;))

Nice thread, I’m glad to see you back at eggwars ^v^

Reactions: Shinte and wbgamer

Shinte

Novice Member
Jun 23, 2017
Finland
Explosive bows shouldn’t be added. It’s impossible to build a way to mid if someone is shooting with it or so. This results in ‘camping’.

Thanks for giving the vision of this, didn't think it at all from that point. Reduces my support to add the bow in the game. However still something needs to replace it if the under-building starts to add too much heat in mind

Reactions: Juskebat

Shinte

Novice Member
Jun 23, 2017
Finland
After all the suggestion's idea was to return EggWars in to game it used to be, so not really adding anything new (Like the bow - That was just a small idea of how to fix camping under islands but turns out it can be really annoying to deal with) but removing and bringing some of the old items back. And making some old mechanics featured again. This was the whole point the thread was about.

Bigoll

Apr 1, 2016
Here's an idea, propose this idea as an "Experimental Eggwars" idea and have it be called "Eggwars Classic"; so no enderpearls, glowstone, sandstone, regular glass, able to build below bases, punch bows no longer 25 diamonds, Under Da Sea not having the extra ring around center that they added, etc. That way this could become even a separate gamemode for those who like what I like to call "Old Eggwars" better.

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
Here's an idea, propose this idea as an "Experimental Eggwars" idea and have it be called "Eggwars Classic"; so no enderpearls, glowstone, sandstone, regular glass, able to build below bases, punch bows no longer 25 diamonds, Under Da Sea not having the extra ring around center that they added, etc. That way this could become even a separate gamemode for those who like what I like to call "Old Eggwars" better.
Although that sounds like a nice idea, I'm afraid the playerbase of EggWars isn't large enough to have five seperate gamemodes actively being played. It's already becoming hard to play any other maps than Football, Whales and Vacation in normal Team EggWars that are properly filled.

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
The players are the big deal I guess, they make the differences between eggwars nowdays and in the past I think. I prefer eggwars back in the old days. No laggy toxic ‘pro’ PvPers.

Reactions: wbgamer

Shinte

Novice Member
Jun 23, 2017
Finland
The players are the big deal I guess, they make the differences between eggwars nowdays and in the past I think. I prefer eggwars back in the old days. No laggy toxic ‘pro’ PvPers.

Even though if CubeCraft's team listens the suggestion, which I do hope - Apparently it's safe to say that updating EggWars in to the "version" it used to be I doubt the playerbase will be the same like back then.

Back in the days the server community was smaller, the times when much players had no idea what the server is. The playerbase you're seeying currently on Cube is notably bigger due YouTubers making posts from CubeCraft (Not that much anymore. I bet the YouTube content creators from Arab- and Turkey has gotten some players on Cube because players from those countries you really see every day) or at least was bigger, but now starts to not have that much players daily online.

The update won't lesser any toxicity from players, but there are few suggestion ideas out there of how to lesser the salt- mean behavior from players.

Reactions: wbgamer

schot

Dec 12, 2017
Do you actually think cubecraft will implement this? Cubecraft has never listened to the community.

Shinte

Novice Member
Jun 23, 2017
Finland
Do you actually think cubecraft will implement this? Cubecraft has never listened to the community.

No. I see the chances very low. (EDIT: But believing in a small possibility if the support is high enough) Appear the suggestion to be potential or not, having a respond, if even planning to implement is a rare case so far I'm thinking along while I've experienced myself in the community. All I am saying is to hope that they'll catch the idea, which I- some people seems to think that implementing this would cause good.

Last edited:
Reactions: schot

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
Huh? Is er een vakantie map?
20180803_152811.jpg

Reactions: Juskebat

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Even though if CubeCraft's team listens the suggestion, which I do hope - Apparently it's safe to say that updating EggWars in to the "version" it used to be I doubt the playerbase will be the same like back then.

Back in the days the server community was smaller, the times when much players had no idea what the server is. The playerbase you're seeying currently on Cube is notably bigger due YouTubers making posts from CubeCraft (Not that much anymore. I bet the YouTube content creators from Arab- and Turkey has gotten some players on Cube because players from those countries you really see every day) or at least was bigger, but now starts to not have that much players daily online.

The update won't lesser any toxicity from players, but there are few suggestion ideas out there of how to lesser the salt- mean behavior from players.
That’s true. But I prefer the time people didn’t know about the community, actually.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Top Bottom