Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Beat this
I kinda dislike when things turn into joke threads, I kind of liked the idea of an art thread, but seeing how limited and closed the subject theme is for the art I'm not surprised most the drawings are a joke post.
I really wish people just didn't always try this hard to be funny with crappy MS paint pictures 2009-styled.
But heh, I guess this is how things turned out.

Yeah, call me an hypocrite for making joke art too, but I'm not the one who's gonna post something I've actually spent effort into in a thread full of people making joke art ;-;

f5rUSZT.jpg
I actually did spend time and gave most of my effort to this Photoshopped picture.
Even though it's meant to be funny and it took about 10 minutes to make.

Reactions: Ping Ether
N

Nikboo

Beat this

View attachment 131708
I kinda dislike when things turn into joke threads, I kind of liked the idea of an art thread, but seeing how limited and closed the subject theme is for the art I'm not surprised most the drawings are a joke post.
I really wish people just didn't always try this hard to be funny with crappy MS paint pictures 2009-styled.
But heh, I guess this is how things turned out.

Yeah, call me an hypocrite for making joke art too, but I'm not the one who's gonna post something I've actually spent effort into in a thread full of people making joke art ;-;

Uhm. Not everyone here who's art isn't the greatest actually posted a joke art post?

I can freely say that I didn't try my best with the art post however I never meant for it to be a joke? I'm not amazing at art at all. I'm actually pretty bad at it. That's why I discontinued art as a lesson, at school, last year.

The point of my post wasn't to win a shining medal. I only really wanted to participate and have a bit of fun. I wanted to see how well I could do. I don't have a fancy-ass photoshop 10/10 masterpiece. I don't even HAVE photoshop. The only think I could really create the best I could do is on paint and so... I tried... and here is the outcome. I don't expect myself to improve on the painting every single day because as I said, I only posted it for fun.

zRinne said:
Create a fun piece everyone can smile, laugh,cry and appreciate, you can never go wrongwith art.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Uhm. Not everyone here who's art isn't the greatest actually posted a joke art post?

I can freely say that I didn't try my best with the art post however I never meant for it to be a joke? I'm not amazing at art at all. I'm actually pretty bad at it. That's why I discontinued art as a lesson, at school, last year.

The point of my post wasn't to win a shining medal. I only really wanted to participate and have a bit of fun. I wanted to see how well I could do. I don't have a fancy-ass photoshop 10/10 masterpiece. I don't even HAVE photoshop. The only think I could really create the best I could do is on paint and so... I tried... and here is the outcome. I don't expect myself to improve on the painting every single day because as I said, I only posted it for fun.
I never even said you needed to make a 69/69 drawing with special FX and Rembrandt style, neither did I directly even say your art was bad.
I've not, not written "Niko's art is a joke, lmao bad xdxdxdddddd"
And you know what else, you can't really blame it on others for your lack of self-criticism. Sometimes you just gotta admit it, your art is not the finest, and it's fine because everyone improves. And the fact that people are actually having a laugh at your drawing instead of just not liking it, is an art piece on its own.

All art is made for "fun". And guess what, when people find your art "not so serious", they're having fun. It's not fun because of its content, but because of the way it's made.
And thus, all art is bad and will to improve in some way, "for fun" or not, considering it's all really made for fun....

I kinda feel sorry for you right now, the thread was going fine on its sarcastic way until you had to make a wall of text about not being able to actually valuate what you draw. If your art is bad, and people recognize it, it's normal. And of course they're gonna recognize it.

Bad art and joke art are two different things. If people get your art as joke instead of just bad is something you should probably be proud of.
Most people, when starting out, get INSULTED for being "bad" at art.
But then there's people who make constructive criticism to art. There's serious criticism, and slightly funnier criticism.
If you get criticism as a way to improve yourself as a person, good on you.
if you get criticism as a moral attack on your personal self, you can only blame yourself and yourself only.

And it's not like ignoring people by pressing a big red button to mute them from yourself is ever gonna do anything, it won't improve you, your way of doing things or the way you act with people. You're just making the whole situation worse and more cringey than it already was.
Why did this start? Because of people not accepting making mistakes. Mistakes people actually have a laugh at, enjoy.
Congratz on you, Nikoshka.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I'm not blaming anyone, but leave the discussions please. This is supposed to be a funny and creative thread and by discussing these kind of things threads like these are getting ruined :v.
Edit: lately this community is so focussed on what every one else is doing wrong, but cut that crap. We should be having fun, not arguing about every single detail.

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
1wjhVTc.png

Hello CubeCrafters,
I am excited to announce that we'll be having an Fan Art community thread to spread the Easter love as well as to inspire those around you with your wonderful art.
Encourage your friends to submit their own artwork and get to know the community better while strengthening your bond with one another.
Made a mistake in reality that you can not undo? No worries! with art, you'll always have your trusty eraser by your side.
(For digital art, there is always the lovely undo button that will never betray you unlike my ex-boyfriend)
Compete and compare with your friends or show off your skills.
Create a fun piece everyone can smile, laugh, cry and appreciate, you can never go wrong with art.
When submitting your artwork, make sure it is CubeCraft themed.

Theme:
Related to a map
or
CubeCraft with a slap of Easter-ness!

Do not know what to submit? Here is an example:
Let your imagination run free, create whatever pops into your head.. or pops out of it..
or just smash the egg somewhere!
f1sHa4S.jpg

Put on your bunny slippers, grab an egg and come join us on this Easter ride.
We can not wait to see your work of art.

CubeCraft fan art ideas!
We have a game about eggs!??! There is so much creativity you can have with that, change the colours of the egg decorate it however you'd like. During an epic SkyWars battle, have huge egg fights. Re-create our maps with an Eastery twist.

Deadline: 26th April!
(Forum rules still applies, please do not create anything offensive)
Is it allowed to use programs like Cinema4D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom