Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello,

Im suggesting Cubecraft remove the punishment track for invite links in the Discord, it is no longer needed as it just goes out of chat straight away anyway. No one is affected by it and that's why rules are there.

- A lot of people i've seen getting punished in reaction say they "didn't know it wasnt allowed" etc.. well now there's no need to know if its not allowed as it gets deleted straight away

There's no need for the punishment anymore, it doesn't affect anyone not matter how much its done.

If you disagree :disagree: please tell me why.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 347571

What about making important rules more clear, for example verification steps to actually do stuff in the discord or the new "member screening" made by discord where you see the rules, if that's the case then i'd get if if people get banned. But if i gotta be honest, cubecraft is really big and making a bot that can prevent a lot of the issues isn't hard for them at all either.

Reactions: Herausgefunden

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
I can see where you’re coming from but I personally think it’s fine to keep it how it is, a lot of people will just move on to bypassing the filter or dms if they don’t see any punishment. Discord links are also super finicky, so they aren’t all blocked at the minute anyway.

What about making important rules more clear, for example verification steps to actually do stuff in the discord or the new "member screening" made by discord where you see the rules, if that's the case then i'd get if if people get banned.
This is a thing, when you join the server you get this:
Screenshot 2021-10-05 173240.png

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
I can see where you’re coming from but I personally think it’s fine to keep it how it is, a lot of people will just move on to bypassing the filter or dms if they don’t see any punishment.
Well ur not gonna punish someone for saying smth ingame if the chat filter blocked it either right? So idk why you’d punish for pretty much the same thing on dc

Reactions: Matriox

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Well ur not gonna punish someone for saying smth ingame if the chat filter blocked it either right? So idk why you’d punish for pretty much the same thing on dc
I mean that's apples to oranges, it's not really the same thing at all. It's a lot rarer for someone to try to bypass the chat filter because it's a shadow block, and ingame doesn't have the dm advertising possibility either. Even if we can agree to disagree on that though, I don't think the suggestion would work out either way because of the second part of my reasoning - removing the punishment track would mean free advertising, which isn't something that should happen.

• Unsure
Reactions: xHappyMood

Caliditas

Jul 11, 2016
Belgium
I think it should stay, the rule still covers DM advertising and players bypassing the filter.
It also informs people about why their invites are getting removed, I don't think there's any other post/page which explains why invites are removed.

lukasek306

Jul 24, 2021
It is clearly stated in the rules that its not allowed, I believe it should stay as it is. It is called basic rule following. If someone didnt know about this, they did not read the rules properly and deserve a punishment in my opinion.

TheMrSpacee

Dedicated Member
Jan 9, 2021
Russia
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello,

Im suggesting Cubecraft remove the punishment track for invite links in the Discord, it is no longer needed as it just goes out of chat straight away anyway. No one is affected by it and that's why rules are there.

- A lot of people i've seen getting punished in reaction say they "didn't know it wasnt allowed" etc.. well now there's no need to know if its not allowed as it gets deleted straight away

There's no need for the punishment anymore, it doesn't affect anyone not matter how much its done.

If you disagree :disagree: please tell me why.
Appreciate many and understand units.

Frontlane

🦦
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey, I see where you're coming from, and I think it's hard to find good reasons for keeping the rule as well as for your suggestion. However, I don't think you want those people who just join the server and put invite links in chat in your server, as they are a bit more likely to start dm advertising or break other rules (not everyone, it could also just be meant for one person they were having a conversation with and then they are innocent etc etc, but in general this is quite logical).
There probably are cases where people just didn't know it was allowed, but it also could just be them trying to justificate what they did even though they knew what they did, you can't know. In a server a big as CubeCraft's it's quite self-evident as well that you can't send your invite links just like that. Especially now that everyone that joins needs to accept the rules, it's probably not an accident when people send invite links.

I think the rule should stay, maybe a slight tweak in the punishment track could be made, such as 1st time: one month ban, 2nd time: perm, but I don't really see this happening.

Last edited:

Caliditas

Jul 11, 2016
Belgium
I don't see the reason for removing the rule. It's still in effect, the only thing that changed is automatic link removal.
Removing this rule to me is kind of the same as removing the swearing rule since there's a chat filter?

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't see the reason for removing the rule. It's still in effect, the only thing that changed is automatic link removal.
Removing this rule to me is kind of the same as removing the swearing rule since there's a chat filter?
No it's not? But the swearing filter is a prfect example thanks for bringing it up. We don't punish people for filtered swearing but we do punish them for filtered advertising? Punishing for filtered swearing would be stupid as no one sees it the same goes for advertising

And as someone else said why would you want someone who advertised there invite link on your server, why would you want someone who's trying to swear too?

Well no one sees any of this so why should it even be punishable

tobioikawa

Novice Member
Jun 4, 2020
Sorry, but I disagree. When you agree to join CC's Discord server, you're also sort of signing a virtual contract to abide by all their rules. You should read those rules because somewhere in them it says not to advertise your own Discord servers. So, if you didn't know it was a part of the rules, that means you did not read them thoroughly enough.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
As I said in my first post, not all invites are being removed. That means if you remove our ability to punish for it, anyone can advertise. I feel this would make more sense as a post to not punish for filtered things in general, getting rid of an entire rule like this usually wouldn’t work because people can always bypass the filter.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
As I said in my first post, not all invites are being removed. That means if you remove our ability to punish for it, anyone can advertise. I feel this would make more sense as a post to not punish for filtered things in general, getting rid of an entire rule like this usually wouldn’t work because people can always bypass the filter.
Eh well judging by this reply I don’t think ur understanding each other, if I understand correctly Matriox means that you shouldn’t punish anymore for the advertising that gets deleted, while you’re taking it like you shouldn’t punish for any advertising whatsoever.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
I mean, the original suggestion says to literally remove the entire punishment track for discord links. I don’t see how that could mean only when they’re deleted :P

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I didn't know before I made the thread that not all discord embeds where being removed, but my thread point is to not punished the ones that are removed as no one sees them

Reactions: xHappyMood

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I mean, the original suggestion says to literally remove the entire punishment track for discord links. I don’t see how that could mean only when they’re deleted :P
That's only because I thought they all were removed, but now I know

Reactions: Deann

Caliditas

Jul 11, 2016
Belgium
No it's not? But the swearing filter is a prfect example thanks for bringing it up. We don't punish people for filtered swearing but we do punish them for filtered advertising? Punishing for filtered swearing would be stupid as no one sees it the same goes for advertising

And as someone else said why would you want someone who advertised there invite link on your server, why would you want someone who's trying to swear too?

Well no one sees any of this so why should it even be punishable
Wait but when they're removed you don't get punished for it? Or did I miss something? The rule is only about people bypassing the filter & DM advertising and stuff not covered by it right?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Congrats.
Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
Top Bottom