Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

mdk_chicken

Jul 8, 2014
Okay, so I know this is probably going to change the way eggwars is played, might even break it. But just hear me out;

I feel like, when a team looses their egg, they're much more likely to dig in and start camping, but I don't like that, makes the game take too long. One easy way to solve this, would be by adding a feature to the game;

Breaking eggs, has a chance of giving the player an 'Egg Shard'. These can be used to create a new egg overtime (having a "build-time" to this would be necessary). This will stop camping in two different ways;

1. You now have a chance of winning back your egg if you play more offensive and break eggs
2. By having a build-time to the egg which every team will be notified of, it makes players more offensive in quickly killing those without eggs.

By implementing this into the game, you'll put back caming by a lot and it would speed up the game.
(Maybe something for just Speed-Eggwars? Or just by voting it in or out?)

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
Sure. I agree on the voting part.

Vote 1: Normal.
Vote 2: Start out with egg and can rebuild egg.
Vote 3: Start out with NO egg and can rebuild egg. (Just thought of this on the fly.:oops:)

Can you please explain how to rebuild your egg? Is there a timer and cool down? How many shards do you need to rebuild? Thanks!:)

+1

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
Wow, I actually really like this idea! I'd rather see it as a game mode rather than having it for every single game, though. This would most likely make for even longer games, which I like, and the tension to rise!

+1

Reactions: mdk_chicken

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
Okay, so I know this is probably going to change the way eggwars is played, might even break it. But just hear me out;

I feel like, when a team looses their egg, they're much more likely to dig in and start camping, but I don't like that, makes the game take too long. One easy way to solve this, would be by adding a feature to the game;

Breaking eggs, has a chance of giving the player an 'Egg Shard'. These can be used to create a new egg overtime (having a "build-time" to this would be necessary). This will stop camping in two different ways;

1. You now have a chance of winning back your egg if you play more offensive and break eggs
2. By having a build-time to the egg which every team will be notified of, it makes players more offensive in quickly killing those without eggs.

By implementing this into the game, you'll put back caming by a lot and it would speed up the game.
(Maybe something for just Speed-Eggwars? Or just by voting it in or out?)
I'm pretty much neutral with this idea. It wouldn't really stop people from camping and also you can just report them.
The only thing this idea will do, is basically make games much longer because people will keep on repairing their egg and then go back onto the defensive with punch bows etc. and also people would just ender pearl to someone's island and then break an egg and then go back to their island with an egg shard.
But, it does allow people to be more aggressive to other players.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
It wouldn't really stop people from camping and also you can just report them.
Camping, what I have learned, is when you build a sky base and stay up there. You can't exactly get someone banned for them just staying on their island. They may be crafting, mining (depending on the game), enchanting, etc. At some point, they'll probably move. Yes, this gives them a chance to get stacked. But if you get their egg quickly, you can prevent them from getting their diamond generator working!

mdk_chicken

Jul 8, 2014
To all you up there,

First of all, thanks for the positvie response thusfar,

Secondly, you could also just give a x% chance of a shard dropping from a egg, making sure that there's no infinite supply of eggs in the game.

Thirdly (is that even a word?), I'd say there should be like a 2-3 min "rebuild" timer, making it impossible to stack up, but possible to quickly take down the trying to build team. (Maybe you could even make it so that there won't be any building done with an opponent on the island, don't know though)

Fourth, @TheBlindingCat1 if this post didn't yet clear things up, I would say 1(with a x% chance), maybe 2(with a 100% chance) shards to make sure there's no infinite supply of eggs

Start out with NO egg and can rebuild egg.
I like the voting idea, but how will you get egg shards without eggs? Or do you mean that every team starts with a timer?

Reactions: CyberAutumn

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
I meant that evreyone starts with a timer and if people get killed when the timers are going at the start of the game, then they get eliminated.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I like the idea, but let's be honest: it's not gonna stop campers. Why would someone that never goes out and build somewhere far away now suddenly go out and break eggs? It also makes the best players/parties even stronger, because we go out and kill eggs right from the start. Meaning that we can bring the shards back to base or give them to a teammate on mid and they can keep them close to the egg in case it breaks.

The concept of the game is to defend your egg and destroy other teams eggs. If you destroy another teams eggs then they will not respawn. To win, all you need to be, is the last team surviving.

With this the original idea of Eggwars is gone. Which doesn't have to be a wrong thing, but I personally think it strays away to much from the core. You defend your egg, because once it's gone: it's gone.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I am against this idea.
First of all this would encourage camping in my opinion, because most campers build to mid -> get 5 dia -> camp with dia gen. If their eggs gets destroyed meanwhile, they can get it back and camp even more with their egg.
Second I hate the 'chance' thing in games. There is (almost) no luck in eggwars, and I would prefer it to stay that way.

I feel like, when a team looses their egg, they're much more likely to dig in and start camping,

Honestly campers will camp, with or without egg ;)

:uber_cubelet:

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Actually, you can get someone banned for camping on their island, if they`ve got no egg and no bridge to mid and if they attempt to shoot at you with a bow, while trying to build to them.
Well, I've heard something like that before, but it doesn't state that anywhere in the rules. Especially the part about not having an egg. After all, egg or no egg, it's just as annoying to get over there. Eggwars has plenty of ways to combat this already, so I kind of doubt that they do actively ban for that.

mdk_chicken

Jul 8, 2014
Honestly campers will camp, with or without egg
Unfortunaly yes, but still, some people don't camp by default, but will start camping if their egg gets destroyed.

Besides, I agree on the chance thingie of yours, but if you would implement this into the game, it'll have to be chance based, otherwise, a game can litteraly go on forever. But yeah, eggwars is more about teamwork and strategy than about chance, and I like that too.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
you dont know how long ive been waiting to see this <3
IMG_8461.jpeg
Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Top Bottom