Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
do you want rods in survival games. i personal would love to put gg ez 360 rod combo's in my montages although I feel like rods could open SG up to some weird glitches and cheats so the second question is how to you think this will effect

1. Lag
2. Cheating
3. Glitches

lastly i would like to say this is my 1st thread so let me know how i can improve. (i may be also putting up a poll for this same question so look out for that)

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
A couple things:
  1. There already are rods in survival games, you can craft them with 3 sticks and 2 string. However, they do not function properly and their trajectory is messed up. You can use them to fish, but you get only a small bit of xp. If they hit a player, they will attach to the player, but not deal kb or change movement.
  2. There are alternatives. You can use a bow to stop an opponent's momentum like you would with a fishing rod. Chickens that spawn on the map will eventually produce eggs, which are basically single use rods.
  3. Bedrock PvP doesn't support the rod like in 1.8. On newer versions of minecraft (bedrock included) instead of rods dealing kb when cast, they pull the opponent in when reeled. This is not really a combo-starting mechanic, but would be helpful in sg. If the rod were to be implemented like this, I think it would be somewhat uncommon, perhaps as much as a compass.
  4. Even if implemented in the way you want, they wouldn't work how you think they would. Rods (in the context of PvP) deal kb similarly to how snowballs and eggs do, and currently you cant really get good combos on the server with either of the latter.
  5. Even if the server made rods work in a way that allows you to get combos, keyboard and mouse players would benefit far more than controller and mobile players. The most effective usage of the rod requires switching between sword and rod quickly, and this is made easier by hotkeying - which neither controllers nor mobile controls allow to be done (and if so, not very easily). The server tries to make its gamemodes suitable for all players, so adding a mechanic which overwhelmingly benefits the players with an already advantageous control setup is not a direction it intends to go in.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
Top Bottom