Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
-Map Name: Arcade
-Creators of map: @Smoothlyy and @Neptuune
-Description of map: Arcade themed map. There are two arcade machines on each side of the map that have the game Tetris on them. We incorporated ideas from a multitude of arcade games, the snake on the wall comes from the game ‘Snake’, we also have Pac-Man and an Orange Ghost, and finally, an alien from 'Space Invaders'. The little contraption made out iron blocks is supposed to symbolize the part of an arcade machine where you insert a coin to play a game. There is also an arcade token in the center of the map.

Screenshots:
2020-06-14_10.54.16.png
2020-06-14_10.54.33.png
2020-06-14_10.54.49.png

2020-06-14_10.54.55.png
2020-06-14_10.55.51.png
2020-06-14_10.56.23.png

CHANGELOG(Refer back to see our previous submission: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/updated-2-17-duels-arcade.226487/)
-Changed the color of the snake to green
-Changed the floor and walls to white terracotta
-Edited the coin in the middle

-Edited the pacman.
-Added quartz and made towers in the corners
-Edited the coins in the corners
-Added grey terracotta on the bottom and top of the walls
-Edited the apple near the snake
To conclude we changed the color palette a bit and made things a bit brighter. We got rid of the dark colors that made the map look kind of grim.

Thanks again to @Neptuune she fr carried me on this project. Criticism is greatly appreciated and needed!
Thanks to all that gave us advice throughout this project!

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I'm blown away with the attention to detail with this map. With the changes that have been made, it has really transformed this Duels map, and in my opinion, made it perfect. I will be playing this map if it gets added and I'm a big fan. The whole vibe is just so different from most maps in Duels. +1 hope this gets added!

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
That wall design is really nice though. I also really like the theme of your map, its original and you both worked it out really nice, well done! I also see good improvements relative to your other mapsubmission. I'll give this one a yes.

LilNugget

Dedicated Member
Jun 21, 2016
McDonalds
I have seen maps similar to this and have always loved the concept! If I could make a suggestion, I would say make it a tad bit wider so there is a little bit more room. All in all great little arena, you've got my vote! :)

Reactions: Smoothlyy

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
How simple and how much detail in this is great. I am very impressed of how you managed to fit all of this in a tight space and still got the image across! 👍

Reactions: Smoothlyy

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hello Smoothlyy thank you for your efforts in submitting this map to us.

Collectively the design team have decided to accept this map submission. Here are our thoughts:
  • We think this concept would work pretty well with duels and we'd like to see it in the game.
  • We'd like to make a few additions before pushing it to the network, just some minor things we think that can improve it substantially.
  • The build is of good quality, we like the pixel art moving across the sides towards each side and the arcade machines on either side, it creates a sort of "player 1 vs player 2" theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
Top Bottom