Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
By "editing to the beat" I mean recording a session and cutting it up & smoothing it out to feel like what's happening is tied to the music. I've been wanting to try this for a while, and I think I did pretty well on my first try.

Opinions?
I'm not going to bother asking you to do something with my channel as I don't plan on doing anything with it.

(why do youtube threads appear in the new posts section on the homepage
51c6ad78fba1b7d4f803f77f584f7101.png
)

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Try to record in 60fps next time
60fps isn't a common format for YouTube videos, actually.

---

As for the video, this is a great start. I've also been trying this with 90% less jump cuts by using the Sony Vegas velocity envelope which lets you change the speed of the video on a dime, it might be a good idea for you to look into that because many people use it. I think that there were many lost opportunities to match the video to the audio which you could've done but like you said, a first attempt.

Here's one of my favorite examples of this practice which would be a good reference for ideas;

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Try to record in 60fps next time
upload_2017-8-26_17-46-14.png

upload_2017-8-26_17-46-5.png

Computer isn't that great for screen capturing sadly. Windows 10 is miraculously the only 100% lagless recording tool I can use.

As for the video, this is a great start. I've also been trying this with 90% less jump cuts by using the Sony Vegas velocity envelope which lets you change the speed of the video on a dime, it might be a good idea for you to look into that because many people use it. I think that there were many lost opportunities to match the video to the audio which you could've done but like you said, a first attempt.
I've tried looking into editing software like svp, but I can't even begin to know where to start with it since it feels like I'm in a plane's cockpit. It doesn't really seem user-friendly to me, but that's mainly something I'm gonna have to learn I guess. For now though, I've been using Moviemaker and expression encoder for my things, alongside a few work-around tricks.
The velocity envelope feature you mentioned does seem pretty interesting though, and I think I'm going to look into it soon.
(on a side note, that clip was pretty entertaining to watch)

Reactions: Lezappen and Earth

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
View attachment 136875
View attachment 136874

Computer isn't that great for screen capturing sadly. Windows 10 is miraculously the only 100% lagless recording tool I can use.

I've tried looking into editing software like svp, but I can't even begin to know where to start with it since it feels like I'm in a plane's cockpit. It doesn't really seem user-friendly to me, but that's mainly something I'm gonna have to learn I guess. For now though, I've been using Moviemaker and expression encoder for my things, alongside a few work-around tricks.
The velocity envelope feature you mentioned does seem pretty interesting though, and I think I'm going to look into it soon.
Maybe try OBS?

You can use this tutorial for the best settings for bad computers:

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Maybe try OBS?

You can use this tutorial for the best settings for bad computers:
I've tried everything from OBS (best settings for my setup too) to mirillis, and none are completely lagless. They all slightly impact my performance.
It's not that big of a surprise considering my current specs aren't designed to capture gameplay, which is also why I adore the windows 10 capture tool since it's completely lagless for me somehow.

Reactions: Maaarijn

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Very smooth transitions! Try and time hit swings and landings to the deaper beats in the music, makes for some cool effects!
I chose a music that has a lot of beats to go along with my movements and landings, choice of music is important, same here:
one of my first edited videos, I did a lot of work marrying the sound with the footage... sound effects have a lot of impact, and contribute a lot... use them!
You asked for a rating, I'll smack a good 8.9697/10

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
By "editing to the beat" I mean recording a session and cutting it up & smoothing it out to feel like what's happening is tied to the music. I've been wanting to try this for a while, and I think I did pretty well on my first try.

Opinions?
I'm not going to bother asking you to do something with my channel as I don't plan on doing anything with it.

(why do youtube threads appear in the new posts section on the homepage
51c6ad78fba1b7d4f803f77f584f7101.png
)
DO Helper plz. You will definitely become one!

Wormy21GX

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2017
I've tried everything from OBS (best settings for my setup too) to mirillis, and none are completely lagless. They all slightly impact my performance.
It's not that big of a surprise considering my current specs aren't designed to capture gameplay, which is also why I adore the windows 10 capture tool since it's completely lagless for me somehow.
fraps is lagless what r u talking about

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
fraps is lagless what r u talking about
My experience =/= everyone else's experience.
Aside from that, I also don't like having videos that take up a ton of disk space. From what I've been told, Fraps really likes to make big files.

DO Helper plz. You will definitely become one!
As much as I appreciate you saying that, it's kind of irrelevant to this thread.

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/#

#getbarbecued

Jun 25, 2016
View attachment 136875
View attachment 136874

It's only a day old so I don't think this is necroposting but... The fact that you used moviemaker explains a lot. I recommend getting Sony Vegas Pro 13 as it has amazing stuff. I didn't buy it I simply illegally downloaded it just like skyrim and other games (cus it's about 500 pounds). I agree with the mod that you missed a few opportunities in cuts with the beat of the music, and also some scenes where quite repetitive (and since it's not a commentary so that sort of repetitiveness doesn't work) like getting the iron and gold. But congrats since it's your first time. I'm not saying I'm brilliant at editing it's just my opinion about your video.

Reactions: Gainfullterror
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom