1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Egg Wars Generator Issue

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ThezRhino, Sep 17, 2016.

1. ThezRhino

ThezRhino Member

Hello,

My name is Ryan and I've been a huge fan of Cubecraft's Egg Wars for a long time. I love the game mode. But there is one serious issue that I run into that is not only annoying, but can often ruin the game. That issue is whenever I jump on a generator of any kind, there is always someone that has "priority" over me, so they can run up and start taking the resources from the same generator. Thus making it so even though I was there first, I can't get iron/gold/diamonds. Whenever I get a player that is either intentionally trolling, or just is selfish, they always use that priority so I get no resources. On numerous occasions it has actually caused my team to lose.

My suggestion is to code it that the FIRST player to the generator gets the resources until they move, and then the next person gets priority. This way if I beat my teammate to the generator, I get the resources. Any players that are trolling or just don't seem to understand the concept of not stealing would be rendered ineffective once they realize they aren't able to leach the resources.

I do strongly believe there needs to be some sort of fix for this issue. I am tired of trying to get obsidian for my team's egg, having some guy run up and leach the generator's resources, and spending it on chain armor just to have our egg destroyed minutes later.

2. TheMilkmanGamer

TheMilkmanGamer Member

I personally have encountered the same issue SO many times. There are plenty of selfish idiots out there and the "pickup priority" thing is really annoying.

However, I think what you are suggesting might not be easy to code (i mean i could do it in vanilla but still). They can probably get it done, and I think its a decent suggestion.

Another possibility I thought of is that if there are multiple people in pickup range of an item, the item is recoded so it picks a random one instead of going to the same person every time.

3. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Idek.
    The easiest way to avoid these kinds of people is to use gens at mid. If you haven't built, a do agree an alternator should be implemented to that if someone is within ~1.2 blocks it goes to them every second / third time.

KronosReeper likes this.
  4. Stormslayer11

Stormslayer11 Member

A game is a game

5. Gainfullterror

Gainfullterror Member

It's a bug on minecrafts side. Nothing of this is the servers fault

6. Stormslayer11

Stormslayer11 Member

i know, but it is still just a game

7. mcgamer2003

mcgamer2003 Member

ikr it happens to me all the time (espaccally while trying yo get gold for obsidian

8. AboodPlayz

AboodPlayz Member

Eggwars
    i will be 100%, i am probably that dude who does that :p, but i don't stay on the generator that long, i just get enough for what i need and that is it, also sometimes someone else has the "priority" over me but i don't mind, just say can i please have [number] [resource] if they don't give that means they are just selfish or need less than how many you need, i recommended a afk kick to prevent players on hogging generators, also i think their should be a thing like a limit, back when CC was 1.8 this did not exist and it depended on your position to the generator

9. samitannir

samitannir Member

Cubecraft
    It is kind of annoying when people do that. Can you please add a poll so we can vote? Thanks :)

10. abhay sankar dev

abhay sankar dev Member

lol I do the same but it do it intentionally as a troll sometimes but this does also give u a lot of pain, there was the is player Stampy978 who like since we upgraded our dia gen was just sitting there and when it got to the point where It was 4 v 4 he had full dia gear and sharp V sword and got punched off the bridge SO i kinda agree

11. BurningBlue

BurningBlue Member

éboueur
    On the Kingdom map everyone starts a different length away from the iron gen. If that happens the people closest get the iron first and they just take it all. A better way to do this would be that everyone around get's it distributed evenly.

KronosReeper likes this.
  12. CptSwollhouse

CptSwollhouse Member

Department Manager, H-E-B
    I actually really like this idea. Whether I'm the first one there and standing on it, or walk up to it with another player there already, I always lose out and can't get the resource. I must agree though that just finding your way to mid is probably the best solution. :p

13. ThezRhino

ThezRhino Member

Instead of using that to dismiss what I said, how about being constructive? Yep, it's a game, but guess what? People want to enjoy the game. Hence why we play the game.

Thanks! It's very true, but going to mid isn't always the easiest. Plus, what if you don't get enough iron to build to mid?

KronosReeper likes this.
  14. S41F

S41F Member

That Is why mid was created I get this so many times go to mid an just keep running and I usually win and if this is an issue, there is always solo
    But seriously just get leathe gear and a stone sword and go to mid. In normal mode chain is more useful then iron anyway and in op it's almost impossible to be killed unless u break the armor. Just go to mid everything is in mid

15. AboodPlayz

AboodPlayz Member

Eggwars
    Here is a tip, use money bags kit
    10 iron every time you spawn!
    Just build a bit, kill your self, build, kill yourself and repeat until you reach middle, usually after like 5-10 minutes in the game your teammates won't hog the iron anymore :), if you need the diamond, barricade yourself and shift, just don't say "diamond gen is on" or "diamond lvl 1" etc

16. De_Kerstmarkt

De_Kerstmarkt Member

Still lazy
    If you play with friends is much easier , but the generators at the middle are best

17. Gainfullterror

Gainfullterror Member

And ruin my precious stats? Hell to the naw!

KronosReeper likes this.
  18. KronosReeper

KronosReeper Member

Not dying.
    Haha true that, same here

19. YounB

YounB Mod Staff Member Moderator

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I think that if a player is in the vacinity of a generator, say 3-4 blocks, the drops should be split. For example, if me and my friend are next to the generator, he'd get one, then I'd get one. If me, and two of my friends are next to the generator, we'd all get one equally. Don't know if this could be a thing though, so don't take my word for it.

20. ♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡ Member

This is one of the reasons why I use money bags if something like this happens I can always farm iron and guy blocks to get to mid. :D