Do you agree?

• Yes

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 82.1%

• Total voters

Finnan

Feb 15, 2018
Instead of being able to destroy an egg with the tap of a finger, you have to mine the egg for about 0.5 seconds with your fists (about the time to break a dirt block) before it breaks. It will take less time to mine the egg if you are using a pickaxe.

Why? So that if your egg isn't protected you still have a chance of fighting off other players to defend your egg.

Last edited:

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Instead of being able to destroy an egg with the tap of a finger, you have to mine the egg for about 2 seconds (with your fist) before it breaks. It will take less time to mine the egg if you are using a pickaxe.

It actually takes 4.5 seconds to break the egg with your hand or any unenchanted tool, I think that's too long.
I don't think it's possible to change the time to mine something, or at least will cost a lot of time for the developers :)

F

Facelurite

It actually takes 4.5 seconds to break the egg with your hand or any unenchanted tool, I think that's too long.
I don't think it's possible to change the time to mine something, or at least will cost a lot of time for the developers :)
You havent played eggwars have you?

Edit: ok now i understand.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
I actually really like the satisfaction of running up to an unprotected egg and one-tapping it. I don't see the benefit of your idea, it will only make it harder to break an egg especially in the early-game. The mining time would pretty much nullify basic protection like clay/terracotta since it has the same effect but it's already there.

You havent played eggwars have you?
I believe he means that the time to break an egg in vanilla is 4.5 seconds, and since he doesn't know if it is possible to artificially have a mining time longer than 0 seconds (as is the current situation) and shorter the default vanilla 4.5 seconds (as is the suggestion), he thinks it's just too long to be implemented into Eggwars.

F

Facelurite

Ohhhhh okay. If we were to make it vanilla it would be too long.
yeah you cant customize blocks yet. Keyword key but maybe in 1.14

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
2 seconds is actually incredibly long, believe me
Instead they could do it like the time to make a bed but idk its cool now

D

Deleted member 352903

About your edit:
Why? So that if your egg isn't protected you still have a chance of fighting off other players to defend your egg.
So, since now, we don't have to buy obsidiana, because our egg is free-protected?
No.

Finnan

Feb 15, 2018
2 seconds is actually incredibly long, believe me
Instead they could do it like the time to make a bed but idk its cool now
That could work, but because it's an egg, not a bed, I was thinking it should be about the time to break a dirt block with your fists.

In fact, that is quite a bit less than 2 seconds.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I'd rather keep it the way it is. I've had lots of times where I'm just in time to break an egg while someone's placing obsidian, and having the egg have its own actual breaking time would mean that being on time wouldn't mean you get the egg while it's open. I'd just leave it at its normal instant break state. Much better in my opinion, and ensures that leaving your egg open is indeed risky.

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
I like it the way that it is. Therefore, it further encourages people to worry about egg protection. Taking time to destroy the egg without any protection would mean more teams would just leave their egg unprotected for longer and it would change gameplay

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
I like it the way that it is. Therefore, it further encourages people to worry about egg protection. Taking time to destroy the egg without any protection would mean more teams would just leave their egg unprotected for longer and it would change gameplay
As Simba said, I think it's fine the way it is. It would change the game play completely if it was changed.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Sometimes, when you attack an enemy, you kill the whole team and they keep coming while you're trying to break their egg. Those punches can be very annoying and painful. Imagine you almost broke their egg, but you only have 2 hp left. *breaks*
You broke the last block but you couldn't hit their egg: mission failed.
This happens to me all the time, I can't just break an egg and this feature would only make it harder. No thank you.

Wouze

Apr 9, 2016
New york
Im my opinion, many eggwars games can end up lasting too long. An possible increase in the time a game would take wouldn't be any good.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thunder wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy birthday!
Reesle wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday, Cool Designer! 🥳
Mintypie231 wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎂
parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
Top Bottom