is buying a rank a waste of money

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
I don't want to be offensive but ranked players treat other players differently sometimes, thats what I experienced in the last couple months, and yes, its my opinion that ranks are a waste of money. Not because its virtual, but because the perks that come with it are useless. I don't want to quick scope you (If i used that phrase right LOL). Also what do you mean "it makes the game funny etc"?
Yes, I agree (a little bit) that the perks are useless. You can only do things in the lobby and that comes by the EULA.

You can vote for games, a bigger friendlist, gagdets, ...

Reactions: Luzario

DaHammy

Mar 29, 2016
Italy
Lets be honest here, you said "I mean you don't get so many perks with iron, but does it really matter though?", It does matter, the ranks are there to attract you to buy them, for money for the server, thats the first intention for ranks. But when the new EULA came in, ranks became a waste of money. And you said "and the perks are as a small thank you", the perks are the only reason you would buy a rank and give money to the server. I also want to say, people only buy ranks for the useless perks meaning they had no intention on supporting the server. Thats all you ranked players say.
In conclusion, ranks are only there to make you donate to the server, if they just had a "pick amount of money and donate", no one would donate to a server. But in my opinion ranks are a waste of money.
I think this thread should be locked because everyone keeps saying the something :L

I have to disagree with this. Paying for a rank is obviously not for the perks.. It's not the first intention to buy a rank.. Like, you like cubecraft? Playing for free on it? Well that's nice, Cubecraft doesn't get money by just like that to run the server and pay for the requirements. The donators are the reason why this server is still alive. The intention of buying a rank is to support the server. Imagine you are running a server with around 150,000 players per day (according to stats.cubecraft.net), what do you think how much that would cost? It's a lot of money. Renting a server on a Minecraft server host already costs around 5 dollars for max. 100 players and 2gb RAM. I don't really pay attention to other's comments to this thread due to that I won't let those comments affect my own opinion. You have an opinion? You disagree with mine? That's great, but not a reason to criticize my opinion.

Reactions: Aurora

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
I have to disagree with this. Paying for a rank is obviously not for the perks.. It's not the first intention to buy a rank.. Like, you like cubecraft? Playing for free on it? Well that's nice, Cubecraft doesn't get money by just like that to run the server and pay for the requirements. The donators are the reason why this server is still alive. The intention of buying a rank is to support the server. Imagine you are running a server with around 150,000 players per day (according to stats.cubecraft.net), what do you think how much that would cost? It's a lot of money. Renting a server on a Minecraft server host already costs around 5 dollars for max. 100 players and 2gb RAM. I don't really pay attention to other's comments to this thread due to that I won't let those comments affect my own opinion. You have an opinion? You disagree with mine? That's great, but not a reason to criticize my opinion.
You said what everyone else said so I'm not gonna say anything

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
If you bought a rank already, then you wasted ur money on a block game. Iron rank costs $20 which is a waste of money because you couldve got food and clothing which is important. on the other hand, obsidian rank costs almost $200 WHAT!
thats more expensive than a core i3 7350k. you could buy a computer with that or save that money and get expensive stuff like an iphone
I don't believe buying a rank is a waste of money, especially if you really enjoy playing on the server and the ranks offer some cool features. Buying a rank also helps support Cubecraft; I'm hoping to get obsidian rank soon. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

ThePixleWarrior

Aug 12, 2016
Malta
If you bought a rank already, then you wasted ur money on a block game. Iron rank costs $20 which is a waste of money because you couldve got food and clothing which is important. on the other hand, obsidian rank costs almost $200 WHAT!
thats more expensive than a core i3 7350k. you could buy a computer with that or save that money and get expensive stuff like an iphone
Ok

A rank supports cubecraft so thet can keep there server up. A server costs a lot of money to run. Have you ever seen a server without any sort of ranks?

I dont belive a lot in ranks and i cant afford any but its still nice to give them money and support #CCG

Aug 23, 2017
Wadiya
Thing is msot the people who have the money to buy the obsidian rank have a phone have clothing and most certainly have food so all your points are useless

Aug 23, 2017
Wadiya
Ok

A rank supports cubecraft so thet can keep there server up. A server costs a lot of money to run. Have you ever seen a server without any sort of ranks?

I dont belive a lot in ranks and i cant afford any but its still nice to give them money and support #CCG
Ive seen a server run fully on non pay2win all it has is keys suffixes and /feed every 10min and it has like 200+ and its factions lel and like every fac server has ranks :D

Wormy21GX

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2017
I also forgot to mention that the most expensive rank on hypixel is less than $50 so it isnt as overpriced as obsidian rank which is almost $200

Reactions: Luzario

Miuka

Jun 3, 2016
Spain
Hello!
I don't think that buy a rank is a waste of money.
I think it's a way of supporting Cubecraft and the people who make it possible, so that it works every day and improves daily.
I don't understand why people hate the ranks...

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
I guess I kinda agree, but at the same time i disagree.
I agree because you could always get a free rank on the cubecraft`s rank poll over on twitch and sometimes you wouldn't want to be spammed by people who want overpowered etc. (I know you can turn your chat off, but what's the point?)
I disagree because you could get access to voting, pvp duels and all the cool perks. Also you are helping to fund the server and to update their anti-cheats I guess.

ChaosConjurer

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2016
Canada
I guess I kinda agree, but at the same time i disagree.
I agree because you could always get a free rank on the cubecraft`s rank poll over on twitch and sometimes you wouldn't want to be spammed by people who want overpowered etc. (I know you can turn your chat off, but what's the point?)
I disagree because you could get access to voting, pvp duels and all the cool perks. Also you are helping to fund the server and to update their anti-cheats I guess.

Hello! Please avoid posting on threads that haven't been replied on within the last 14 days as this is necro-posting which is against the rules:
5- No Necro-posting. This is replying to threads which haven't been posted on within 2 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived (does not include forum games or news threads).
Should you have any questions, feel free to message me here.
- Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Verideta wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congrats on 500 messages!
Mintypie231 wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎉
Mintypie231 wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎂 🎉
Basketman wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday Mivke 🥳
Basketman wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday 🎉
Top Bottom