Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

is buying a rank a waste of money

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wormy21GX

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2017
If you bought a rank already, then you wasted ur money on a block game. Iron rank costs $20 which is a waste of money because you couldve got food and clothing which is important. on the other hand, obsidian rank costs almost $200 WHAT!
thats more expensive than a core i3 7350k. you could buy a computer with that or save that money and get expensive stuff like an iphone

Attachments

• bandicam 2017-08-15 13-36-06-145.png
    bandicam 2017-08-15 13-36-06-145.png
    235.3 KB · Views: 620

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Ive bought my emerald rank not only for the perks it gives you, but also to support Cubecraft. Remember that from the money they earn from selling ranks the entire server is being financed. Also Ive got my rank since august 2016, which is 1 year now, and I expect more years on this server to come. If you calculate that, the 90 euros or something that it costs isnt that much. I know 200$ for obsidian rank (which has just a few more perks then emerald) is a lot, but if you dont want it, just dont buy it and buy your intel i3.

Please dont hate on ranks, if you think it's a waste of money, just dont buy a rank. People that have money for it and do want to support this awesome server may feel free to buy a rank.

Edit: changed "diamond rank" to "emerald rank" as Ive upgraded my rank a few days ago

Last edited:

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Thanks for warning, I guess? I have already bought an emerald rank, but if you know how many money it cost for maintance the server, you will stop saying that buying a rank is waste of your money. I don't think that you can buy a good computer with 200€, but okay. You can play on Cubecraft for free, but maintance the server cost a lot of money. Everyone thinks what he wants of his money. You can find this waste of your money, but I look it in another direction.

Can this become locked, @Cynamooo or is this a discussion?

zHeavy

Nov 2, 2016
Belgium
I bought my obi rank not only for the perks it gives you, but also to support Cubecraft.

Wormy21GX

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2017
Thanks for warning, I guess? I have already bought an emerald rank, but if you know how many money it cost for maintance the server, you will stop saying that buying a rank is waste of your money. I don't think that you can buy a good computer with 200€, but okay. You can play on Cubecraft for free, but maintance the server cost a lot of money. Everyone thinks what he wants of his money. You can find this waste of your money, but I look it in another direction.

Can this become locked, @Cynamooo or is this a discussion?
at least you can buy a computer

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
It's actually not wasting of money. We (the donators) support the server to stay alive. If the prices were cheaper, then CubeCraft already died a long time ago. I know it's a lot of money, but you support the server you love the most and you have a warm feeling of it. Although I have that feeling. ^-^
But don't say it is waste of money, because it isn't. I bought Obsidian for myself. Not from Stone to Obsidian but from Stone to Iron, from Iron to Lapiz, etc.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Like everyone else, I didn't purchase a rank for only the perks but also to support CubeCraft with it.
You can see it as waste of your money, but I certainly don't see it as that. I am really happy with my rank and that I purchased it.
I didn't go directly from Stone to Obsidian, but from Stone to Diamond, from Diamond to Emerald and from Emerald to Obsidian. Also, I didn't pay the full price once. I always upgraded my rank with sale.

If you didn't know, developing games and keeping the server up costs money, a lot of money. The server keeps up and there are updates of games because we purchase ranks and buy point multipliers.

Reactions: Maaarijn

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Oops, I already 'wasted' my money. Oh wait: "Money doesn't make people happy" A rank does make people happy and it is easier to contact people with a rank. Btw, why do you even care what other people do with their money. And last but not least, the only thing you can do with a computer is to play minecraft, after you've bought minecraft you can only play on cubecraft, and while playing cubecraft the only thing you have to do is to buy a rank. Easy, isn't it? (Btw, #BandicamArmy)

Caaaaarman

Jun 1, 2017
The Cat Store.
www.cubecraft.net
If you bought a rank already, then you wasted ur money on a block game. Iron rank costs $20 which is a waste of money because you couldve got food and clothing which is important. on the other hand, obsidian rank costs almost $200 WHAT!
thats more expensive than a core i3 7350k. you could buy a computer with that or save that money and get expensive stuff like an iphone
Yes.. I agree with USD It is expensive! But with GBP or something that's cheaper, and i have a gold rank... Wait for the sales.And this supports cubecraft. So i say its not expensive.

clays3c

Dec 21, 2016
USA
If you bought a rank already, then you wasted ur money on a block game. Iron rank costs $20 which is a waste of money because you could've got food and clothing which is important. on the other hand, obsidian rank costs almost $200 WHAT!
that's more expensive than a core i3 7350k. you could buy a computer with that or save that money and get expensive stuff like an iphone
I completely disagree with you, I have diamond rank and am going to get the emerald on the next sale, there is nothing wrong with the prices just make sure you actually like the server and want the rank before you get it :P

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
couldve got food and clothing which is important.
You are right, it is important.
But, you don't have to just buy food, clothes, etc.
You can buy leisure items as well, aka non-necessities.
You are not going to die from using 50$ to buy a one-time-purchase rank.

you could buy a computer with that or save that money and get expensive stuff like an iphone
Well, that's their choice.
You can't control how people use their money, it's their choice.
They chose to buy a rank, and I see nothing wrong with that.

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
To be honest, I hate ranks but in the end its a DONATION to the server which is what counts! I would like to donate to the server just the ranks are expensive. But donations is what keeps the sever running :)

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Oh yeah I don't think you should talk about it anymore and ask to lock the thread because you'll get hate and I got muted on a server for being rude to ranked players :confused1:

F

Facelurite

Its a waste if money. They charge loads of money for some stupid nametag behind your IGN. What does it do? It gets a zombie to follow you? Change what eggwars does? I dont care. Anything is fine.

Ranks are a total waste of money.

Reactions: Luzario
F

Facelurite

Oh yeah I don't think you should talk about it anymore and ask to lock the thread because you'll get hate and I got muted on a server for being rude to ranked players :confused1:
We're allowed to express our opinion on hiw dumb ranks really are. I dont care if it offends some childeren.

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
We're allowed to express our opinion on hiw dumb ranks really are. I dont care if it offends some childeren.
To be honest, ranks are only there to make people to donate, and that is what counts, but ranks only come with a few perks which I won't need. But sometimes I get frustrated when I do something and it says you have to have a rank, and not just a rank but one of the high expensive ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on llvqs's profile.
Thank you for the follow! Also have a good redt of your day/night today!:D
I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Top Bottom